My incredible Seed Run

About 18-20 months ago I discovered an amazing plant from a pheno hunt. I saw something interesting in this Girl Scout Cookie plant and decided to clone some. Then Covid nailed me bad and my shed/garden took a beating and almost everything died except a few clones. And one clone died in flower and I found a black plant with about 1/4 Oz. of sticky buds and the smoke was great.

So I went to work saving this amazing strain. I wanted it in regular seeds for breeding reasons and fems for ease. But the strain was so stable it would not reverse with colloidal silver and/or stress so the fem breed failed. But the regular breed has been going well. I crossed my closest relative in regular seed and kept crossing the offspring beck to a clone. F3 seeds are done and F4 is in the works, that will be my last seed breeding for a long time. And I have 10 crosses of gear to try out now. So basically I crossed the Girl Scout Cookies with Wedding Cake, Skywalker OG, My Super Diesel, Purple Kush, and Thai cross is ready to breed in 5 days. And I left a few out.

88 Likes

Looking good. A Thai cross you say…

7 Likes

Crosses sounds outstanding
Good luck and hope everything works out for you :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Mmmm Skywalker Cookies sounds great. Baked with force lightning

5 Likes

I’ll be selecting the Male over the weekend I imagine.

7 Likes

Should be great. The Thai is loaded with THCV so it could be interesting smoke.

6 Likes

The Thai is something that has eluded me. I’ve got all kinds of shit but no Thai.

6 Likes

those crosses sound phenomenal, i hope everything goes well, good luck :blush: :+1:

F4 will bring you to 94% of the clone wouldn’t it?

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Something like that.

7 Likes

Good job!! :clap::clap:
Those sound like some outstanding crosses! :green_heart::v:

4 Likes

The crosses sound awesome. Particularly that Skywalker and Thai. Best of luck.

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

If were talking math it started as 25% GSC x 100%Red GSC. and then Bx1 would be 125% divided by 2 or 62.5. And Bx4 would be 95.3%. But in this case the plants were not that different according to Mendelian rules to start with. And Bx1 is killer I’m sure as I know all my genetics involved, but I haven’t grown it yet

22 Likes

@SativaKid
Bx1= 50+25 = 75%
Bx2= 75+12.5 = 87.5%
Bx3= 87.5+6.25 = 93.75%
Bx4= 93.75+3.125 = 96.87%
Bx5= 96.87+1.56 = 98.43%
Bx6= 98.43+0.78 = 99.218%

18 Likes

The more you can grow the better ‘the find’…
I just noticed there’s a heck of an overlap between weed breeding and fishing. At the top, the more you do the better your chances of 'catching a unicorn’. But when you look deeper it’s more about adjusting the probabilities of finding the unicorn.

I need to think about that. :thinking:

Sorry for free associating on your page…

Cheers
G

24 Likes

It’s all about chatting. And weed genetics are interesting. And a lot of the genetics are polluted with hermies, not my gear. I stress test a lot and my 2 best strains never hermie under any circumstances.

15 Likes

I’ve been thinking about how to do multiple projects in a year.
Sort of a summer thought exercise.
Currently, I’m thinking 4x 3x3 tents, just because of herms, cross pollination etc. The down side is, I now know I need a certain amount of square footage for support functions… :pinching_hand: :smile:

I may get to put some of this to use in a couple years

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I have the two 4X4’s in separate living spaces with separate air source. I have the 5X5 for clones, vegging and autos. So, I can run two at a time. I only did 3 seed runs this year as the timing got messed up. (I have a 2X4 for any issues that come up.)

:green_heart: :seedling:

15 Likes

A lot of people like the idea of a GSC x Skywalker OG. I myself am not moved by the combo, maybe when I grow it.

4 Likes

It’s a luxury to have the extra air space for breeding. I filter the air in and out in my breeding cell and it’s in different air space. And I’m only 30 days from pollen free.

8 Likes