My Little 2x4 Grow

I have 3 apple Betty seeds soaking right now from Herbies Seeds. I’ll be using a 2x4 tent with either led or hps. I haven’t decided yet. This is gonna be a use what I got grow. Nothing fancy. I might use some knf techniques like ferments. We will see. So let’s get this party started. Today is day one of soak. Thanks for stopping by!

31 Likes

Do you already have lights, or are you still in the process of getting one? If you already have lights, what’s your deciding factor for choosing between running the HPS or LED systems?

More importantly, tell us a little about Apple Betty. Is it auto or photo? Regular or feminized? What kind of cycle time are you looking at? What’s the lineage look like? I know of Herbies Headshop, but I’m not familiar with their catalog, since I think their shipping policy is within Canada only, or it was when I checked out their site. Could have even been a different company, heck who knows. I am a stoner, after all :sweat_smile:

Cool name though. I love apples, and I had a grandma named Betty, so count me in for the duration. Hope their soak goes well, and I look forward to your updates :blush:

6 Likes

Hey! I already have the lights. I plan on using an led for starters. I’m really leaning hard on using the 600 watt hps. I will need to use vents because it’s only a 2x4 tent. I do have a couple 6 inch vents and hose. I think 600 watts of hps would be satisfactory for a 2x4. Here’s a link on the apple betty. I plan on using 5 gallon pots…

https://herbiesheadshop.com/cannabis-seeds/apple-betty-herbies-seeds

6 Likes

Got an Apple Betty in early veg right now. Growing in honor of my ma in law Betty who passed on back in Jan from lung cancer. She did not partake in this thing of ours but I got lucky as far as Ma in laws go. Just a way to keep the memory alive

9 Likes

a 600 will fry your shit in a space like that unless you have a cooltube on it or something. my flower boxes are a bit over 3*3 and the 600 was too much so i mostly use the 400hps

what kind of led do you have?

5 Likes

Sounds cool! Just curious how was your experience ordering from Herbies? Seems like I always here either awesome or terrible but some of their in-house strains sound nice. Did you have to sign for your delivery?

My 2 cents you can do a 600 watt in that space but you will have to aircool it which ain’t a huge deal imo but if you’re running 5 gallon pots those plants will be big and will likely crowd that light before they finish. I would recommend either 3 gallon pots to limit the size or a 100-200 watt LED so the larger plants will have another 6-10 inches to grow. Looking forward to seeing how this stain grows.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Cybersmib. Feel free to post any pics here. @beacher I have these dakason 100 watt leds. They pull 100 watts from the wall. I could fit 3 of them easy in the tent maybe 4. I do have 4 of them. @Naptown916 my ordering experience was good. I actually received 2 different orders and I got em both within 2 weeks. They do ship to the usa

3 Likes

Here she is. Like I said early veg (not even topped yet)

Good growing

9 Likes

the power to light ratio is different on many leds so its hard to say, but id guess one or maybe two of those 100w lights should cover your space no problem. now you have to build another room for your third light lol

2 Likes

I’ll pull up a chair n tag along. Wishing you the best of luck. I love my 2x4 tent, though I wish it was slightly taller. @Justsmkn

@Cybersmib sorry to hear about your loss

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I’m happy I’m not the only one growing apple betty. Thanks @beacher. Lol yeah I hear ya, I do have an extra 4x4 tent I guess I could get going… @Illicitmango nice to have you along!

3 Likes

This sounds good enough to eat!

1 Like

It is always good to have a plan “B”.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Yes sir it does sound good. I hope it’s as good as the name! @G-paS yesm it’s always good to have plan b.

I made my mind up on the lights. I’m going to be using a 600 watt hps with a cool tube. It’s between 105 and 110 without the tube. The cool tube is on its way. I’m not 100 percent it’s gonna work but I’m sure gonna try.
Anyway 2 out of the 3 apple betty have sprouted! That’s all I need. I just have to keep them alive. I have only been growing inside for a few years so… I think we will get it done!

3 Likes

Apple Betty is on my growing wishlist :heart_eyes: can’t wait to see it grow
Good luck :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks @James_Pot! It’s good to have you tag along!

1 Like

Well 2 of the 3 apple betties popped then damped off. So now it’s a gelato grow.
Plan is a one plant grow as of now. If I do decide to do a one plant grow I’ll be doing a manifold grow. I got the 600 watt hps setup and ready to grow. This is a 2x4 tent with a 600 watt hps. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:.

20221027_095848

4 Likes

We are off to the races. I’m using jacks soluble.
The plant in the middle is a gelato s1 by @bassman5420 and the 2 on the outsides is holy surfer by @blendmedmedman.

7 Likes

very nice to see

2 Likes

They are finally rooted in and starting to grow! I’m excited for these. Nothing like indoor bud!

8 Likes