My Medical Grow

gramps again playing with the camera todays garden . A new strain for me from seed Vanilla Frosting Humboldt Frost x Humboldt Gelato BX3 reporting THC 20% - 25% range 8’ x 8 ’ yep that’s feet a long way to go should be big and fat like me .

40 Likes

Really impressive, I would like to get lost in that forest … :seedling::deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Now that its legal to grow small numbers might as well take advantage of full sun large bags hard to over water good draining medium and plenty of nutrients . Its been in the high 90s to over 100 degrees so I flood these girls every day and back off on watering when the days get shorter and weather cools .

14 Likes

I guess that if the lawyers see your plants they will think that “small number” is useless as count with gigantic plants as yours . They must drink a whole olympic swimming pool.

Would have been great to know the steps accomplished to get those monsters, they relly look healthy and happy, congrats for a great job done …

7 Likes

Started clones and seed under 2000 watt LEDs in a tent 24 hrs of light to start first of April then on three or four hours natural light in early may then back under LEDs for rest of the night all in one gal pots after danger of frost middle of may transplanted into big bags . Had a lot of rain this spring but the plants loved it . I had a lot of problems to start with mold and aphids humidity was to high had to open the grow tent flaps to gain control along with the same mixture of homemade bug spray I’m still using . Before I transplanted I used light Dep to force the seedlings to flower . I had a bunch of one foot tall plants in full bud every thing reverted and formed big green balls with lots of tops . I’m leaving out a lot of details but use the same general method year after year for great results . Nutrients light and good water Happy Growing .

14 Likes

Hey, that was a 300 or more psts grow diary condensed in just one paragraph , thanks for the effort. Dense story and much work behind, hope next year you will start a step by step diary. Very interesting tips and ideas (first time I see daily taking indoors and outdoors the plants), now I better understand how they became that massive height, thanks for sharing …

4 Likes

I found that clones need to be hardened off when going from LED to full sun also the breeze outdoors makes the plant stronger not so leggy . Moving from indoor to out door directly will cause problems .

7 Likes

Fantastic! Is that basil I see next to it? Wow! Your garden looks delicious! All of it!

5 Likes

Peppers but I have basil and a lot of veggies .

3 Likes

So todays gardening was watering and spreading tops added a few more nets , I sprayed for aphids yesterday evening I’m seeing results for the good . But still have aphids . Has anyone ever used DoctorZymes Eliminator ? All Natural insecticide ? it has a cool label if nothing else . I might spot a small area to test . According to the label its safe at all stages non- toxic no special gear needed like a bio suit I use a dust mask and goggles with the D E mix .

5 Likes

Haven’t tried it, but a good old fashioned spray with the hose and dr. bronners soap should get rid of your aphids

1 Like

I’m using bio soap now with added goodies and giving the girls a good shower . I prune daily removing all discolored leaf Bug hotels .

2 Likes

I’ve just battled caterpillars on my outside girls. Heading out now for a milk foliar as one now has the start of pm. Oh the joys of outdoor growing

3 Likes

I tried milk and water solution sun warmed for a day not much action . Then a Tomato leaf concoction same results allowing a day between then a mix of both same results slows them down but the war is still on . Old Mad scientist going to try a new creation tonight on a small area . Report in the morning .

3 Likes

The milk killed my pm in 5 minutes. Just sprayed it earlier. Go figure

1 Like

so is pm a type of mold ? My D E mixture wipes out mold and mites but the aphids are a big problem around here . There just moving around with the wind grow to grow .

1 Like

Powdery mildew aka fungus

1 Like

I had major P M on my indoor starts this spring along with spider mites aphids hitch hikers from some donated plants treated the starts once a week and won the battle . Good luck

3 Likes

After the sun started to set I sprayed the tops of a plant that was infected bad with aphids and little green worms came wiggling out of the buds within the first hour and I think it may be working on the aphids also but I picked off at least fifteen little green worms ? The worms don’t like that spray I used a 1/2 oz to 32 ozs of water . Will check with a loupe in the morning maybe baby thc worms ? No smell or visible coating on the plant .

2 Likes

The tiny green worms are probably caterpillars

2 Likes