My MN Outdoor CBDs

Started from seeds called Cherry Blossom.
Outside in some DIY Self Watering/Air Prune pots.

12 Likes

Great these from seed - CBDs called Cherry Blossom.
Used GH 3 part and am switching to Green Planet brand. Made some DIY Self Watering/Air Prune Planters.

4 Likes

Got ya fixed up with the duplicate threads, Welcome to OG :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to OG. Looking like some some tasty bud! I’m curious about your buckets. I used to run the dual bucket sub irrigated/ Earth buckets outdoors with great success. I’m guessing your buckets are similar with the addition of the air pruning. Pretty cool and looks like it’s working well for you! Looking forward to seeing more of your grows and your setup.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. I started using these growing chili peppers and got the idea from a pepper forum. And your right. I built the 2 bucket system and added the air prune feature using a whole saw and landscape fabric.
I could either find a vid for you or write up the directions if you’re interested.

5 Likes

It’s hard to see the setup clearly but I’m interested. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

I would love to see how you did it

thanks for sharing your work looks great

Dequilo

2 Likes

Welcome and nice plant…I too am interested In your design!

2 Likes

Guys,

Here is a video on the DIY Self Watering Air Pruning Pots.

Good steps in addition to the video:

I feel that black or dark pots are best. Lighter colors let light through which can promote algae growth.

Key Tip – Drill holes and run a bolt through the bottom end of the fill pipe (under the inside bucket). This acts as a catch. Without this the pipe can pull out of the hole which would be a nightmare to fix. I also added a PVC cap to the top of the fill pipe.

Put something in the net cup to act as a strainer, keeping dirt/media from falling through into the bottom. I used a cut off sock, pulled it tight under the net cup, and snugged the cup into the hole and holding the sock.

Drill out holes around the sides of the buckets for air pruning. I used the same hole saw I used for the inner bucket center hole. **Be sure to keep the 2 buckets always lined up the same way through this process. I lined up the spots where the handles mount as a reference. Without this your holes won’t line up.

Line the whole inside of the top inner bucket with landscape fabric or weed barrier before you fill with your soil/media.

If you are using more of a soil mix, get some coco coir or peat moss for the bottom hole center area of the bucket, especially the net cup. This will boost the wicking action.

Ultra High Roller Pro Tip–
If you want/need to leave plants for a REALLY long time un-attended you can add another small hole opposite the drain hole and run a small irrigation line to a 2nd bucket (level with the first) with a float valve, which is then attached to a 3rd bucket filled full of water/nutrients. The float valve will feed your plants on demand until the supply bucket is empty. You can even chain together multiple grow buckets

I will post up some closer up pics of the buckets soon.

1 Like

Can anyone direct me to a post/vid, etc on how to determine sex? Next spring I will be starting some non-feminized seeds for the first time.

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/male-or-female-official-identification-thread/5931

1 Like

This was my primary question pm the setup…thanks :slight_smile:

Color for the containers is environmentally variable-- black would roast in my climate & in fact would need a sun shield with air-gap. :desert: :fire:

:evergreen_tree: