My Outdoor 2024 OG seed run

First diary!
Just wanted to let you all in on what i have going on and should work well as a reminder for me. Its going to be a long journey, ill do my best at updates.

My original plan was find some sexy stanky ladies, take some clones pass out to my neighbors and friends in need and have a killer outdoor grow.

I am growing in my 5x5 barn bathroom. This is year 5 using it. I built a removable bench to go over the toilet 2.5’ x 5’. With this years early start the toilet will get pulled. Rooms pretty well insulated so it gets the job done for now. Definitely going to be a full room.

Light is a DIY strip light 4000k samsung h series
With a 240 watt dimmable driver. I need to get building a second one. I purchased enough for two identical fixture just haven’t need the second yet! Currently the light is set 100w. Plants seem to like it.

Soil is happy frog. The further along plants got fresh ewc mixed with the a old bag of HF.
The rest of the plants are HF + myco extreme
in seed holes.

Seeds. The goods! OG goodness
4x Peanut Butter dream - Crafty Flame
4x kush cobbler - @Crafty_Flame
5x Kristi kush x BOG sour grape - @Heliosphear
4x chem fuego f2 - @anonymous4289 (was five dumbass lost one)
5x thunder rose - @JohnnyPotseed
7x snowcaine x RAB - Bad Dawg(not sure why i did the whole pack)

And some of my unknown crosses i found in my out door last year. Maybe, selfed dunno. Should know soon.

4x White runtz x ?
6x hindsight x ?

Yes im out of my mind and its going to be fun.
This grow may turn into my first indoor since 99.
I have a room for a 4.5x5 veg room to be added on to my existing 5x5. If i get that done ill flip these ladies in the 5x5.

I have 3.5 acres with a 28’ x 40’ corral i will run 10 plants in. Used to do 12 plants but ten just works better.

My other spot is a 60’ long x 5’ wide x 3’ deep ditch a friend dug for me i never finished prepping. I’ve grown twice in this spot at one end. This is where i am running the OG ladies!

Ok enough talk heres the pics

35 Likes

Looks like it’s going to be awesome!

I’ve got plumbing in my grow room too, used to be a pub, and I’ve got to say it’s pretty handy. Some day I plan to complete the awesomeness with a floor drain. Don’t know what your post-toilet plans are :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Expandable drain plug to seal off toilet drain when the time comes.

4 Likes

And i screwed up my photos. Ill work on that. Lol
The cups are marked with strains if you can see them.

2 Likes

Thanks for dropping in!

1 Like

pulls up a chair and sits down. im in for the fun! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Gonna need all the help i can get. :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

The OG seeds sprouted 29 for 30 as of now. Waiting on a chem fuego that cracked a couple days slower. Its gonna show soon. 1 PBD is looking a little beat up so that one is up in the air.
The Thunder Rose cracked and had heads above the ground the fastest.

5 Likes

The ditch 2023 hella jelly.
OG girls new home. Only 18 more weeks. :joy:

17 Likes

Nice! Like your light.

I grew Hella Jelly outdoors 2022 and it was my favorite smoke of the season and also just a really nice plant. Did you run Hindsight last summer? That sounds really good to me, how was it?

1 Like

Hindsight is a huge hit. Really great flavor and a long lasting stone. Not a huge producer but i deal with septoria, lots of constant leave stripping.

3 Likes

I screwed up my hella jelly. Wet trimmed and then dried it way to fast. It had some great aromas growing, you could smell it before you seen it. i was bummed on the finished flavor.
Pretty speedy though. Great get shit done smoke!

4 Likes

Solid lineup from the OG’s!! Growing some fire!!

2 Likes

I have more fem hella jelly i will definitely try again! If i could get the smell into the flavor it would be fire.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, I would like to follow along with your progress. What is you seed germination method? Did you germinate in the soil?

I soak paper towel ring it out fold once add seeds
Then fold closed. Seal up in zip lock bag then into a brown grocery bag.
Thanks for stopping in.:v:

3 Likes

Im going to throw this out there. Im horrible at describing tastes and smell. I give away flower to friends co workers and family just so i can get feedback on bud taste and smell.

4 Likes

In this picture you can see why i went to 10 holes vs 12. Holes to close to building so they get shaded out in mid September. Thats a Gorrilla Zkittles i grew a couple years.

7 Likes

Here go @Tracker. Pretty early not much to see yet.

1 Like

Thanks for treating me. Looks like a good start. I’m excited to see how your garden does this year.

May I ask what part of the world you’re in? What lattitude?