My perpetual grow,the good, the bad, the ugly

Tony Greens Tortured Beans Pine Tar Gush all 5 are tailed and cupped.
The LVTK (clone) x Long Bottom fighter 3-4 tailed and cupped.
The Hillbilly Fighter (Tennessee Kush (clone) x Long Bottom Fighter 3-4 tailed and cupped.
Dragon Fighter (3 headed dragon) x Long Bottom Fighter 3-4 tailed and cupped.
Australian Deadhead Mullumbimby/NevilHaze x Casey Jones 5 tailed and cupped.
So today I trim a set of plants to dry, and trim some dried buds into mason jars.
Happy Holidaze!!

4 Likes

Nice looking buds in that tent :+1:

And the cycle continues.
My main focus with most of my plants is to keep my wife supplied too.

Happy weekend man!

3 Likes

Hey Bullitt, Thank you for stopping in. Thank you for the kind words!!

1 Like

looking good my friend :slight_smile:

always enjoy looking at your work

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

1 Like

Let us know a smoke report after the cure. Well done homie

1 Like

There is always something to do in a perpetual cycle. As the fresh beans root build, in the 4" square pots, and I take cuttings from girls going into flower, and my old girls (SFV78) are just about ready for retirement, and as my trimming tray is full of dried buds that need to be snipped and sorted, for edibles and smoking, I just get to a point where I just got to roll a damned big phatty, and sit out back and stress relieve.
That is where I’m going right now…well after pic loading!!
My blue dream x blueberry sativa from Zanzibar. It is right beside SuperGlue x ONHaze

My treasure, SFV78

8 Likes

Well well, all good things come to an end, I never thought I’d enjoy growing out a strain as much as I have the SFV78’s and free packet to boot!

I removed the last 4 of them, I’ll run anyway. I did give her out to a few gardens, but they (the grower) were very skeptical of the 18 weeks of flower. I never bug folks, after I gift something out, if they enjoyed it, they will say so.
The newb’s.
So I’m now working into my flower area, the Salmon Rivers, Spiderbites V2, Herifields,
Skunk 96, SuperGlue x ON Haze, something else is in there, but of course I’m not recalling it.
Take care all.
EDIT: not snakebites but Spiderbites V2 (sorry professor p)

8 Likes

Well well, the end of my SFV78 project is finally on me.
Man what an amazing plant experience she was!! Early on she kicked me in the nuts due to my poor understanding of organics and how/when/how long they release goodies, and timing to keep up with growth, and applying fresh organics in a timely manner, to keep that steady flow of goodies.
I still struggle to identify underfeeding to overfeeding them!! What a sever flaw in my growing abilities!!
Well honestly, I have a lot of sever flaws!! Oh well onward.
They finally showed me the ripeness of the trichomes I’m after. So all were culled and hanging to dry as I type this.
A few snaps,
The last SFV78:

Zanzibar’s Blue Dream x Blueberry Sativa:
Todd McCormik’s ONHaze:
Mel Franks skunk96 clubhead:
skunk96 skinny:

So, some fresh flowering plants, another bigger blue dream x blueberry sativa , a herifields, salmon river and spiderbites V2, all budding up proper (I hope) have had a few herm’s, that can happen with the high breed racehorses…or I make it happen.

Back in May I found an organic plant food, while looking at other folks grows, I wish I could remember excatly who to give them credit for finding it before I did. It is called GeoVeg and GeoFlower and it has really helped me as my last SFV78’s were almost double weight of the seed run plants. That was my only change between grows.

Stay healthy, stay happy, and stay helpful!

11 Likes

The garden has been rolling along. Everything is dried, trimmed and packed away from the last culling. Packed away just over 8 oz’s of main colas and lollipops, 2 oz’s of nice buds, 2 oz’s of airy lowers for edibles, and sugar trim I did not weigh out, looks to be maybe a few ounces for bubble bag extracts.
I’m crazy happy with my Mel Frank Skunk 1 plants that rolling along. I gave a couple away to a place that can really push them out better than I can.
Bigger lights, bigger space, to see what can be done with them.
BUT it has made me crave some of the super stinkers, I ran many years ago. Mine now, are stunning to look at, but not really stinkers, like the Lapis Mountain I ran 10-12 years ago. Or the RKS, I got from Hemp Depot before that.

So I ran across in someones thread about The Nature Farm, so when going through their site, I find Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18 but I think it’s # 20 not that I care, honestly.
I just want to grow out something putrid and gagging, when you brush against her during plant maintenance. I learned long ago to buy way more filter than I need.
So now money flies, and I wait.

However, gardens do not wait, and I got my first Todd McCormiks, Super Glue x ON Haze soon ready to cull, and a Blue Dream x Blueberry Sativa by Zanzibar.
They both are more branchy then I care for, a bitch to turn and move in my area, as the branches get entangled with each other, just to make you get pissy with them for being a hassle…not really, just old guy whine.
I’ll add some snaps later today.

2 Likes

It all starts with building medium. This is medium, that was used, and sat around for while, after the bad girls were either removed, or grew out.
I apply a new round of fertilizers, some Recharge, and store it in these dedicated trash cans, that when I ran a bigger area, I would mix up nutrients in these Brute, and bought them colored, so Veg formula green tote, red tote flower formula, yellow was for transition formula, white was for water/tea’s. I got these at U-line, super heavy duty, and WAY WAY cheaper than reservoirs from the local hydro shop.Sorry to blahblahblah.
Zanzibars Blue Dream x Blueberry Sativa I cracked 4 seeds, 2 did not make it, 1 is now finished, the other still cooking.
she is lovely, a bit spindly structure wise. Her buds are delicious looking, beautiful colors. Her scent when excited, is more blueberry than a rust smell a sativa can have. Her sister is quite the opposite…more on her later. I only have a few snaps of her bud, the pics suck, but a bud pic:
Td McC’s Super Glue x ON Haze: her structure is so similar to the bd x bs. The scent is very strong of super glue and haze. I will her her ripen up a bit longer before I cull her, I’m guesstimating about a week longer. I gave her some water after I removed her from flower.
I’ll snap some better pics, with my crappy tripod, as I cull them to dry.
Herijuana when I ran that from mortabel many years ago, was very stingy with her buds…they however were some of the most potent buds I ever grew out. So I do not get all weepy when girl only gives up a small amount of gear. If so so bud potency, I still learned something, while growing her. Just my $.02

7 Likes

The Super Glue x ON Haze is trimmed, and hanging to dry. I’m really excited to try this out. Lovely superglue smell,with the haze metal smell.

My last pic was way to sucky, worse than these are.

I’ve also recently got to learn about the MAC 1 cutting. I was reading about it, at BB, Cap’s site. I’m going to try an locate and secure one of those, for the medical values, if I can. If not, I’ll get one/some of his other crosses as many seem to enjoy them.
Still waiting for Uncle Fester’s to show up, I’m so excited to run these also!!
Stay safe everyone!!

9 Likes

Damn dude you got some trimming to do. That super glue haze sounds as amazing as it looks. Nice haul homie

1 Like

Hey Dank-D, this super glue for an early sample, has a strong taste of super glue, with a hazy metal taste, I’ve come to really enjoy.
I’ll be removing the bud from stems today, since the sample last night was ok to roll.
The sample was a lower airy bud, a touch to dry, but the others, a touch to moist, but in a jar for a day or so will re-hydrate them over all, then a burp to dry session.
Both plants did not give me a huge amount of bud, as I first like to grow out a girl the way she is.
Second round, I’ll top her and shape her now I know how she stacks bud.
Hell, many times I just do not care to run a second round of an offering, as I seek to find a few keepers.
There is one more BD x BBS cooking, she is a beast.
The Frank/skunks are almost ready soon. I’m very excited to sample those.
Take care all!!

5 Likes

The Mel Frank 1996 skunk beans I got a while back, are finally pulled from the flower tent. Plant A and D and D is the nicer size cola on it.
Plant A had a much bigger top, however a few weeks ago when all that rain came through our area, my humidifier was not running, and being an oldie, it slipped my mind to worrry about mold. As I opened the tent I knew the air was way to wet, and started spreading open the tops to look for that fucking horror, and found it.
I had to cut about 8" off the very top, about as round as a quart bottle, and just covered in mold vomit. So that sucked.
However we can not worry about what happened and get on to what you have, and tonight, I’ll be hanging these skunks to dry.

The skunk a plants buds are very fat. However neither has a hard core stink to it, all through flower I’d rub and molest her, but no strong scents ever turned my stomach, maybe next offering will be so.
I did a service call to the Pine Tar Gush plants, Australian Deadheads, LVTR x long bottom fighter, 3 headed dragon x long bottom fighter, Hill Billy ? x long bottom fighter. They all got some food, and dio .

Was wanting to top them all today, but did not.

8 Likes

Salutation Bud Farmers,
The buds are snipped off the stalks, and placed into mason jars. The A and D phenos are very evident. They both taste very sweet off the stalk, so after a nap, they should be really tasty. I think I got 3 quart jars and pint from each pheno.
The super glue x ON Haze is a bell ringer! Very strong super glue taste, with a slap your face impact. So delicious!!
The Blue dream x Blueberry sativa, is flat out stunning to look at, super delicious nose to it, as you smell deeply into the jar. So delicious, lovely brain burn, with a trippy day dream like buzz.
But enough of the old!
Next in the line up, Uncle Festers Skunk 18 beans, some ONHaze from the 4/20 seed drop from Todd McCormik, and another Zanzibar creation, from his Escobar tribute run, Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain. On a whim I’m also soaking some freebies from seedheaven sssdh x (g-13 x hashplant) x chitral sounds like a party anyway.

10 Likes

Quick update:
All Uncle Festors Skunkbud #18 6 beans, soaked 1 day, all tailed and are in cups with medium.
The Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain 4 tailed and cupped, 2 still soaking.
ON Haze 5 beans tailed, 5 cupped.
The sssdh x (g-13 x hp) x chitral 1 tailed, 5 soaking.

4 Likes

Nice harvest and that super glue haze sounds pretty good. Guessing thats a pretty big plant.

2 Likes

Hey Dank-D, it was taller and lanky, if you will. It would much better to top, her a few times, then flower her out. That is what I’ll do with the clones of her. I’m getting over letting them be what they will be as it gets to be a hassle getting in and out of the tents for maintenance, fertilizing, cleaning, wiping walls down with clorox, floor sucking that shit.
Just not very good planning on my part to be honest.
I did a clone swap to day, I gave out, salmon river, Skunk96, and a sweet Herifields that is dripping in diamonds in flower now.
I got 3 Honey Badger Haze’s, a cut of each of the 3 different pheno’s I gifted to a new garden, as a welcome to our circle gift, per se.
That was about 5 years ago, so I hope he still has the only cat pissy pheno I found, out of the 3 packets of beans I waded through, over a couple of years,searching for keepers.
The ones I kept I passed around, 2 show massive colas then all lollipops, 1 was cat pissy but floppy like a noodle, 1 short and squat with rock hard nuggets, this one would sneak up and bang you like being hit by a 2x4!
I love Professor P’s/Dynasty work man!
Anyway I was thrilled to know they were loved for so long, and they found their way home. Beautiful healthy plants to boot.

3 Likes

Well, just a quick update in my tent village.
1 Pine Tar Gush, 1 LVTK x Long Bottom Fighter, 1 HillBilly fighter x LBF did the hermihoedown.
Sucks and all, but part of the game.
The ADH Australian Dead Head, 3 Headed Dragon x LBF and a Salmon River I put in flower at the same time, are doing well.
New beans a poppin, Authentics Genetics, ON Haze (4/20 drop) , Zanzibars Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain a Escobar tribute, The Nature Farm, Uncle Festor Skunk Bud 18 , Seed Heaven sssdh x (g-13 x hashplant) x Chitral
Since I was feeling like a whiny bitch when I pulled the hhd’s I forgot to take a few snaps.
I’m teaching myself to fiber glass, as I’ve said before I’m a tinkering fool. I figure if I fail enough, sooner of later I’ll get it right.
It is kind of fun, except getting these wee shards of glass in your skin…and the 15 minutes to use the resin can be a challenge for an old guy, in tight places and keeping the fiber in place, and to keep your resiney fingers from sticking to EVERYTHING!
Yeah, I’ll be barking mad before this over.

3 Likes

WOW that fall feeling is really in the air around here! I went for a early evening ride last night, and had to swing back home to put a heavier long sleeve shirt on. AND Damn when I went outside this morning around 6:30 I would need to put on the Gator Skins to go for a ride, as it was really chilly out, then in the air??? Enough babble.
I pulled a Herifields and a Salmon River from the f-tent. Herifields from Sannies, Salmon River from Dynasty at Sannies. I’m not really impressed with the Herifields germ rates, I feel a few of his offerings are very stingy with germ rates. His prices are usually pretty good so I dont bitch about it,(liar, here I am doing that!) but do not like it either.

In the F-tent the Australian Deadhead, is just showing her buds, as is the Three Headed Dragon, I also put a Herifields and Salmon River, and Queen Bee from cuttings that are showing nice early buds.
The Nursery has a lot going on in a tiny space.

Lots need up potted today. I also got a shop run to do today or tomorrow, gather up all my winter supplies for medium, and mix up the next batch so it can rest for a month or more before use.
I wish you all well, and happy growing!!

4 Likes