My Water Culture

Looks like it found third gear .

2 Likes

Secretly bulking up the roots! They look amazing! That’s the best part about the water culture, I can check on the roots at any time.

3 Likes

meat breath, flc-bx1, seedlings are sensi, c99 and another sensi. I think I’ll complete the sexing today, but the c99 showed on the 5th node. I went and re-counted. So now I’ll hack off a branch and make my prediction.

all meat breath there.

bigbudx3 and harlequin!

3 Likes

my prediction for the seedlings:
2 male sensi and one female c99. They were just tiny bumps on the stem, but we’ll see how I did sexing them! I wonder if it’s node based or time based? Good question!

1 Like

Finally caught up! Really nice set up and super interesting thread. You don’t flush your plants do you?

1 Like

Naw, I just let them run out of nutrient at the end, as in, I don’t give them additional ferts in the last two weeks, I let the plant deplete it. This thread is over a year old and near 2000 posts!!!

3 Likes

Seeing your giant trees makes me want to try dwc next time I can grow.

1 Like

Maybe you need a new one to go along with your new setup. :grin::wink:

1 Like

Are those neoprene pucks you use to hold your plants in place?

1 Like

hey, it’s definitely a perfect time to start over! Those plants just started bloom. I’ll write down all the important details from the start of the bloom, as well as my predictions for the sex.

1 Like

yah the large plants have 3.5 inchers and the clones are in small ones. The neoprene actually just blocks the light and performs no real additional function but it can support the plant when it’s small. I hang the plants from the ceiling using a string and pipe cleaner.

1 Like

I’ll continue my adventures in water culture over there.

3 Likes

wish i had that protocole before i brought in the aphids

1 Like

I use BTK on the aphids outside it mummifies them. Of course they can always be washed off with a protocol 0, I think aphids might be the easiest to kill.

google search results got me curious lolll ehat is BTK

1 Like

bascillus thurengesis
It’s an organism that contains toxic proteins, that are not toxic to humans or other animals. Yah I bet you got many links to dennis rader the BTK killer.
They call it “caterpillar killer” in the USA.

1 Like

yeah i was like ok aphid serial killer ???

1 Like

i just diped my toes for the first time today, been curious about hydro for awhile
so if she survives or he ,i might start to play with hydro indoors and keep living soil outdoors

kratky method with advanced nutrient ph perfect micro,grow,bloom in a coffee can 2.5Liters

2 Likes

Make sure no light can penetrate the coffee can, or else algae will start to grow. I ran a successful crop with ph perfect in dwc before; it works!

yeah i had my concern about this but i have no paint or did i test to see how opaque the container is
but it was what i had in hand i cutted a Rapid roter plug in two and sandwiched a rooted clone in it,