MysteryMoogs new grow thread

Haha mine as well be a heater…lmao

The LED ballast runs allot hotter than the HPS which I found odd.

Anyways, I did not get a damn thing done yesterday…went to start and got company.

Hopefully get the ballasts moved out today. :+1:

1 Like

and if you are dimming those LEDs the driver will be hotter

Take a 400 watt HPS ballast and a 1000 HPS ballast dimmed to 400 watts

you will be shocked on the heat difference between the two

the 1000 watt ballast dimmed is still a 1000 ballast with all the overhead

I have run them side by side and was blown away about the heat

difference

Dequilo

4 Likes

I know dimmed down they run hotter, they have to use the extra juice somewhere, so it’s converted to heat…lol. I was kinda surprised the LED driver, not dimmed, runs many times hotter than the HPS. BUT, the HID ballast is fan cold, the LED driver obviously has no fan…so may not be a fair comparison.

Either way, they must be removed from my flowering room…lmao. I’m not sure why the hell I ever mounted them inside the room to begin with…hahaha

call it a growing experience :wink:

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

Live and learn…haha.

1 Like

good stuff here, moog, keep it coming. love the new light, good luck with it!

1 Like

@Cartwright thank you for the kind words. :+1:

@ClosetCartelGenetics where can I find the movie John Malkevich?

“Being John Malkovich” is currently on Netflix as well as the usual torrent sites. If you haven’t seen it I do recommend it

2 Likes

Thank you @monkeyman :+1: we don’t use Netflix so I’ll have to go dig it up :+1:

My mh ballast sits outside the tent when im using it otherwise im trying leds for the time being
Peace out and stay safe

1 Like

Yes i used mh for my reef tank had 1600 watts on a 200 gallon set up kicked ass grew awsome corals had accouple of blue leds also made the flouresence way cool so i just use them to grow now picked up a cheap led to see thevdifference there is not muchb differencebin heat between the led andvthe mh except for the extra heat coming off the mh lamp

2 Likes

Well of course I’m side tracked again. Building the 3 light post going above the table. Going to be running the COBS.

4 Likes

I present to you, the ice method of color changing a plant.

1 Like

2 Likes

I chose a rather straggly one to kick it off with.

3 Likes

2 Likes

don’t mind the burn. Got about 115 degrees one day a bit back.

2 Likes

3 Likes