Nagano Gold info request

Was looking through a thread on here about old seed bank catalogues and came across a strain that the description had caught my eye back in the day when reading it. Up until i reread that old catalogue I had completely forgotten about it since I’ve never heard it mentioned anywhere besides there. Upon trying to search for more info on here there were no results and when i tried google i found limited info and then it just tries to give me articles about the Nagano Olympics. Has anyone on here ever worked with it and have any pics/info? Or can you please point me in the correct direction to find more info on what strains or landraces were used in its makeup.

4 Likes

My first thoughts is it’s a guerilla gold cross :thinking:

3 Likes

In my search Vancouver seed bank carries one called Kodiak Gold but i think they are different than Vancouver Island seed company.

2 Likes

I remember when this was released, I think it was Marc Emery. There was a scandal with a skier testing positive for cannabis and losing their medal. I remember the ad in the back of a cannabis magazine, could have been the old VSB.

7 Likes

Vancouver Island seed company has a seed finder page with about 20 lines(*correction, 41 lines) , some of them have the lineage listed.

I thought maybe it would be possible to guess what made this cross but seems visc used a wide variety of breeding stock… Burmese, viet black, time warp,blueberry, romulan etc

Could be anything lol

Seems visc was formerly called marijuana addict seeds :thinking:

4 Likes

that´s right,i remember that Olympic Story too…and i also know NagGold from the Mark Emery Seed-List in the back of the german edition of Cannabis Cultere Mag

5 Likes

was after this one for a long time many years ago, never was able to acquire it. yup the story was the same as being told here.

flash back for-sure …

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic reminds me of another old strain, Ben Johnson. I think it was a fast Canadian outdoor strain named after the athlete, wasn’t around long. I think he got busted for steroids.

1 Like