Naptown’s Winter 2x4 Tent Fun, 400w LED, Multi Strain, Hazeman Seeds, Romulan Genetics, Brothers Grimm, Fleur du Mal, @Budderton’s Affie F2

OK so I slacked off on my last grow journal and am going to hit this one full force. Last harvest is done and the new seeds have been germinated and are in their pots waiting to break through to the super bright box above. Here are this run’s details.

Strains, 3 seeds of each planted so far, will run 6-8 final plants
-Hazeman Seeds, Elephant Stomper, Purple Elephant Cut x (Grape Stomper x Aloha White Widow)
-Romulan Genetics, Communion, Fem, (Grape Stomper x Durban Poison) x Romulan
-Brothers Grimm, SpaceQueen XX, Romulan xC99
-Fleur du Mal, Sweet Tooth #4, with @Baudelaire description on this strain was irrestiable
-SFV OG from Cali Connection, my wife gets one SFV in exchange for my right to do this and this is the best Fem version I could find… price of marriage haha
-And from @Budderton I added the LA Affie #9 and #11 x Afghan Hash Plant to the mix, they’re a day behind but should be in the coco tomorrow.

Germination
Soak seeds in water for an hour or so, wet paper towel, place towel in Tupperware, put seeds between towel and fold over, place on top of LED light for 24 hours, 100% germination rate so far on all beans, Budderton’s beans TBD but I expect the same.

Environment
2 x 4 x 5 Spider Farmer Tent
2x 200w LED Panels from Vivosun, the VS2000
6” Vivosun Filter with their 4” variable speed fan
Also using a 4” AC Infinity duct booster for intake and to help balance negative pressure
The plants sit on a pvc platform to facilitate cleaning and an automated watering system. Whether or not I use the system this run is up in the air. With so may strains sometimes it’s easier to just hand water but a lot more work. The trade off of being obsessed with variety lol.

Growing in Cyco Platinum Series coco with 50L hydroton mixed in per block.

I use 4” pots for starting, once I identify the keepers they’ll go to 8” 1 gallon FloraFlex pots with watering caps. Love this new FloraFlex gear, excited to get to use it.

Using FloraFlex nutrients at 70% strength, the full Full Tilt program. Was really happy with this after last run. I used to use a dozenish bottled nutes and now its 3 parts at most, very easy and great results.

Some of these strains grow large so the plan is to veg to roughly 12” or so and then flip. I like to grow with lots of tops to maximize yield so the plants are pruned heavily and we’ll get them branchy, I use a trellis net but its not really a SCROG. The FloraFlex pots don’t really accept stakes so this will act to replace those where needed. I run a 23/1 for the first 2-3 weeks and then flip to 18/6 for a week to induce preflowers and then switch to 12/12.

Really excited for this run! Next update as soon as the beans start to break ground.

28 Likes

Sounds like a killer group of genetics! Good luck on the grow :+1:

3 Likes

You have my attention. :smiley:

4 Likes

Right on @Naptown916 . Looks like your set up for great things! I’ll be subbed in for the ride! Happy hunting!:grin::v:

3 Likes

First 12 seeds are in the ground and rockin. 3 have broken through, 2 Elephant Stomper and 1 Communion. Expect the rest by tomorrow.

2 of the 6 Budderton beans have sprouted, both the LA Affie 9 cross. A couple don’t look like they’ll sprout but we’ll plant what the good lord gives us. Fingers crossed

4 Likes

Dirt_Wizard reporting for duty, looking forward to seeing your two Grape Stomper cousins have a grow-off, and I like your selection of breeders. And when it comes to the SFV, that’s the price of entry I guess, nice that your lady asked for something that you won’t have to feel bad about growing! I have some of those @Budderton Affies that I need to get to sometime, I almost included them in the indica selection for my current seedlings but I went kinda blue/purple instead.

I agree with the auto watering system, I’ve had the parts for a simple DIY one with halo drippers from my local grow store for six months or more and still haven’t assembled them yet, even though I’m flowering the correct number of plants right now. I like to move and turn my plants so I’ve been loathe to fix them in place again after switching from a net to stakes, but I might go ahead and do it this time so I can go on trips without asking my partner to water for me. IDK its a trade off either way and part of why I picked halos is that it seemed easy to pluck them out and off the trunk to move plants if I had to, but I’ve also considered putting screw connectors inline on the tubing for each halo to make them detachable.

Good luck with your grow, I am interested to see the floraflex system work, it seems like a very well designed system and company overall.

4 Likes

Yeah I hear that, I love watering and having that interaction and control over the plants but a chore is a chore sometimes.

I’ve run the Elephant Stomper before it’s a real treat. Hoping the same for the Communion.

Thanks for stopping in! :v:

2 Likes

So we got sprouts. All of the initial 12 came up except 1 SFV and 1 Communion. On the @Budderton beans only got 2 sprouts unfortunately, both the LA 9 variety so we’ll see if we get a winner to keep. I’m doing a kush run next batch so we’ll try again with these and see.

I need some solid ladies so I added three Space Queen XX to make sure we hit numbers with quality plants.

Was able to pull a little over 12 o last go. Really hoping to hit the full unit this time with more frequent watering and the additional light. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.

Some baby pics. Also I’ll post my step by step coco process later. Really simplifies what was a difficult process.

7 Likes

So I thought I would throw this up. I love making my own coco both because it saves money and I get more per batch/bag but I used to hate the hassle. Draining tubs the mess, it’s not fun. So one day I got tired of following the directions and came up with a simpler one tub way with no need to drain. Here ya go.

You’ll need a 27 gallon tote, coco brick, rubber mallet, a putty knife and 5 gallons distilled water, mycos are optional.

You need a quality pre washed coco for this. I never wash additionally and never have issues.

Pour 2 gallons on the center of the brick and turn it on the thin side and start breaking it apart. It’s very easy to work it from the thin side. The face of the brick is like beating a wall.

Once it’s all broken up, spread evenly across the container, add mycos and any amendments, I use hydroton and then add 2 more gallons of water evenly across the coco trying to at least get some water on each area.

At this point I’d put some gloves on, pull up your sleeves, and reach to the bottom of the container and gradually pull the coco from the bottom to the top to mix it, breaking up dry chunks as you go. You can add the final gallon as you go if you need to. No need to add any more than 5 gallons. As you rotate the coco the dry coco will blend with the wet and the moisture will travel through evenly. No water will pool at the bottom and you should have a nice even tub ready to go. Whole prices usually takes less than 30 minutes.

5 Likes

Plants are chugging right along. I have started feeding all them but the SpaceQueen, roughly 700-800 ppm strength right now, just the A and B parts no additional supplements yet. Everyone seems happy.

I’m also chilling with my homie this weekend, he’s a master hasher, never seen so much squishing in my life, kilos and kilos of fresh frozen live rosin, I’ll try to steal some pics, it’s crazy if you’re into extracts.

9 Likes

Gotta love some live rosin :fire:

14 Likes

Day 14

Veg is coming along nicely. Strong growth every day. Nutes are going very low strength I’ll beef up next week. Mycos added every weekend direct to the coco, Great White Shark. I’ve also introduced silica. I add it every other feeding at a very low concentration. I’ll do the first top in the next day or so. After that I’ll keep topping until I have 6-10 tops per plant. This is key to pushing the full lb harvest. I try to focus on creating as many bud sites as possible which is easier the more branches you have. Smaller 1g buds not huge colas. 10-14 days more of veg and then I’ll flip. Probably transplant to the 1 gallon containers next weekend.

Threw in a couple pics from the last harvest.

Banana Kandy Crush

Blue OG, straight blueberry Hash, I have a new blueberry obsession after this strain.

The babies

Elephant Stomper

Space Queen, Sweet Tooth

Communion, SFV OG

@Budderton LA Affie 9 & 11 cross

11 Likes

I stay here looking at your plants…
A greeting and good luck

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by :v:

2 Likes

Right on @Naptown916 ! Best of luck with the Affies. I hope they turn out good for you. Is that SFV OG from 707 seeds?

2 Likes

@budderton No this is the Cali Connection one. My wife loves SFV theirs is reversed from an IBL I’ve found it to be the most consistent and similar to the SFV I got in Cali. I’ve grown Moscas crosses, theirs are good. I wish I could get their SFV version.

4 Likes

Cool. I was just wondering because I’m gearing up for a small seed increase on the SFV BX3, from 707. I like the way the females came out on that one. Best of luck with your SFV OG @Naptown916 . :crossed_fingers::v::canada:

4 Likes

@Budderton Oh that’s nice I’d like a reg version vs running these fems. Cali and Mosca are just the only two that I’ve been able to find with reliable seeds. wanna share lol

4 Likes

For sure man. Should be done in about 3 months. One male onto 2 different females. Keep an eye on my Tomfoolery thread and when you see me post they are done, shoot me a DM to remind me.:grin::v:

4 Likes

Day 24 since germination, transplant day

Moved the plants to their 1 gallon containers today. Was a little tricky had to crack out a heater to warm my coco. -10 where I am right now and I left it in the garage. Also had to work in the kitchen was just too damn cold out. Got them in these fancy FloraFlex pots. Really like them. The pots are nice quality I like the mesh bottoms and the caps distribute the water perfectly.

Plants are doing well. Most are about 5+ nodes, staying compact. I expect a little more stretching now that they have bigger pots and I have backed the light to 18/6 to start preflowering. 1 Sweet Tooth was showing male so I pulled it. Also pulled a weaker Space Queen and Communion. All of the ones left look like desirable plants so just waiting to see which ones are female and select the best 6-8.

Elephant Stomper, SFV OG and @Budderton Affie Mix looking like the better plants. I’ll definitely keep the remaining Communion and hopefully the last Sweet Tooth is a lady.

Current Plant Count

Elephant Stomper x3
LA Affie Mix x 3
SFV OG x2
Space Queen x1
Communion x 1
Sweet Tooth x1

Pretransplant

Post Transplant

Roots

Odd Communion Plant

Male Sweet Tooth