Nasty pests - help identify

Hi guys, I start growing about 3 weeks ago, I found some pests on the leaves: they are little tiny black dots that walk and stay under the leaves. What can I do about it??

1 Like

Could be spider mites… They are usually white or semi-transparent, but can also have black dots.

Can you use magnifying glass to compare with following article?

2 Likes

I’ll try to see if the match, but they seem like those ones. Do I have to kill them with my hands??

Looks like the 2-spot mite to me! Hit them with either a neem oil spray or some insecticidal soap ru you still in veg?

3 Likes

Yeah I’m still in veg. Tomorrow I’ll buy it and spary it a bit all over the plant. Are they harmfull?

2 Likes

Can be if left unchecked. Use some insecticidal soap with fatty acids to kill off adults. Repeat every 3 days for 1-2 weeks or until problem is gone. Spray it down, leave for 5-10m, then gently wipe off each leaf with a cloth or sponge.

Neem oil gives your leaves a protective coating which is also toxic to many pests, and many have used it with great results.

There are more drastic options but try the above first.

Also, I’ve found low temps and high humidity cause mite populations to plummet, so you may consider adjusting your environment to make it uncomfortable for them.

Diatomaceous earth around the base of your plants and anywhere really in your grow works well. I make a perimeter around my entire grow with it, it’s a pseudo barb wire fence for pests.

4 Likes

Is not a matter of harmful (they are) is you need to strike them early and often.
Find the mix you like (SNS 209) and foliar the f* out of them and find a systemic
to add to your watering routine…

Spotted leaves all have to go as they are starting points.

2 Likes

Yes I should add that badly damaged leaves should be pruned, of course being careful not to shake the pests off on other parts of your plant.

Some would advise against this, but it’s best to completely remove the problem areas and not take the chance in my opinion.

1 Like

Okay guys thank you very much!!! Soooooo helpful this blog, really the best in the world!
Tomorrow I’ll buy pesticide with fatty acid to kill and neem oil to prevent. Alredy cutted damaged leaves. I’ll tell you how’s is proceding in the next days. Thanks again!!!

3 Likes

I edited your title for anyone that tries to search for problems n pests like yours.

2 Likes

No worries welcome to OG! Be sure to keep us updated as time goes on!

2 Likes

The faq forum is great help and it’s searchable with keywords which is awesome. Found this on spider mites which my help or you can check other topics if this doesn’t help. Happy growing :call_me_hand:

1 Like