Neam meal and karanja meal?

would their be any benefits mixing neam meal and karanja meal 50/5o added to soil over just using neem meal or karanja meal by it self.

4 Likes

Yes, Clackamas Coots has been suggesting a 50/50 mix lately. Not for the meal and the oils.

2 Likes

I use both in meal form supposedly the work synergistically with each other. I thought this was cool about mosquito control.

Abstract
This study presents larvicidal effect of neem (Azadirachta indica) and karanja (Pongamia glabra) oil encapsulated calcium alginate beads (individuals and combination) against mosquito species (Aedes aegypti). Studies were conducted by combining these two oils with and without converting into alginate based encapsulation formulation. Combination (30% neem oil and 70% karanja oil) was found to be more effective then any other combination. The combination of neem and karanja oil recorded an LC50 of 3.1 g/l against A. aegypti. Mortality also increases in terms of concentration of active ingredients (20-77%) after 48 h. FTIR studies indicate that there is no chemical interaction between oils or oil and polymer.

Encapsulation of neem and karanja oil mixture for synergistic… Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283763967_Encapsulation_of_neem_and_karanja_oil_mixture_for_synergistic_as_well_as_larvicidal_activity_for_mosquito_control [accessed Apr 21 2018].

5 Likes

Diddo of what @ReikoX said! I’m a big follower of Coot! Just haven’t gotten my hands on any of karanja meal yet!

Thanks for sharing @ryasco!

1 Like

thank for the info on neam and karijan