Neb's 1st Grow Log

for my cloner, I scratch and scar the entire stem that’ll show below the neoprene puck, then dip in in rooting hormone powder, and this is place into a 2" net pot that is filled with perlite and suspended above the water line. So far it’s worked like a charm; not sure if the medium as a buffer is the saving grace as the first time I used the pucks without a medium buffer I had a lot of failures. I also don’t dome the clones but keep em in a propagation tent near 25 with the water around 22 and the air is pulled from outside this tent. They get sprayed in the morn and in the evening… or more often if there are other things in the tent with them… like now :laughing:

1 Like

FastAstonishingFlies-max-1mb

2 Likes

Air stones for those clones and you wont need to spray/mist. And like Pigeonman said that white slime is not roots growing. I would toss any with that slime, change out the water and clean the tub.

4 Likes

I would get a tiny slice from the stalk and look under the microscope to see WTF that is. To me, it doesn’t look completely abnormal, but it DOES look like “something” aka water creatures were chewing on your clones stalk. Does look like it’s gonna root though.

2 Likes

i am using 2 big air stones and 1 small one almost a full pump dedicated to the cloner lol.

2 Likes

i should have a bunch of temp/humidity sensors coming in on Tuesday. just gonna chill out till then ill worry about getting my clones all fixed up when I at least know what the environment is like :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

plants in my tent are so insanely bushy I think I can afford to kill 100 more clones

5 Likes

You should take a few cuts again for the cloner and maybe consider trying some alternative methods as well. Using a dome should increase the success rate with the bubble cloner. I’ve successfully rooted clones in rockwool, coco, soil, jiffy pellets, mini hempys, bubble cloners, aerocloners, and just plain water.

4 Likes

I was just looking at Jingleots thread Jinglepot’s Grow Adventures
and it looks like he has the same cloner as you. He is getting really good results. If your interested he has clone and cloner pics at post 109 in the thread. :smiley:

6 Likes

Im thinking issues with clones could be coming down to heat. Some humidity and temp sensors came in today. Its looking like the clones are dealing with about 27-28c and 62% humidity when using a dome thats misted. Nice thing about these sensors is they print out a graph for me over different time periods. Its hot as balls outside right now in ontario so I don’t know how long the temps have been this high.

2 Likes

Way too fking hot in the basement today. I need to find a stronger ac unit for down here asap. its been about 28c down here most of the day.

The dehumidifiers + it just being hot as hell outside this week is really warming things up down here.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. It’s 23c in mine. I’m feeling lucky that I have a sub basement that i can pull some slightly cooler air from.

Are you able to vent your dehumidifiers outdoors?

1 Like

Well they are just like standard dehumidifiers with no ducting for venting outdoors but I could probably rig something up

2 Likes

I’ve seen images of people rigging custom boxes around the exhaust, with it funneling to standard 4" ducting. I’m seriously considering this as well until the winter where the extra heat is a bonus!

2 Likes

So far out of the 8 plants there seems to maybe be 3 phenotypes. This plant is getting huge and has stretched way more than the others. On the exact opposite side of the tent I have a little runt. The other 6 are growing very similarly.

6 Likes

This is the smallest one of the group I don’t know if it some how got stunted or if it’s a genetics thing.

5 Likes

Caved in and picked up this 10,000 BTU unit up used for $100. It’s been just under 30c in the basement the last few days.

6 Likes

Going to be a hell of a time figuring out my ac needs once all my rooms are operational :sweat_smile:

I want to put a window AC in my sealed flower room. I could put it on an interior wall but then id be heating up my veg area. The sealed room does have a window that I could fit a AC unit in but it is ground level. Id imagine a ground level ac window unit is asking for trouble but out of curiosity has anyone done this?

2 Likes

Probably going to scrap this batch of clones but I’ll just let them be and see what happens until I’m ready to take more cuttings.

7 Likes

Could use some advice here from people who have ran sealed grow rooms before.

Dimensions are roughly 7x10x6.

Ill have 2 of these 720w LED lights

and likely a dehumidifier will be the only other heat producer in the room.

Right now its basically as hot as its going to get outside where I live. With one of those lights at 25% power the room is averaging 30c. This is without any added dehumidifier heat.

Given that info can anyone recommend what BTU window ac I should be looking for?

I think eventually ill upgrade to a minisplit but id like to get by with a window ac for a while.

1 Like