Neb's 1st Grow Log

Suggested maths: " To calculate the size, simply multiply the length times the width of the room or area to be cooled . Then, as a practical number, multiply that total times 25 BTU."

I’d then get the next size up because OCD + problems = Overdoing it most of the time!

1 Like

@Pigeonman :thinking: never heard of calculating it that way before. I usually go with total watts x 3 btu. @Neb you should be good with an 8000 btu at the very minimum. If anyone else could give some advice too, it would be appreciated. I’ve only ever done a sealed with 1k bulb and 5000btu window unit.

1 Like

This maths was suggested based on residential room AC measurements. Which is why I suggested adding some headroom.

My worry about the wattage maths is that LED’s have a dramatically different heat level than say HMI or HID’s. That and some LED fixtures like my MH TSL2000’s have drivers that you can remove and isolate from the tent/room to lower the heat output.

I have a 12000 btu unit sitting in the garage would it be overkill to use that? im thinking it would just not be running as often. Keep in mind i have to take care of the heat its going to generate in my basement.

1 Like

If you can fit it in the window down there I say do it up bro! :grinning:

If you want to make that one an aerocloner I can send you some spare sprayers, you would just need a small pump and some pvc.

1 Like

Well I was thinking of not even using the window in the sealed room and doing something more like this.

The exhaust end of the ac unit would be in my veg area. I think a setup like this would this would help pull hot air out of there also.

1 Like

I’m too stubborn to give up on my cloner this soon! Ill get that bastard working haha

3 Likes

This is day 12 of flower. I’m not sure what to do with this tall fucker. I’m pretty sure it’s grown too close to my lights

Im guessing this tall one is leaning alot more towards the OG Kush genetics. From what i read Bubba Kush tends to be shorter.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Got the light up another few inches praying this girl is done stretching lol

9 Likes

Break that tall one to the side, it will be fine!!!

1 Like

A clone I’m growing decided to grow tall like an asshole. So I did some stem stressing and flexing until I could loop it’s head back down to the top of it’s pot like a hoop. It’s pissed off but that’s it’s own fault for being the asshole in the first place.

Moral: Bend your asshole*. (*yes.)

Edit: BEND YOUR ASSHOLE:

5 Likes

There is so much plant everywhere underneath lol was hoping not to shade out some buds doing the bend

2 Likes

@Neb youre knocking this outta the park! IMO you can remove most everything under the canopy. Think lolipop or 1/3rd. No light no buds or larfy at best. Great job

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Im pretty happy with how things have been progressing so far. I think I may have a small caterpillar or earwig casually munching a leaf here and there but i have lots to spare lol!

My biggest concern moving forward is mold! The tent got alot more full than i had pictured when i started. 3rd week of flower im going to try removing 1/3 of the lower stuff and try again on my clones!

2 Likes

Haha. Yah I think we joked about defol earlier but it will allow more ventilation as well and let them concentrate on Colas!

2 Likes

about 3/4 of the plants had this really heavy side branching right off the start without any training

3 Likes

Nebs jungle safari!!!

2 Likes

Supercrop those that look like they will be too tall

2 Likes