Need advice & feedback on Grow Tents

I’m currently working on the setup and what all I’ll need to get a grow tent like a 3×3 or 2×4 and I’m gonna hqve to get EVERYTHING for a tent because I’ve been using my phototron I’m keeping for quality over quantity grows or if I am doing a seed run within the next year I’ll have a place to keep high end medicine growing for my Dad and his Alzheimer’s so I am just looking for feedback on tents like brands to stay away from or whatever information is welcome :pray:t2: and I don’t have enough room for anything bigger than a 3×3 and I am really curious about what you all recommend whole tent kit or buy tent and get light, filter, etc separately…don’t have a huge budget and even considering making one lol

7 Likes

I don’t have experience with grow tents but I did a search on Amazon…maybe some people can chime in on these tents…

2 Likes

I am new to indoor growing on my first grow and I am happy with my AC Infinity Tent. My advice to you would be to avoid buying any Grow Kits. Look for deals and coupon codes and you can save 40% or more on the price of a tent and lights.

6 Likes

Kits are junk. Might be one good item and the rest is crap. Tailor your “kit” to your research / needs. i.e. carbon filter, fan, ducts, light, tent. Thats the basics in a kit. Add in timers / controllers of your choice. Building your own will suit you better, but you can use their kit as a guideline. Many kits contain crappy fans, so beware. You DO get what you pay for (I prefer a metal exhaust fan, the cheap plastic ones in a kit always fail in no time).

Mars Hydro gets a lot of flack but their lights are decent for the budget, and their tents aren’t half bad either. Opulent tents are kinda nice too. Anything that looks “rebranded” like “America’s Choice” tents? Steer clear of, definitely lower quality and while it may last a grow or two, issues will arise.

Haven’t used AC Infinity or Gorilla, but both of them look beastly and will last you for a while…

6 Likes

Buy the best you can afford, even if searching through social media classifieds if you have to. You can usually find local gear from those who found they have a black thumb and gave up on it.

5 Likes

Don’t get a kit. You can do better for the money with a little leg work in most cases.

I have a 2x4 Mars and I like it. It’s pretty old now and no complaints.

2 Likes

I have ac infinity fans and carbon filters. I recommend them.
I recently got an opulent 2x4 tent on Amazon and it’s actually really nice and well built.

Got this light for it and it seems good quality and has a dimmer which is great. I just keep my mothers in it.

I can’t speak to the 2.8umols/j efficacy, but I did use my killawatt meter and on full blast it’s pulling 324watts from the wall. I’m pretty impressed with it.

For under 500 bucks you can get a pretty good setup.

1 Like

If you have no idea what to buy, the AC INFINITY kits are actually quality and well priced in bundle.

Other kits are just cheap stuff put together that youll end up replacing half of it within a year.

For example, this 2x4 includes 200w light (lm301b), semi automation, inline fan, circulating fan, carbon filter, and tent for 600 dollars.

Otherwise, it is much better to look for the stuff separately, but you need to do the research on each item.

2 Likes

Lots of choices out there, avoid a kit like others have said. Scout out deals, can find lots on amazon if your not in a rush.

I bought vivosun tents and an IPower 3x3
My vivosun tents are better constructed, thicker material and have held up.

There are better ones, like Gorilla tents I think is the name.

For cheap they are working great.
I would buy these over IPower.

For a lamp theres alot of options.
If your in a 2x4 look at the mars sp3000.
Its perfect for a 2x4 - migro on youtube did the ppdf test in a 2x4 and its basically full 1000+ across the entire canopy.
I Havent flowered under mine yet, it’s my veg space and I run it at like 50%. Love it.

For ventilation, again vivosun is okay.
I have found several of their ventilation kits on sale on occasion and bought them.
6inch carbon filter, 6 inch fan, plus ducting for $100 CAD. The filters alone when not on sale at 60 to 70, so an extra 30bucks for a backup fan for me was a bo brainer.

I’ve done this a few times and have given the fans away to friends.

Best of luck to you.
Bammer

I like all of the AC infinity stuff I have :+1:

2 Likes

Mammoth makes a decent tent and not overly pricy . As far as the rest of the items it’s best to shop around as others have stated packages usually aren’t the best deal plus you have to take what they offer and some stuff you might want to change up.

1 Like

I think it’s been well-covered that most of the kits are either overpriced or lacking in quality. Fact is, I haven’t seen any single company yet that does every grow kit component well.

I have 2x4 tents from both Gorilla Grow tents and AC Infinity. I don’t really have anything bad to say about either of them, just nitpicky things for each.

I have repeatedly gotten the zipper on my AC Infinity tent caught on the inside gusset, but was able to work it loose with no apparent damage each time. But, the AC Infinity tent was also super easy to put together.

The Gorilla tent velcro holding down the external zipper flaps only lasted like 1.5 grows before it mostly stopped sticking. There are some pin holes in both tents around stitching points, but this isn’t a problem since the room they’re in is really dark during lights out periods.

2 Likes

I am outta likes everyone and I appreciate all the feedback so far and it’s greatly appreciated and I’m looking at a gorilla tent that’s able to be extended in case some crazy stretch happened I can just raise it up instead of freaking out about the stretch and unfortunately I can’t put anything bigger than 2x4 3x3 so it’s better than only one plant at a time but I will continue with the Phototron for veg or at least be able to do rhe strain for my Dad in the phototron and the tent is my grow because I am trying to supply my Dad with medicine and I can grow up strains that work for him he’s got Alzheimer’s and pain management but I just harvested my second grow and it’s looking great day 3 of hanging thanks again OG community for continued input when needed :v:t2:the Doc

4 Likes

Word of advice on the gorilla tent…don’t go with the shorty version thinking you can add the extender later if needed. The extender is cool & functional & all, but the doors don’t get any taller, so it gets a bit awkward when you need to adjust lights or check the tops of plants when they significantly grow into the extender area. I thought I was being really slick in getting a little taller tent than the normal 2x4 by getting the shorty + the 2’ extension. In hindsight, I’d just get the normal gorilla 2x4 tent for the taller doors.

5 Likes

I have a couple gorilla tents and absolutely love them! I also have a 4x8 secret jardin DR240 which is also amazing quality. For cheap”ish” quality lights I like spider farmer personally, seen exceptional grows done with the sf4000 just my 2cents

2 Likes

I have two maxsisun tents. Cheap and good. Had one for almost two years now and just two little pin holes which I’m sure are my fault for shoving the tent door in a crack over and over when I open the tent.

I’ll echo the package deals suck!

1 Like

I have two Gorilla’s, a 3x3 original model and a 4x4 Lite Line. The Lite Line is about 4 seasons old and exterior velcro has failed and zippers allow light in as mentioned earlier. BUT… the zippers havent given me a single issue with catching. An issue i had with every tent prior.

The original is much heavier with better velcro and zippers, havent had any issues in two seasons. It has the 1’ extension and as said it can be a pita to adjust the light hangers while leaning in and over plants.

My local grow shop (HTG Supply) has an agrosomethingorother… that looks very heavy duty and i may try one in a 4x4 if and when the lite line fails.

I have never seen an AC Infinity tent, but that company looks to be up and coming with quality gear… i love my T6 inline and will be buying a second this summer.

I hung blackout curtains in front of the tents to prevent light leaks.

2 Likes

I have a grip of Spider Farmer SF2000 lights for my flower tent. The SF1000 is small, SF2000 is medium = two 1000s, SF4000 is large = four 1000s or two 2000s. I like being able to adjust height for different plant sizes in the same tent. I also like the disaster recovery option: if one dies, I can rearrange the others to cover until a replacement is obtained.

For tents, I bought my 4x8 from Amazon a couple years ago that I’m pleased with but don’t see that the brand is still offered. I went with a Vivosun for my 5x5 and it’s just OK. Honestly, every Vivosun product I’ve purchased seems “just OK”. I don’t get a warm fuzzy feeling that it will last.

1 Like

I have 2 Vivosun tents. Are they the best? Not by a long shot but they hold up pretty well for the price. That’s about the only Vivosun stuff I’ll take a chance on.

The 2x2 was a recent purchase where as my 4x4 is a few yrs old and there’s a clear quality difference. They definitely picked up their game and tbh the 2x2 is actually pretty good quality. I was going to splurge for an AC infinity tent but am honestly glad I didn’t. It’s almost double the price. It is a really nice tent but I just couldn’t justify it. If you have money to spend I would recommend the AC Infinity, especially if you plan to run one of there fans w the controller. If not, the Vivosun will be a good second option for a great price.

For vivosun, there tents are okay. I actually really like their fans though. Good price.

I’ve been running this multiples of these fans, different sizes for 2 years 24/7 with no problems.