Need help on making a decision on led grow lights and grow tents

Hey everyone its been a while im haveing some problems trying to pick the right led lights and tent and what ever else’s i will need to have a successful grow and harvest indoors new to indoor growing so any help would be very appropriated. I’ve been looking at some philzon led grow lights on Amazon its full spectrum 10w leds 60pc is this a good brand of light and is 600watts enough light from seed to harvest. Im looking at a grow tent its made by topolite its 48"×24"×60 are these Werth buying im on a fixed budget. Plus is century 7 day heavy duty time any good and what else would i need to be successful.

4 Likes

Uhh I wouldn’t suggest that grow light as such for one I’ve not used it never heard of the brand but it will do some kind of job just don’t expect miracles as it says 600W but what does it pull from the wall?

Cheap grow tents are fine as long as you don’t think the drip tray is actually waterproof because trust me they’re not. Trays are cheap though so no big deal.

You haven’t mentioned any kind of fan though depending on ambient temperature you’ve got in your space kind of depends what fan(s) you’ll need.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response what brands of led lights would you recommend and what watt would be good for the tent im looking at im in central Florida I’ve been growing outdoors for years but the Florida weather is just to crazy anymore i want to move my operation indoors so any info would really be appreciated

2 Likes

Check out @Baudelaire’s avatar which will have info on his sol-sheets and SolStrips etc, there’s a lot of people on Overgrow using these lights, myself included … excellent lighting and not too pricey either…
Diy or pre-built - what’s the price of the light your looking at .?
Plus you could ask someone to build you a few cob leds or build your own…
Maybe @anon58740919 could chime in and give you some more options etc .!
I re-read the top post and 600w of good led will/should do well.
Good luck with this … ok :+1:
Gaz

10 Likes

Definitely try to spend some time researching lights particularly for the LEDs. There is a lot of marketing phouey spread around by some manufacturers you’ll find on Amazon, et al. Having a good lighting setup pays off but unfortunately it’s difficult to cut through the clutter when looking around. This is one area where you don’t really don’t want to go ultra-inexpensive if you can (unless that is your end-goal) since “light” is one of the primary growth inputs.

If you have a budget in mind for lights, let us know and you’ll get some good thoughts on how to best maximize the bang for the buck. Also, are you DIY handy?

6 Likes

If Florida is hot and humid you will need perhaps an AC and a dehumidificator, what’s the humidity and temperature there? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ya you’ll definitely want a ventilation fan, and unless you don’t care about smell (it will REEK) then you’ll need a carbon scrubber too so I’d put those as high priority with the light.

Tents are nice but you can build a space with plywood, drywall, or even plastic if you have an area for it. Even just setting up a in a small room or closet is fine, the most important thing is that it has to be completely lightproof during the dark period.

Check out @toastyjakes thread on here, he grows with LED bulbs from Walmart or wherever and has great results. They work well if you only want something small and don’t need a ton of bud.

7 Likes

The temps and RH when I went there about 5 years ago in late July were horrendous, I dont know how people can keep there sanity in that climate lol. You will definitely need ac even with LEDs unless your house has it already.

We looked at house prices and properties, when we were there out of curiosity, one advert said, this house boasts a large gas fire place, for those chilly winter nights, when it gets to 60F LMFAO. Anything above 40F in Canada, is still Tshirt weather lol.

8 Likes

Hey man I’m new a new grower but check out my setup. I got the same size tent you are looking at with a 240w quantum board. My plants seem to love it and the only issue I’m having at the moment is controlling my temperature.

7 Likes

Hi the temp here is 98 and the feel like heat is 106 my house stays at 76.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your advice im soaking it all in im planing on growing in my closet its 10feet by 12feet with 8foot sealing i guess i will get a tent down the road right now i need lights the lights i was looking at was $85 for a 600w my budget is pay check to pay check i was looking to spend no more then $150 on leds if that possible. Im not sure what DIY ?? Is still learning the lingo i have air the humidity out side right now is 89% and the temp is 95 with feels like 106 fucken crazy. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi blu thanks for your feedback my question to is can you buy a quantum board already put together and how mutch do they cost and what web site can i buy them from. Wish you the best for your grow looks good kush is one of my favorites strains happy growing :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I got mine off of alibaba for 165 shipped. Got here in about a week. It comes assembled pretty much all I had to do was connect some wires and screw in the driver and the hooks for hanging.

3 Likes

Ok thank you man everyone’s been a real big help and those leds are in my price rang to :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Ok century timer is good
tent good (still dont blast walls or vents with light from outside in flower)
Phlizon light is ok but to really smash that box youll need more.the 4ft way is gonna suffer. These things purchased? Whats the Price of the light?

Youll need extraction fan good 4inch be ok.
Fan to blow across tent too.
Ph meter.ph up and down Put that on the list
without proper ph nothing else will matter.

What’s your plans for medium? (soil coco hyddo etc?) pot size etc .i find using preventative maintenance best for bugs. Google essential oils for garden bugs. Start early on empty room.
You should start a diary cause itll be more stuff to come. And it can all be in one spot. Easy to find for you and us.

4 Likes

Hi rooted thankyou for the info im still in research mode i haven’t bought anything yet im planing on growing in soil not sure on pot size yet. Theres a 240w led quantum board that blu on here told me about that im going to buy it in my budget rang i can only buy one think at a time i figured i would start with buying the light first then go from there

2 Likes

Yes qb will stomp that phlizon. Thats why i was asking the price you were looking at. . I thought youd have better options.
Phlizon works but its not on the level of qbs. Personally i like mixing different lights. Running qbs hps and cobs in same tent now. But yes that qb is a much better choice.

2 Likes

Those QBs are good but you should look at @toastyjakes thread or @TrevorLahey thread they use fixtures that cost roughly $60 to get going maybe a little more for extra fixtures or framing for them but they get great results.

2 Likes

How mutch did your bill go up with the qb if any i heard that the leds are way cheaper on the electric bill.

3 Likes

Well if it’s 240w you can look at your electricity bill to see the rate you pay per kWh (1000w per hour) and times it by 1/4 to get the cost per hour. Rates vary pretty widely around the country. It should only be like $20 a month or less though in most places.

1 Like