Need some advice regarding security

@2muchDank
I own the property where I am growing and have no children.
I think @MadScientist raises a valid concern regarding risk in a Gestapo state.
I have never grown legally, and have yet to be apprehended.:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

{sigh} i tried.

1 & 2 affect my advice. good luck.

:evergreen_tree:

Coming from someone behind enemy lines as well, I think you are not thinking. Putting plants outdoors in your own back yard with a grow going inside is a bad idea in a prohibited state. It’s hard enough to maintain security at an indoor grow and now you want to put stuff outside for anyone to happen to stumble upon them…way too many variables outdoors that cannot be controlled and I’m not talking environment. Especially with a baby on the way… I’d suggest rethinking and possibly just upgrading your indoor. I apologize if I sound rude but I don’t want to see anyone get busted.
Imagine if one of the elderly people wandered off and there was a search party looking for them, or the police just happen to be looking for someone that ran from them in the area… remember Murphy’s law and be safe please.

6 Likes

I’m seeing the fault in my thinking. Scrapping this idea.

6 Likes

The last thing that you think could happen…will happen. Keep your family safe first. Trust me from personal experience if they find something outside they will come inside. And the kind of states we live in aren’t forgiving to cultivators, again, personal experience. Go guerilla.

4 Likes

Build a little trellis and weave it with fake vines that that you can get at many hobby shops for decorative purposes I’m thinking of doing that if my viney plants ,cucumbers clematis … don’t do the job effectively tomato plants is another good one mentioned earlier I’ll take a pic and post what my plans are Tall fast growing annuals are an option also! I have cosmos and zinnias going on in this box it’s going to be filled with cover crop as well!

4 Likes

i mean no disrespect… but Dewb is referring to a whole different kind of animal… the low-down thieves that don’t mind killing… and privacy isn’t enough for those folks.

one way is to keep it small as possible.

in my situation, pre- legal-rec, there was still just too much weed & weed use in CA for me to worry,…safety in numbers, through obscurity, and be a small fish.

that and be ready to hand it all over to rippers or the govt.

waaay too much stress for me.

good thoughts to you all

4 Likes

Totally agree @cannabissequoia with ya I plan on only putting only 1 plant probably in each box an training it as low as possible so the profile is no more than 2 feet high packed full of greenery to the point it could be easily over looked! No 6-7’ tall bush for this grower!

2 Likes

…for my 1st outdoor medical garden i kept them trained low also.
8x16’ area, 2 “super-crop”-trained 30gal fabricpot, 3 natural-form 15gal fabricpot, about 4 lb. (a bit over my goal, perfect). i ended up pruning the 30gal plants several times, trying to maintain a flat canopy. the point was efficiency AND not having the stereotypical mendo-dope-style monster, while still using jorge’s-green-giants-of-cali as a basic recipe(200gal pot = 8-10lbs, so divided by 4 = 30gal, 2ish lbs).
beginners luck helped too. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes