Neville’s Diesel Clone

OG what are your opinions about this plant? It’s supposed to be the real Jack’s mom and the infamous SSH original cutting.
NL5HzC x SK1HzC
Is it real or worth going in with a few people to get? I’m thinking about possibly doing some breeding with it. I have some regular C5Hz bx3 from the Meridian Haze line that would go well with her I think. If anyone has some suggestions I would like to hear them.

https://cloneysoprano.com/product/nevilles-diesel/

11 Likes

Go for it and gives us a report.

Only read about this cutting and I am highly interested as to what Neville described as diesel, especially since I don’t think he smoked diesel / sour diesel prior to that?

Well without smelling it, I’m not sure what the term diesel represents in this case. You mention that Northern Lights is behind it and that will include the NL2 male. NL2 as a strain had quite fuelly smells, which to me represents kush (you must understand that this assumption comes from cross referencing kush strains, not hard facts). In any case, the NL2 will account for many types described as diesel. Even the NL5 hybrids would throw a % of fuel like smells, indicating some common ancestry with NL2. I would expect that further inbreeding to 5x2 would throw predominantly NL2 type smells, unless you selected away from this, it would quickly become fixed. Lemon diesel would be a good description of what I call Kush
N.

The owner of a seed co. in Amsterdam in the '90s was the first person I knew of who was using the name Diesel and THAT plant was NL5HzCxSK1HzC. What people have been calling Diesel since then, I don’t know anything about. If you want to know who that was, do your homework.

Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called “Jack Herer”. The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting, who knows what they are calling SSH.
In the '90s, a variety known as Diesel was making a name for itself. When I smoked it I knew instantly that this was exactly the same plant and they had a cutting. The early Diesel line of seeds would also have used this plant as a mother.
All 3 lines were made with different fathers at least and this was 20 years ago. One would assume that successive generations would all go in their own unique directions, presumably giving rise to any distinct differences today. The names have remained the same and all 3 lines gained their credibility from the exceptional qualities of the original cutting NL5HzC x SK1HzC.
N.

4 Likes

Tried some amazing homegrown NL and could def taste bits of sweet fuel.

Forgot the specifics on the heritage but I wanna say it was like a nl1 or nl2 line not the more common nl5. Had a fantastic buzz and the kinda buds where you could easily break up into a joint without a grinder or take a thumb into a bowl without breaking up and it would burn great.

2 Likes

The diesel cut that Nevil talks about(Nl5 x haze) is not the same diesel thing that runs in the States…

5 Likes

Heavy heavy doubt, but it’s possible :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I have seen people saying that thecup winning cut of ssh is out and being traded. It does seem that sometimes these old cuts do get out

2 Likes

That’s the issue. Nobody wants to spend that much money on something that isn’t guaranteed. The only way I could see it happening is if a few people went in together. Ideally someone would take in the cut and get it tested for disease before the breeding happens. Maybe he will have a sale someday. I found it at another place cheaper but it’s sold out…

1 Like

That’s from cloney too lol, just hosted by bike (who i hate)

1 Like

Clowny :clown_face: , this is the same guy that’s going around selling a few bogus cuts as legit. :rofl:

Pigtailgardens.com has the same cut at a fraction of the price. She has it under SSH as it should be, not some bullshit “Nevilles Diesel”.

2 Likes

which cuts have you identified as bogus?

That’s definitely a better option to buy from. It’s slightly cheaper and I don’t like to support price gouging clone dealers like cloney

2 Likes

It’s still cloney though, just on bike’s website

1 Like

I don’t think this one from Pigtail has anything to do with Bike?

1 Like

My mistake, I need to read better.

1 Like

i dunno … :thinking:
i was under the impression that nevil did indeed
bump into the terps but did not like them (!)

__

so, why would he keep a “keeper” around then? and even distribute it?
(so, people link him to smoke that he did not like or further select for?
it doesn’t work like that or makes sense this way, sorry …)

i would try it, of course … but not classify it as the “real
diesel” or more “original”, because this is what usually
is suggested/hinted at, when people claim “nevil”-stuff.)

please don’t forget that “fuel” can also come in different expressions.

f.e.
the “fuel” from soma’s crap has noff’n to do with the fule coming
from “east coast sour diesel” and those types ect :wink: people are
a factor here → to me someone read nevils “diesel”-comments
and went into business with a (no doubt) nice “fuely” haze cut, lol.

__

btw, the clone only jack herer from NL (this was not made in US!) was NOT
a diesel-plant at all, guys. it was a haze-hybrid and far away from the terps we
call “diesel” nowadays … that’s the tidbit that made my caveat emptor-lamp go
on in my head :grin:

9 Likes

It’s possible they attribute this to the kerosene?

2 Likes

Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting…

lol what? They won a cup with the cutting, but never had the cutting…this is why I don’t stress about strain history drama :joy:

2 Likes

I noticed that same thing.:joy:
Maybe they lost it right after? But that’s an old quote from Neville I think

1 Like

Lately, I find it more of a hobby than a thing to stress about. You will never get all the answers, but you can get some.

2 Likes

I talked about this in another thread but a mate of nevilles still has some work

I’d probably be mostly interested in the NL and haze. Amnesia, psychosis.

But I don’t know enough about it ey?

1 Like