New 2022 BioAg product line

I was just browsing the BioAg website thinking about what I need from my local grow store, and I noticed they’re about to come out with a new line of fertilizers that are based on amino peptide chains derived from soy protein hydrolysate and various amendments. Looks like they’re designed to be fully water soluble and sprayable, there’s nitrogen, calcium, boron, and multi-micro versions. I’ve had great luck with their products so far, anyone have any thoughts on this new line?

Full tech data is up on their page:
https://www.bioag.com/products-biostimulant-fertilizers/

4 Likes

1 Like

Looks like a new line of soluble silicon products too, but it’ll be hard to get me away from AgSil16:

3 Likes

The Bio Supersil sounds pretty good. Hopefully it’s not crazy expensive like the Mammoth Si. Been looking for a good lower cost silica source.

2 Likes

If your looking to grow on the cheap I’d check out this Open Salts - Open Salts. Aminos, silica and nutrients are all discussed.

2 Likes

I was a little interested in their silica products. I wonder if ION 14 is anything different than AgSil mixed with humic though.

I still have a ton of agsil, but I didn’t seal the container well enough and it turned into a solid brick. So I’ve been considering tossing it, because it’s a PITA to get any off of the brick now.

2 Likes

I have these saved from somewhere for comparing silica products:

silicon in working solution reccomendations

3 Likes

What about tossing it into a bucket and making yourself a large quantity of liquid concentrate? Mine is also bricking up and I keep meaning to store it better, too.

2 Likes

You need AgSil, it’s cheap as hell since it’s an actual agriculture product. I bought a 1lb bag from BAS for like $20 and it’ll last me years, since it’s also very potent, as you can see on the comparison charts

3 Likes

I have some AgSil, I have only really used it in some sprays though.

2 Likes

I think I have like 4 pounds solidified… It would make a LOT, :joy:

I’ve been debating if I even really need it right now. I’m using tupur, which has basalt in it. There’s probably some silica in there.

2 Likes

@bassman5420 I use it in foliars occasionally but mostly as a soil drench from seed to late flower, since it gives a strong K boost too

@lefthandseeds sounds like your whole yard is getting a silica drench!

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea actually… I have some pretty ambitious lawncare plans for this spring. I want to achieve yard perfection this year, and I did a lot of prep last year. Got some tall fescue elites germinated in the fall. We’ll see what the soil test reveals…

2 Likes

I have a bunch of AgSil and Gypsum laying around and want to slowly dose my living soil bed with a little, but have not at all since I have not used them much in the past and In am paranoid about getting my soil out of balance to much.

2 Likes