New ChilLED Logic 100w PCB COB replacement

new chilled PCB designed to fit 140mm pin heatsinks, something like ~200 samsung diodes and looks like 4 660nm red diodes for enhanced flower spectrum. designed to fit the rapidled canopy substrate. 45-48v and max recommended 2100ma - 100w each and $50

product details

This board was specifically designed to fit the RapidLED 140mm pin heatsink and acts as a enhanced COB replacement.

The 3000 kelvin base spectrum is enhanced with next gen 660nm deep red diodes for a superb flowering spectrum. While this board may be used for vegetative growth, its flowering spectrum is specifically targeted towards red & deep red levels that are not available in COBs.

At 50 watts, ChilLED Logic boasts 15% increased photon efficacy over Cree cxb3590 at 1400ma. At 100 watts, ChilLED Logic maintains an efficacy of 2.35 µmol/J chip level.

Thermal management & heat spread is excellent on the Rapid 140mm pin heatsink. It may be possible to use other heatsinks, this will be up to the user as ChilLED Tech can only verify proper fitment on the Rapid 140mm. No thermal interface material is required, however TIM can offer nominal performance gains should the user choose to apply it.

These boards run at 45-48 volts dc and can be wired in series or parallel with the Meanwell HLG suite of LED drivers. The max current is 2100ma for proper thermal performance on 140mm pin heatsinks.

For Budget Limited growers, we suggest the following configurations:
2′ x 4′ space: (3) Logic boards in parallel on HLG-320h-48b. 320 watts // 940 µmol/s PPFD avg
4′ x 4′ space: (6) Logic boards in parallel on (2) HLG-320h-48b. 640 watts // 940 µmol/s PPFD avg
5′ x 5′ space: (9) Logic boards in parallel on (3) HLG-320h-48b. 960 watts // 903 µmol/s PPFD avg

For Performance / Efficiency minded growers, we suggest the following configurations:
2′ x 4′ space: (4) Logic boards in parallel on HLG-320h-48b. 320 watts // 1030 µmol/s PPFD avg
4′ x 4′ space: (9) Logic boards in parallel on (1) HLG-600h-48b. 640 watts // 1033 µmol/s PPFD avg
5′ x 5′ space: (12) Logic boards in parallel on (3) HLG-320h-48b. 960 watts // 1000 µmol/s PPFD avg

A single ChilLED Logic board at 100w has a coverage area of 2ft x 2ft at 602 PPFD avg source.

The recommended hanging height for ChilLED Logic DIY LED builds is 18″ from LEDs to plant canopy.

PAR maps for the above examples will be published in the next few weeks, check back soon…

i’ve never grown with COBs so i don’t have any heatsinks or extra drivers laying around etc so i likely won’t be getting these, although if you had material to build a frame etc you may be able to get it for $1.50-$2 a watt. i like the form factor tho

6 Likes

Beef logic with that sexy double bump on the spectrum. They’re not bad, modular design, great spectrum. Not a great spread. Might be able to run a couple in a retrofit light, but not compatible with my CXB3590 build (wouldn’t want to either). But hey, they got the Growmau5 logo on them! :grin:

@legalcanada I own the @rapidled #cxb3590 #cobs 75watt and I am going to be upgrading to 3 more of the same with a IR pucks I am very excited to get this going and to grow out some very awesome plants can’t wait.!!

3 Likes

i’ve never grown with COBs but i imagine the spreads similar? imo they’re a little too pricey for me and i’m not sure how beneficial added red really is but they do look nice. my next purchase will just be a cheap veg lamp tho

1 Like

hi all
i am using the growmau5 logic 100 v1 . and i love it ,
i used to grow on hps and after on bridgelux cob .
the logic 100 bring an amazing results
a huge yield and the best quality i ever had .
i use on a 100cm60cm closet 4100 logic
total 420 watt

3 Likes