New clones feeding

Hello Fellas,

Im wondering if im doing it right. Everytime i get my clones for new growing , im watering them with nutes. And i read somewhere in forum , that guys in the begining watering clones in the new soil only with water. Im usually using main food +root stim+silicone+superthrive. Any ideas?

3 Likes

If they have roots you can feed them if they need it and be treat for all intents and purposes a mature plant. You may want. To go light on the nutes tho since its a new root system. Before they have roots it may slow them down, since they may try to grow vegetation vs roots

5 Likes

Can always go lightly with nutes and cuts, they respond well to foliar feeds with chelated macro nutrients. You can also foliar with dilute flowering feed for extra rooting boost. Things like rhizotonic are sworn by.

6 Likes

I was very happy with specialty clones/seedlings nutes that include hormones to promote branching, like Plagron Startup.

2 Likes

You talking about foliar feeding with rhizotonic?

1 Like

Affirmative hombre. When they have no roots they uptake foliars and respond well, providing the mother had enough water in her tissue, its possible to have cuts better looking than mom by the time they root. Obviously dilution ratios will have to be increased.

1 Like

They have roots, so i was thinking to use foliar feeding with nitrozyme(sewed kelp extract). what you thinking? or its better take rhizo in the beginning while roots are small?

If they have roots then soil saturation with nutrient solution is best, if they are showing any deficiency from living in a cube or plug, it should clear as roots populate the medium providing nutrition is in balance and available.

1 Like

It really depends on the medium you are using. If its perlite in hempys or rockwool or deep water culture then you need weak nutes, if its dirt and its not overwatered they should just need the water and dirt for the first part.

2 Likes

roger that! :smiley:

Sometimes in dirt less is more bro. Not sure how your cooking your end.