New Greenhouse (2nd Grow- Jack Herer Auto-flower)

Yoooo!.. starting my 2nd grow this week. Gonna start 12 auto-flower jack herer seeds in my closet tent (2x2x4) in a 12-cell tray with mixed soil (FF potting soil, Miracle Gro Organic, and natural dirt from the garden) and gonna use NO nutrients this time. I’m also mixing my garden soul with the same components. My garden (greenhouse) btw, is a 12x8x7 structure with polyethylene covering. This location gets at least 13 hours of direct light a day.

Sooo, I just have some preemptive questions to ask before I begin germination…
1.from looking at the photos, is my greenhouse legal?
2.should I use nutrients?
3.do i need to add grow lights to achieve more hours of light?
4.any suggestions on how i should plant the girls in the greenhouse?(position wise)

Any and all comments are welcomed and will be greatly appreciated! Thanks buds!! :raised_hands:t5:

17 Likes

Great start, wish we could do the same.

On the legality and light needs it may help to say what state you are in. The logic might be different for Arizona compared to Montana or upper Maine, you know? Odds are that you will not need supplemental light depending on your growing zone and what strains you run. You may have more need for adding supplemental darkness than light; and it’s much cheaper usually.

Mixing FF’s Happy Frog with soil sounds like a great start and their are lots of organic nutes you can consider. If you’ve not grown in the same soil mix or space before then having a bottle of FF’s Grow Big and Big Bloom will cause no harm. Can’t say the same about any Miracle Grow product though. Miracle Grow is like Monsanto with a mask or something. No matter what they claim is organic – no way it is. They are a pure chemical trash product line which you should avoid like COVID but that’s just my opinion.

Don’t sweat the arrangement of the plants, just give them each room to breathe. But again - in some ways it depends on the strain(s) you are running.

Great start!

5 Likes

Not if it’s in Michigan.
Has to have fencing all around, lock on the gate and can’t be visible from the road(general public)

Jack Herer auto’s?
Have you tried them before?

3 Likes

Nope, I tried bruce banner and gelato feminized before. But they sorta came out hermies :pensive:

2 Likes

Central Cali :open_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Well if it holds true to its name sake it’ll be a mighty fine ride.

2 Likes

Knew it wasn’t close to here snow and high wind gusts today .

4 Likes

Are you asking about the greenhouse or what your growing ? Your greenhouse / Hoop House is small enough that it won’t be a problem in most county’s check your local regulations . Check California Normal web site for what your growing for your county .

2 Likes
  • I wonder how you are going to place your plant lamp

I didn’t think I needed supplemental lighting?.. the gurls get at least 8 hours of direct sunlight( 12 hours total light) isn’t that sufficient enough?..:man_shrugging:t5:

Here’s my girls at 27 days :raised_hands:t5:
A little concerned about their growth…they seem to be growing rather slowly… BUT, these are my very first AUTO’s, so what do I know :roll_eyes: lolimage image image image image image

5 Likes

33 days old (1st week of VEG)
Each are about 6-7inches tall, but some are scrawny/lanky & others are looking pretty healthy… lemme know what y’all think! :call_me_hand:t5:

4 Likes

Very inspiring! Can’t wait 2 see updates. It’s not legal where I’m at, but I would still like 2 do it. I’ll just mix in other plants n vegs for camo. I just need 2 hide the smells.

1 Like

I’m gonna try a carbon filter if it gets too smelly, and I’m gonna start spraying the surrounding areas with cinnamon water to ward off pests and hopefully it’ll kinda mask the smell?:man_shrugging:t5:

These are on day 45 from seed:

5 Likes

Hello, I would like to be able to do that too, like everyone … as for the smell, search for companion plants, basil is great among other … Flowers of the genus Cosmos (for example Cosmos bipinnatus) and marigold (Tagetes erecta) too .
Tagetes repel pests at the root…
and Cosmos can help with camouflage …

The plants look happy, keep up the great work.

Hug

The one time I used miracle grow I got a plague of thrips ,miracle grow is straight up poison,if you’re on a budget use black gold soil just add nutes

Good luck with your grow

2 Likes