New grow auto's and photo

Another good check over of the royal jack with the jewelers loop this morning getting a nice mixture of cloudy and amber gonna leave till tomorrow then harvest will update with wet weight and some pics of trimmed buds ak47 day 5 of drying temp n humidity 19.7 51%rh will take out and check again tomorrow see if they r ready for the jar

1 Like

Is it normal for buds that r drying to lose some of there smell?

1 Like

Wen drying do.i wait till stem.snaps or do u wait till the buds r dry to touch and stem bends I only ask coz my buds r dry and crispy to the touch and stem bends with little force I have read that waiting till it snaps means the bus r to dry

1 Like

Yep. Curing brings the smell back

1 Like

Stem snaps :+1: (20 characters…)

1 Like

Would that be the main stem or the smaller stems? Just watched a few YouTube videos and they r jarring once buds r dry to touch and stem bends easily don’t no wot to do lol

1 Like

All bud stems need to be dry and able to snap before curing. You will find some will snap and some won’t. If they snap add them to your jar and leave the others that won’t snap to dry out further

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply I will check again tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

No worries. Sorry about the short answers earlier I was at work :+1:

1 Like

It no bover m8 no bover at all

1 Like

All your answers on here mate

1 Like

AK47 ready for the jar today 6 days of drying dry weight of only 17g but she was only a small plant compared to the royal jack which is getting chopped today

1 Like

royal jack all trimmed and now hanging in tent AK47 is in the jar with a boveda 62% pack just opened it up to check buds still dry to touch gonna go for a 4 week cure how often should I be burping?

2 Likes

royal jack auto 208.8gram wet weight

4 Likes
1 Like

@Ghandisflipflop :joy::joy::joy::+1:

1 Like

royal jack drying out temp n humidity bang on

3 Likes

curing jar in the zone :wink: has anyone heard of putting a piece of orange or lemon peel in the curing jar? I only ask as in the growers Bible book I have it mentions it in there anyone know why u would do that?

4 Likes

I have heard of it, two different ways. A long time ago I heard this would make my pot more potent. I put some lime peels in my stash box with my brick weed. It ended up moldy.

The other way I’ve heard this is to add back moisture if you over dry the material. This was before humidity packs. I have used this trick before, but as a grower prefer fresh fan leaves. This works and doesnt give an off flavor.

3 Likes

I see I will give it a miss then have a boveda 62% pack in the jar burping twice a day for first two weeks then probably drop down to twice a week after that gonna go for a 4 week cure maybe longer if I can hold off

3 Likes