New Grow Reboot- newb2.0 doing newb things

Starting a new thread to track this new grow. Just planted more @GrowHard OG Blue Lotus @paintedfire420 Guava HP ×C99, A few more sunshine daydream F2s @sebring, and I already had 2 dark sparks @Mr.Sparkle and OG Blue Lotus that came up from a seeding I did a week ago.

Since that seeding was largely unsuccessful, I figured it was time for a reboot. Someone else mentioned they always use the peat plugs for seeds, so I’m trying that out this time. I think it was my soil mix the last go, I definitely shoulda got more than 3 to pop out of 12. The SSDD I just seeded I scraped around on sandpaper bc the germ rates have been low on those.

I’m going to track this new grow from seed in here. My SSDD and others that I cracked a while ago that I’m getting ready to clone I’ll keep track of in that original thread.

Thanks OG, id never have any of these strains without you!

26 Likes

Cheers Newb Happy Growing! You got lots of good shit there. :thumbsup: :grin:

2 Likes

Nice man! Guessing OG blue lotus means preservation run of Blue Lotus done here so F2?

They will probably put out some great plants. I ran the F1s and there were some really dank, great producing flavorful plants in there that I still miss.

1 Like

I got the Blue OG x snow lotus from growhard via this seed run:

1 Like

Nice line up best of luck

Make sure not to keep too wet ( I’ve had that happen with the peat pods )

Too wet or dried out is always a big problem Drainage is always an issue

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Ohh nevermind different then

1 Like

You recommend a heat mat til they start popping or no? I have them in a humidity tray for now til they pop, then I’ll take the lid off.

1 Like

Pretty ridiculous how some members go out of their way to spread :fire: genetics around!

4 Likes

I do use heat but I set a timer to go on and off as not to cook them I am always afraid of them drying out

3 Likes

i do the same exact thing, especially for tomatoes

2 Likes

yes yes yes …seeds need heat to germinate …when the sun heats up the soil thats when all the seeds start to grow … its nature at work …your recreating that in a lab :wink:

1 Like

do you use a dome ?today i was looking at regulators for the mat temps …have you ever used one?

1 Like

I have one but haven’t been using it. The seed mat I have doesn’t seem strong enough to warrant the need for using the thermostat. When I grab the peat plugs, they’re not much warmer than room temp. As soon as these babies emerge, the lid will come off and I’ll likely cut the heat. My hort understanding is heat is good til roots emerge from a seed or cutting, then the heat inhibits root growth so its only used for a short time.

3 Likes

right on …my old mat was fine the new one is much hotter… had so much trouble with peat pellets i went to planting and cloning everything in 5in pots right into my soil…this has worked but i am still thinking i will buy a regulator …

4 Likes

No I’ve never used a regulator before I’ll check it out thanks

I do use a little heat for seeds be it a heat mat or a tv cable box lol depending on how lazy I get

2 Likes

It’s funny how things go
At one time all I used was pear pellets but always had some trouble so I went to rapid rooters
For clones I find rooters easy to deal with and work well
For seed I went back to soil since I did I have nearly zero failures
Peace

5 Likes

i always used a mat …am a messy marvin and i would probably knock it over if it was not safe and sound in the veg closet… never had a problem with to much heat until i got this new one lost several seeds due to this :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

You use rapid footers for seeds? I couldve went that route simce I have a bag of them. Just figured they were better for clones.

3 Likes

I use the rooter for clones only anymore

When I did use them for seed I had to many failures

For seed soil works best

4 Likes

Good advise Papa @Papalag
Did you notice the guitar’s in the pic a member posted in my thread? Figured you might have caught that and checked him out.

2 Likes