New grower and in need of some input on my plant

Interesting Kush strain…does it turn a purple color?

https://thebankgenetics.com/seeds/strong text

Hi DrGonzo13 nice to meet you. This is the place to be, I m gonna pull up a chair watch this. I have some in veg too, evidently I should be thinking about switching the light.

1 Like

It does and it’s just noticeable when it is a good week into flowering and it’Genetics were altered to make it better for growing in altitude and y there based outta Denver but this is a seed from the first grow I left it in flowering to long and it had 2 branches beginning to turn hermaphrodite so it’s just a freebie in a way but I have two seeds left of the 6 I originally purchased from them and it’s a good heavy indica 90/10! Here’s my first grow with this strain20210713_163504|236x500

6 Likes

Looks great Dr. G. You did a great job on your 1st. grow in the Phototron…may I suggest that if you can, try and put a light on top inside of your P-tron, you’ll get great results…I don’t know if you have Menards in Colorado but they do sell bulbs for Phototrons and they’re not that expensive…

3 Likes

Thanks for the light link I have been trying to find a smaller light and I had one but it wasn’t remotely strong enough to make a difference but how much are they and outta curiosity can you run it on the plug on the phototron. Also how much difference does it make between the leds vs fluorescent tubes or is the an effect on the heat output inside of the tron. Sorry but so far you’re the only one other than my Dad who unfortunately has Alzheimer’s and he can’t remember much about them anymore who has one or probably knows more about using them in a few different ways and it’s pretty impressive mines the Phototron 3000sx and I am flipping to flower this weekend but am running outta grow space she’s way bigger and healthier than the first one and I am in start of week 7 for veg and I was in vegetative for almost 3½ months first go around as well. Here’s the current picture from today and I just got one question about the plant and it’s should I trim or do any pruning before switching to flower or wait until flowering for a week or so I trimmed about 35% of the tiny bit away from the bottom and mid level canopy at week 3 and it’s made a good difference and isn’t so leafy this time it was extremely leafy and I didn’t trim or use any nutrients or fertilizers the first time and this time but I have been debating on whether to introduce something to give the soil a boost during flower and it’s just a high quality miracle grow mix lol I know that it’s not ideal but it worked before but any recommendations for what kinda nutrient or fertilizer to assist in flower agian sorry for the short story but you’ve been a huge help

2 Likes

Wow, 7 wks. in veg. I could never do that…at most for me is 2.5 wks. and that’s if they’re in my big Phototrons.
My current SWC/TRON grow same size as yours but in hydro and I think it’s only been in veg mode for 2 wks. tops, I had a mishap…the lights on top is easy to set up and don’t worry about heat because the heat goes up throughout the top vents, I never worried about the heat. I use Technaflora BC nutrients been using it for inside or outside of my SWC/TRON grows…The top lights were cheap at Menards I think I got them on sale for under $20 and they are LED’s not much heat to them…Have a look at my thread on SWC/TRON grow…I’m not home right now, I will take more pix of my current grow tomorrow…

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

3 Likes

So cool :sunglasses:
Love this thread :clap:
Killer gardening there
@DrGonzo13

4 Likes

5 days in 12/12…it grew rapidly…before and after.

Sunday

Today

5 Likes

Much better community here than RIU. Not to bash anyone!! but there was some real dickheads there when I started my first grow… not very welcoming to the newbies, or helpful

6 Likes

Damn that’s a good rate and I’m just impressed with how you’ve been getting good at what you do for growing just in a tron like u mentioned before and I understand what you mean I think lol but I am going to 12/12 tomorrow and I can’t wait!

You were sure right about that top LED addition, big difference!

The world seems overpopulated with shit fairies lately…
I blame it on social media… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

The first time I grew in a Phototron I used the moss that came with the tron and I failed…my second grow I went shallow water culture and I was amazed on the rapid growth and I couldn’t believe how easy it was…my second grow was Bogglegum which BOG gifted me some seeds because he wanted to see his strain grown in a Phototron and he didn’t expect it to be in hydro.

2 Likes

I’d stick that led closer if possible, just a few inches closer…

It’s fine where it’s at bromigo…

I’m sure it is lol… just thought I’d mention that leds can be way way closer than other lights… hps…etc…

I agree with ya there. Only social media I’m using these days is OG if you want to consider it that

I’m well aware of that…

1 Like

I’ve been doing lots of research on is light Intensity ever really too high? After seeing what Dr bruce bugbee said I agree… Intensity cannot be too high… light can be too close… Temps too hot… nutrients not right… but never a thing as too intense of light with correct feed

Pretty cool shit really… but hey good job man it looks good… sorry for my 2 cents lol.

Its only been on 12/12 for only 5 days…instead of me lowering the light I’d rather wait for the plant to stretch closer up to the light…I have a saying, if your shoes shine why buff them…

2 Likes