New Grower, First Grow

What’s up growers!! I’m new to the art and just started my first grow. I ordered blueberry autos from ILGM, and I got one to pop out of the soil about 2 weeks ago. I’m starting the germination process for 6 other plants (3 blueberry, 3 zkittles).

I’m not sure about the plant I have growing now, she looks good but the tips are beginning to turn brown. Maybe too much sun…? I don’t know and I need help!! Help Please!!

17 Likes

Welcome!!!

I don’t believe that autos need as much nutrition as a regular photo period plant. What is the soil type? What have the conditions it is growing in? Inside, outside, temps? More information will get you a better answer here. Pictures are a big help though.

6 Likes

hey welcpme auto lover myself so I’m no expert but usually that comes from nute burn like too much nitrogen also light stress but it looks like you are outside Badger would be right more info isneeded or mor time I guess

4 Likes

Outdoor grow in 85-90 degree temps. I’m using pro mix hp with mycorrhizae as a medium. I’m giving her about a liter of water a day with half teaspoon of general hydroponic maxibloom and half teaspoon of cal mag mixed in.

3 Likes

I have her outdoors giving her about a liter of water with general hydroponics maxibloom and cal mag mixed in. Half teaspoon of each.

1 Like

Welcome to Overgrow @MistahMackins
That appears to be a relatively large container. Watering once per day seems to be the problem. Over watering is probably the most common error new growers make.
A tiny seedling like that should not need to be watered more than once every 3 or 4 days or so. LITFA is needed.

Do not despair, we will help you to have a productive harvest. You have come to the right forum.

13 Likes

Just watch it and let it go. It should dry out and be fine if you quit watering it. Let the container get light before you water again. Underwatering is better than overwatering when it comes to cannabis.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG. I am new too. You should cut down on the watering. That is a lot for the size of the seedling. Wait until the pot is lite.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! I planted her in a 5 gallon cloth pot as I don’t plan on transplanting. I’ll let her dry out for a day or so and watch, see how she reacts. I’ll post pics soon! Thanks again!

2 Likes

That size plant in a 5 gallon container will not need a drop of water until next Wednesday…probably at the earliest.

8 Likes

Even when growing in pro mix hp…? I was told you have to water more in pro mix as the coir and peat dries faster.

1 Like

Easiest way is to check by weight. If it feels like just the soil weight, then water. If the leaves on the plants start to dro really bad, then water. If it is still heavy, leave it be. You will get a feel for it.

You want a well developed root system. The roots will seek the wet spots in your pot. This helps them to spread and be healthy. Cannabis does well with a natural wet/dry cycle. Naturally they would get tain, then dry out, then get rain. Think along those lines :wink:

7 Likes

Perfect!! Never thought about it that way…

3 Likes

I have my autos that are around that size in 3 gallon fabric pots. I maybe water them every 2 to 3 days. I give 16.9 ounces of water usually with some Mag/Cal mixed in once a week. You want to water just outside the canopy diameter. Helps make the roots spread.

4 Likes

I have used ProMix HP or BX for a long time. HP simply has more perlite in the blend than BX does. I do not think that either has any coco coir in it. Regardless, You have a large container with a very small plant attempting to begin a robust life. You need to give the roots a chance to get established, seeking out essential moisture (nutrition) and growing throughout the medium in pursuit thereof. If you water too much you are defeating that plant’s chance to do so, you are simply drowning it with too much liquid. Overwatering is a beginning growers biggest dilemma.

Just put the watering can down and walk away for a while.

11 Likes

Seems simple enough… Thanks!

2 Likes

So I stopped watering for the last 2 days and let her get sun (well, yesterday she got lots of sun, it’s been raining today). She seems happy, I’m noticing growth! Looks like overwatering was the problem.

8 Likes

LIFTA works wonders!

4 Likes

Still no water and she is BEAUTIFUL!! Went back home for the weekend (even stayed an extra day) knowing that I didn’t need to water her… So much new growth in just a few days!!

4 Likes

Autos grow quickly. They have a short window to complete their life cycle in

1 Like