Tales from the Terpship

Haha yeah it instantly got named “The Spaceship” by @terpwee-z, we are hoping that it will continue to live up to this name :flying_saucer:

Yeah I heard @shadey mentioning that he inquired…delays…yada… sort of what I expected so in the meantime gives me a bit of breathing room to get everything in and working (building and testing an array, finalizing HVAC, etc.)

Worst case start some citrus or peppers that can be whisked outside, as soon as HC paper lands I am certainly having a bean popping fiesta!!! :man_farmer:

IDK… Really trying to behave but yeah sorta junk waiting for months and months, luckily still good medicine in the fridge for now :wink:

4 Likes

Ya better safe than sorry, eh? :canada: Hopefully with things slowing down a bit re covid they’ll get back on track and start moving things through a bit faster.

2 Likes

Oh sorry this one pictured no, the outside one, yes!

Well it certainly is mighty :canada: of me isn’t it :man_facepalming: For now, yeeeeah for now. I really want to support the system that although is a bit rickety at times, I voted for and I support because it provides a lot to a lot of folks who need it like me. High grade cannabis has always been available here without the GOVs help. I certainly wasn’t willing/able to previously for many years and in some ways still don’t fit the newly established system. As of now; not a worry in the world about my grow. Angry neighbors don’t like exhaust fans runnings at 3am and call the cops, I don’t care, I will show them around. I want to have the same comfort level when I 49 plants running, the license is on the wall, cops, nosey do-gooders all can get stuffed. Stress kills brother

4 Likes

Ya I hear ya. Its stupid we have to jump through all these hoops but it’s still a great feeling to be 100% legal. I feel like a rapper who went legit :sunglasses:

4 Likes

6 days of LITFA and RO and the girls are starting behave. Took the tiniest bit of new growth off of each of them for structure enhancement purposes today. Since the GOV will likely take their sweet time I am thinking I will give the lasses a bit of extra veg time and maximize what I have going.

14 Likes

As usual for me this time of year is hectic and if it wasn’t for the semi-automation of my space has really made it possible for me to start something new rolling fast into summer. The AutoPots, Temp and Humidity controlled ventilation and my finishing soil mix are really putting in the work. I’m merely checking in on them, filling the res and watching them go.

I reduced their cycle today to 12/12 from 18/6 today, still no feed but they are going to need it as well as a bit of a trim for undergrowth circulation real soon, they are growing like…well you know :sweat_smile:

Thanks for stopping in!

18 Likes

They look great!! Cant wait to see how they end up

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this, but all caught up now.
:+1::seedling:

3 Likes

@ReikoX Likely because you too have been busy, not a worry! Stoked to have you along!

2 Likes

Thanks Joboo, me too!

1 Like

The plants are mostly happy, started noticing some lockout/overfeed on Glookies the other day, sort of started out as a burn/blight but was merely as precursor of what was to come.
Yesterday Glookies, mid canopy fan

Today’s lower canopy fan from Glookies

It should be noted that I have been battling humidity and have a dehumdifer running in inside the spaceship but outside the tent 24/7 currently. Lastnight I noticed some PH drift in my res, cut the feed to the plants overnight likely due to the addition of Sea Minerals to the RO water last res change. They also saw a 0.6 EC feed 3 days ago likely while the PH was very alkaline (likely from the K in Sea minerals) the feed was outside Glookies’ range. I have not grown much Sat Dom strains in the past and finding that she is very sensitive to the typical feed and soil regimes for my more typical indicas.

So this morning dumped the res into the veggie garden, replaced with straight RO and reconnected the lil ones. I will see if the spread continues with Glookies today -as it is already in most of her fans whereas it wasn’t last night, might look at doing some soil tests today and try and see whats up as it only seems to be effecting Glookies and a single leaf on PK. Since soil ph looks a bit acidic with basic probe tests, I might top dress Glookies with bio char and top water her for a few days to try and get a handle on her once again.

Pk’s struggle

8 Likes

Just a quick update. So me not being on top of any sorta training to combat stretch has resulted in height nearly doubling in the last week. I did super crop Glookies (back right) a few days ago to keep her out of the light, but she sprung right back. In line with my original wants to see really what the limits of this tent are, I am not deterred, I will leave them with some extra lowers for cuts and fairly full canopy for a few more days. I have moved the dehumidifier into the tent as I am trying to keep ramping down the humidity over the next many weeks of flower ahead. I also have 2 x 4" axial muffin on a speed controller running inside as well to spread around the dehumidified air.

14 Likes

Today in the tent, week 2 of flower: Preflowers are present on all of the ladies, still basically running just water and my soil mix. I want them to pack on some more size before defoliating anything further. Also need to raise the light but I am slowly running out of headroom as expected.

14 Likes

Very nice grow space! Hope to someday upgrade from a tent to something similar. I’ve been looking at auto pots ever since i first heard of them, how do you like them? I haven’t seen much bad other than everyone saying you need to clean valve’s and stuff alot and if they fail everything floods, so that kinda has me swayed away from then cause i know i would slack on the cleaning.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t really agree with the way they suggest to rig them myself however I have not had issues that weren’t user error so to speak so far. They do what they do very well, plants love em, no pumps to deal with literally just add water. That is one thing to note is that isn’t setup well for the way a lot of people like to grow cannabis. Liquid fertilizers will clog these systems, should you choose to go that route there are 2 very quick modifications that you will need to make to the system to use liquid nutes. One is building a duplicate harness so that when things go wrong you can hot-swap out the harness to do repairs/clean. When clogged throw the affected harness a 5 gal bucket of lukewarm not hot water with a touch of drip clean for a few hours followed by a rinse in a tap water and hang to dry. The second mod is running a flow pump in the res to circulate the res otherwise your res will slime up.

I for one am running just RO in the autopots, some times sea minerals as I run a pretty specific soil mix. Any additives/amendments are typically via foliar sprayer so the systems works very well for me. Thanks for stopping by Rob, happy to answer any questions you might have. I do run a flow pump in my res as well as build manifolds to regulate flow evenly across all the positions.

5 Likes

Day 21 from Flip (pics from yesterday)

It’s a full house these days, had a few kolas run up and touch the Mars hydro a few days ago, crisped a few. I actually cut one of Pk’s buds as it was cooked brown a few days ago, it is now foxtailing, I will keep an eye out. Other than that things are good! Glookies smells like sickly sweet candy, PK is a fairly typical PK profile across both and Blueberry is also very sweet to the nose so far. Resin and tricome production is up, have been running the space hot and dry (30C @ 35-40 RH). Still, low to no feed this run as soil tests still show adequate NPK and acceptable Ph. Times are busy otherwise so not a lot to update ATM however I will be sharing some of the experimentation in micro-systems development I have been working on very soon.

Blueberry and PK Top-down shot you can see some light burn on glookies top right of the framand below Blueberry who how has been behind at every corner so far but she’s doing her thang none the less

13 Likes

Day 28 from flip - about halfway home

Girls are setting up nicely. Blueberry and PK still are not as dense as I would like but glookies is very frosty and dense. Been crazy busy away from them this week so no good pics or much to report. I will take sometime this weekend to take some proper pics and give them some attention.

Thanks for stopping in, looking forward to seeing how all your gardens are doing this weekend!

14 Likes

Busy Times away from the not so little ones again this week, so much so I am posting pics from Wednesday :man_facepalming: With all the ladies packing on the weight I finally had to come in with some support in the form of plastic stakes and tomatoe ties. I finally hacked back alot of lowers, potentially too many to re veg Glookies which if this wasn’t the first run in the tent would be the only plant I would have kept. Both the PKs and Blueberry OG are having a tough time producing dense flowers. Trichome production is decent but their nugs are fluffy and I would have chopped them a few weeks ago but now merely running them out for curiosity as they continue to swell and may even have a chance at bridging the nodes on the main kolas.

Gave @terpwee-z some flowers with dinner back on Wednesday, they are still alive on the counter as I type providing a nice aroma to our simple dinning situation. I hope to find the time to take some up to date and better quality snaps tmr, however, it being my 1 day off I will have to weigh that against the last few weeks of summer calling my name.

11 Likes

SO it finally happened…

Just over 3 months since it was received, Health Canada FINALLY threw me a bone, well 49 of them.

Things in the space ship are going well, some of the photo toxicity and resulting burns are becoming a bit more evident now into the last weeks of life for these 4. Yellowing leaves seems to be the worst of it, as they are all producing fairly well, all but PK #2 (Left front)

. PK #2 is still having density issues but might just need a bit more time than the others.

Glookies can be cut down anyday, lots of resin, lots of clear trichomes just waiting for a few amber and she is getting the axe.

I can no longer close my hands around Blueberry’s main kolas, she is bulking up tremendously! Nice dense and large nugs, good resin and trichome production.

PK #1 is really coming around, nice density, frosty, good sized flower, looking forward to throwing her in the press fresh from frozen!

They got there last feed at only .7 EC a few days as soil tests still showing balanced and nutrient rich soil. At this rate it will take me 50+ cycles to use up my Bio Canna Line on hand, overall I ran less than 2% the recommended amount this cycle.

Thanks for stopping in!

21 Likes

nice looking plants, and grats on getting your papers.

4 Likes