New to coco need help with my feed schedule

Howdy yall,
Im slowly learning the coco game and ive been blown away with the results so far. I’ve got 2 Dynasty mochalops that im using for my first coco grow. I didnt want to start a bunch of plants in coco at once incase this grow ended in utter failure. Im using canna a+b nute line with rhizo, and bloom, with some extra calmag tossed in. I think i screwed up by keeping them in 1 gallon fab pots. Ive only been hand watering them once daily, and they’ve been doing fine, but now that the are getting later in flower, the coco has been getting dry and im starting to see some issues. Ive got my halo system setup and ready to go, but looking for input on the optimal feed schedule. Ive heard you only want to feed / water your plants when lights are on which makes sense. My current light schedule is 3pm-3am. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

My opinion; yeah, way too small of pots to water once daily. Have the drip system run multiple times a day. You absolutely can run the drip system during lights-off, it’s going in the dark & hand watering that’s not advised.

I also grow in coco but I’m not well versed on running drip systems so I’m hoping someone with more experience will chime in. But that’s the simple answer; run it multiple times a day.

5 Likes

On drip I’d start water a couple of hours after lights on and have multiple shots throughout the “day” to get to field capacity(full pot saturation).

Best way to do that is time your system to see how long it takes to fully water your pots(to runoff) and then once you have that info you can split that time up for multiple shots throughout the day.

1g’s are fine IF you maintain them with a drip. Hand watering kind goes out the window with smaller pots like 2g’s and under in my experience. If I’m hand watering once a day 3g’s seems to be the sweet spot for me. Any thing smaller with decent sized plants though and I’d be switching to drip.

9 Likes

When I run 3 gallon coco pots I water 3-5 times a day, depending on strain needs. so yes in one gallon you need multiple daily watering and a fabric pot would dry even faster then the plastic pots I use. Your plants don’t look bad but you should definitely have more frequent waterings

4 Likes

Yes, defiantly. Like i said, this run was more of learning experience and trial and error before i go adding more plants. I bought a bunch of 3 gallon air pots, just never got around to transplanting. Ill probably shoot for 6 feedings daily.

2 Likes

Where did you get that setup from, and are the plant saucers draining back in the five gallon bucket 🪣 to be recirculated?

No, this is drain to waste. I just built the halo system how they reccomended on that coco for cannabis site.

3 Likes

Gotcha :+1:, nice looking :eyes: DIY set up. :sunglasses::peace_symbol:

Thanks for the help guys i think i can set my timer to 9 seperate intervals so i think ill do 8 small feedings split up evenly in a 24 hr period. Next time, bigger pots.

1 Like

Still watering once a day. They seem to be doing great… maby i just got lucky lol? Next round will be automated lol

4 Likes

Coco really starts to shine when it needs multiple waterings per day. Highly recommend Coco for Canabis for more info, as another poster suggested.

1 Like

Pot size is not a big issue in Coco.

Coco is hydrophonic not soil.
If you water daily with wet-dry system you are growing in soil not Coco.

To unlock the potential of Coco you need to treat it as pure hydro. 3-5 fertigation daily.

If Coco become dry 100% you are building up salt on it…you need 10-20% runoff to oxigenate and mantaine the correct EC.
If you fertigate 3-5 time your medium Will be 80-90% saturated …if not 90-95% so you need only 5% runoff.

An extra weekly manual fertigation with runoff by 30% is a good technique to keep clean the Coco.

If 3 fertigations:

• at light on 3pm
  • after 6-8 hours at light on
  • at light off

If 5

• at light on
    And every 3.5 hours
1 Like