New users and how to join the community

I’ll weigh in here. Ive been at this particular site for a month and a half. Ive been known on boards and the net for a long time. Ive posted moderately doing some grow advice, some interaction with others and some welcoming which i consider “helping” the site. I’ve read the TOU, the FAQ, and a lot of posts. Ive gotten to know some new people and gotten re acquainted with people Ive known in the past. Here’s what i haven’t done. I haven’t turbo posted to the point that most recognize I’m trying way too hard. I haven’t started a topic that’s unneeded and redundant. I haven’t jumped in anywhere and everywhere. Most importantly I’ve NEVER asked anyone for anything EVER. To me that’s rude. When people are ready they will offer
as will I. Pretty simple method that’s worked for decades. Be patient and good things happen. P.S. this is NOT a solicitation for offers as i do not need anything, just a bit a friendly advice from a grower to a new grower
hope this helps.

12 Likes

Hello, I also started a little while ago, I created a diary and another topic with things I plant here, and every time I went to OG, there was always a subject that interested me 
 I was commenting and I was very well received 

I had never participated in anything, when I came to meet, people treated each other badly, without respect, zero generosity 

Despite the short time, some generous people have already presented me with seeds 
 I am waiting for the right moment to burst 
 I have never seen anything like it. .

This is my testimonial 

10 Likes

As far as “earning the seed beggar rights” 
 it’s up to the giver to set the terms, and there is a private thread for non-public-viewing. :shushing_face:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I read, asked for help I couldn’t find. When a couple people pm’ed me to offer seed, I had trouble accepting. That kind of generosity was unknown too me. I don’t bred so, I have found other ways to give back.
:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

There has been a big push to collect genetics for larger research projects , I met a guy who was working in South America for one of them at a locals BBQ and he had a absolute tantrum that I had landraces and wouldn’t trade with him. Once he calmed down he started trying to talk crazy business with me that I wanted no part of. Then there is Dave who got countless people to send him samples and Steve got thousends of seeds sent to him for a huge project down there. The big agriculture and pharma companies have people out there collecting as much data as they can and it’s been going on for several years if not longer.
They got reef , Steve and a few others on the team already I wouldn’t be suprised if most well known breeders have been approached with a offer. Cannabis has come a long way when your getting messages warning you that if you sell or give out certain plants under certain names you will be sued over tradmark violations smh

7 Likes

:unamused:

:evergreen_tree: pfffffff

1 Like

I wonder how many strains he realy got sent to him , it was awile ago but he was bouncing round the forums asking for beans and alot of people had mixed feelings about the whole thing. The thing is the world could benefit from this plant even more then it already has but part of that would involve a better understanding of the genome and with that knowledge comes power that I fear will be used to controll the genetics more then to gain a beneficial community understanding of it’s true potential. Even with out everybody sending them stuff they could easily drop what would be a small fortune to most of us buying beans from everybody offering them and have just as large of a sample base. The large scale agricultural modifications to this plant and industry are un avoidable and that is all the more reason to keep the older lines alive and in the hands of public domain. I’d hate to see it bottlenecked down into a few varities that dominate the gene pool, wait isent that already happening as we speak.

8 Likes

Ditto that thought Bostonbud.Patience is a virtue.
I got plenty of seeds and really don’t need more.
There are others that need these more than myself.
I’ve made some acquaintances here that I know soon I will call good friends.
You know the kind of good friends you will bring a truck and help move them.

3 Likes

That’s why you stay off the beaten path.
No possibility of bottlenecking in your harem.
Big company’s are the ones who need to worry about this, not us “boutique” growers.
If you aint got a good collection by now, ya better have at it.

5 Likes

I’ve met people just like that. I’m not an overly trusting person to begin with but those are the kind that 10 minutes after you meet them you feel like taking a shower to get the ick washed away.

3 Likes

Hey everyone I’m DGCloud not an old school member but this is a great community for sure we are all here to help with what we can so please return the favor also.

5 Likes

I have various hemp seeds
any brand new people want some “seeds” ?? lol

4 Likes

If you post here Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 2

Your seeds will run out fast! :joy:

if you send to Brazil, I would like plants here. Do they have a name?

Hug.

3 Likes

Gug what’s the word on them beans you were sending out?
From your trip

1 Like

Hello man, how are you? I am waiting for some packages, the mail is terrible, I think everywhere 

In my guerrilla, the male I had separated proved to be hemaphrodite, I will not be able to make a decent reproduction.
I’m going to replant hemaphrodites to try to find something, I think something happened during growth, because there were many hemaphrodite plants.

Dude, I’m getting worried about this 
 I need to start mine 

3 Likes

Hey all! I know I already posted here, and that Draig has been a member for a bit
 but just wanted to post a note that Draig mostly lurks right now, as he is still having problems writing since his stroke. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi old timer here from Sunny Scotland thanks for allowing me to join site looks great and very friendly and knowledgeable

6 Likes

Hi @Dankone! Welcome to OG!

The best place for introducing yourself to the community is in this thread - Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Come stop by and tell us about yourself and your grow! I look forward to seeing you around the site! :grin::metal::fire:

Cheers,
Loggershands

2 Likes

Thanks Loggershands

1 Like

Welcome. Follow that thread @Loggershands posted for you :raising_hand_woman:t3:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes