New year, new threads 👍

Well, I know everyone has got a “private parcel” in OG with a personal grow thread or similar. The problem starts when you have to read 1,4 K posts to be up to date. I think mostly in the newcomers, with this scrolling system you cannot go to last page as in other forums. :sweat:

I know perhaps it is much asking but will it be possible to start new ones instead of having never ending ones?

10 Likes

Some threads can be pretty long, that is why our system keeps track of what you read.

You can easily use timeline on the right to go to last post in the topic. I don’t see any issue.

If you log after long hiatus, there can be many new topics (under New tab) and updated topics. To keep track of updated topics, I’d recommend you to use topic subscriptions if you are not using them already. That way threads that are of interest to you are highlighted. What was updated since your last visit is viewable under Unread tab.

And there are also bookmarks that you can use. (you can bookmark both post or topic)

Please don’t do that…

Sorry but this is the exact opposite of our current policy. Moderators are trying hard to limit the number of threads. We are trying to merge posts with the same (or 90% similar) subject into unique topics. Grow diaries have their timeline on the right side that allows to follow the topic continuously.

Everything should be organized under (preferably unique) subject (or under “garden”). There are many topics that are few years old and it is working pretty well.

4 Likes

There is a slider on the right side to navigate long threads, it also lets you scroll down in a second. Maybe it’s hidden or not obvious in mobile view?

3 Likes

Most of the time, the long threads have some awesome info. Personally, I read nearly everything (bar the white noise BS) that’s on OG.
Then, if you’re coming back after awhile, you can always use the dismiss button on the “unread” frontpage to get rid of them all.
YMMV
J

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I will see if on Sunday I have some free time to read this post …

1 Like

Long topics also have pretty smart feature to “Summarize” the topic … :slight_smile:

Thanks, I know, but how could a script find out what interests me and what not? I don’t want to miss anything, I suppose there is no spam here … :smile:

4 Likes