Newish to the site drop ur first grow pics here. my first attempt

20 Likes

Good luck and ask any questions you have, it can only help others. :grin:

6 Likes

Nice start, do you have holes in the bottom of those bottles? What kind of lights are you using and/or going to use to flower? What soil is that? I love details. :thumbsup: :seedling:

4 Likes

Rock it out you are in good hands…First thing i see is you need more light thoose seedlings are stretching for the light (which can be corrected by repotting them up to their necks and getting some more light on them.) but it’s just an observation with nothing to go on but the pic. not throwing mud.

3 Likes

Hey there I put holes at the bottom of each bottle. I have no clue what kind of soil. And leds 9.5 watts .and thats a good question whats best fir flowering lights?

1 Like

Thank you and i am in search for a cheap light system but an efficient one at the moment I try to bring the lights down as close as possible for now

Looking good man. How many 9.5w lights are on em?

2 Likes

I have 5 led 9.5w on them for now in the process of finding something more efficient

More questions for you, just so we can help you better…
What size space do you have to grow in? What are your min/max temperatures and humidity? What kind of ventilation or air flow do you have? What are your plans for odor control? What nutrients do you have? How much if a budget do you have?

And I’ll give you a tip, take the plastic diffuser off of those LED bulbs and you will get more usable light to the plant’s. :thumbsup: :seedling:

7 Likes

I take a heat gun to loosen the glue auround the diffuser and pry them off with a screwdriver wear gloves…

13 Likes

Thanks for the visual @argo945 :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Your doin better than I did my first go,never had any light,most didn’t germinate and the ones that did,I had hold um up with sticks as so stretched.:+1:

2 Likes

Good-Luck :four_leaf_clover:
Remember, roots don’t like light / transparent container.

4 Likes

I grow them in my room. Temperatures 76 always. I always have the lights on them. And I’m going to trasnfer all of them into there own 5 gallon bucket in another week or so. And I do not really any ventilation what would u recommend? I don’t really know what nutrients I’m just riding with the regular soil what would u recommend? I did put in some plant spikes in which are nutrients I guess the plants came up pretty quick but they only last 2 months max. Do u think i should stick with them when i transfer or go with something else?

There’s nothing wrong with screw ins, but If you’re looking for affordable, efficient LED lighting, give @Baudelaire 's thread here a look.

A lot of us small growers use them and they are THE word when it comes to cheap, high quality lighting.

I’m running a 10 strip array, running each strip at 32w each. (They are capable of 54w each with adequate cooling) which is kind of overkill for my 2x3 cabinet.
I’ve seen a lot of guys here run the 150w version and get great results. The key is multiple light point of origins. That kinda spread gives you multiple angles and better penetration.

He’s got DIY kits, or you can buy everything individually and make your own depending on how handy you are. You can find them on his website Solstrip Photon Solutions

Good luck friend!
I’ll be checking in.

Edit: I also apologize for what could come off as an advertisement or endorsement. I just REALLY like my lights and they PRODUCE. I’d hate to see you end up with a burple cheap ass chineseium light.

8 Likes

I agree with @Scissor-Hanz regarding clear containers cover up those plastic bottles or get them transplanted soon! Best of luck with your grow!

2 Likes

A lot of good suggestions by everyone for sure.

Lets break down some of the questions and responses so far so we can all help you along @StevieG

So Far

Unknown decent looking soil - Perfectly fine you will just need to watch things initially.

Nutrients - None So far You will more than likely need some as you get later in your grow, but we can talk about that later.

Light - 5x9w leds They will work great so long as the space isn’t too large if so just add more bulbs. Also the domes popped off as suggested will make them better.

Size of your grow space ? You should grab and share the dimensions, as it will help others give recommendations on pot sizes and lighting levels.

As for the Pop/Water bottle pots, they work and ive used them in the past myself but so long as you have drainage holes such as previously recommended. As for blacking them out, yes it is more ideal to do so, but you can run as is and not have problems.

Genetics ? i possibly missed this point, but strain if you know, and whether photoperiod, feminized, or auto will help others know what your doing or will need to do.

But yeah welcome to OG and lets get you squared away to be successful in your first grow. :seedling:

6 Likes

getting better each day

5 Likes

5 Likes

looking good man…

the water bottles are great for sowing, but the small size means, u can easily mess them up… there’s little room for error in a small cup. by now they ready to transplant anyway… if u cant afford containers, use grow bags. they are super cheap man.
or use larger 2 liter soda bottles with the tops chopped off… also, its coming up on spring time in the northern hemispere, often landscaping crews will leave nice nushery pots on the curb outside a jobsite for the trash man. drive around and collect free pots…
u can fill yup your bins to a few niches below the lip and plant all of them seedlings in those, but im guessing these are regular seeds, so at some point you’l have to pull males, leaving “holes” in the canopy… so i suggest individual containers until you sex them…

the next hurdle will be feeding… ok, im gonna say this and i know people will be upset, but, IF you’re not a purest,AND this is for your first run, i suggest buying a Time release fertilizer, from walmart or homedepot… . they make a few kinds, the veg kind is usually like 19-6-12… or something like that. It may say “feeds up to 6months”, but it only lasts 6-8wks. mix it into yur soil when u repot out of the water bottles. then all u have to do is water… Concentrate on learning the botany of weed and familiarize yurslef with growing, and get a crop off first… then on 2nd time., start trying out diff fertilizers and whatnot…

4 Likes