Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

All good man, I do not care,I will NEVER bitch at anyone for posting in my threads unless it is bullshit or negative stuff…no worries @Bigun

8 Likes

@Jetdro I’m loving these octopots. Been checking them out a lot recently. Do you grow in the 3 or 6 gallon? I’m currently flowering in fabric pots soil 3 gallon, so I figure there’s no need to get the 6 gallon size. Does that sound right, or should I use the 6 gallon octopus? Thanks!

3 Likes

Go the 6 gallon, they work better. Had 1 3 gallon, used it once, gave it away.

Do not buy all the extras if you order them, no cage, no this or that, just the base octopot is all you need.

Be careful on food, it is ALWAYS available to them in these, so gotta go good, good go lite

4 Likes

Thanks! That’s twice as much medium as I’m used to but I guess I don’t need to fill them all the way up. Im all about LITFA and these seem to fit that perfectly.

2 Likes

You want the 6 because it is large enough to set up wet “zones” . You may roll down the tops a little, but do not make it too short or you defeat the purpose. They are 100% LITFA once you understand them and set them properly. Pretty easy to do, the owner of them, Chris is a goo dude, and his instructions are pretty correct. He grows weed in them too in Michigan.

3 Likes

Awesome last question and I’ll stop bugging. Would it work to start using the octos at start of flower, or should they be started in them at veg?

3 Likes

Plants MUST go in EARLY or they will not grow well at all. They need to VEG in there, to set up the roots.

Your not bothering me, questions are fine.

Cuts taken, rooted, then into Dixie Cups. ONCE the cuts take hold in the Dixie, and start to go vertical, THEN they are placed into the Octo’s. ONE 1/2 gallon over the top water, NO MORE!! 10- 15 days later, they have set their roots in “zones” have found the Rez, and will start to build stalk/stem girth. Then…GAME ON!!!

From Lefty, for my notes only! :

These are a few “rules of thumb ratios” for me (coco only!):

Always:
Ca should be 1/2 to 2/3rds of K ppms
Mg should be 1/2 of Ca ppms
P should be 1/2 or less of Ca ppms

Veg:
Up to equal ppms N and K

Flower:
N can be as low as 1/2 K ppms

7 Likes

I used Jacks to replace 3 different flower nutes in my feed! Also added MKP. Another bloom booster. Smooth growing so far. Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Yeah the more I look into it the more I’m liking it. My grows are pretty easy these days just no till so not to much playing around in the tent but as I age I’m getting lazier… Can that be possible?

I would stick with soil the only thing is the no till part which I love but looks like no till is not the ideal method but I think MOTR and ReikoX were using a no till SIP so might have to hit them up for more info on that front. I’d hate to establish a nice soil just to replace it for the next grow.

I’m going to buy a small self watering pot tomorrow and do a trial run and see how it goes

4 Likes

Your threads are an easy place to use up all my likes.

Where do I find that nutrient calculator you use?
I’m going to start looking better at my NPK ratios.

I did find this excel calculator but it’s way over my head.

7 Likes

https://firstrays.com/free-information/feeding-and-watering/measurement-handling-application-of-fertilizers/fertilizer-tds-calculator/

@Pedro_Bann

6 Likes

@Jetdro great orchid grower :smile:

1 Like

Just some random shots from today , still trying to figure out what to do with 10 OHGA’s, lol

24 Likes

Get another light…

2 Likes

I have more lights, just did not want to use any, was not set up for them.

1 Like

Bummer… and ten

2 Likes

Naw it’s fine, have plenty of the seeds. Figure I will just let them veg 2 weeks, then throw into the flower room, see the M/F ratio and what Pheno’s come out. ALL 4 of the last I threw down favor OG with wide leafs. Hoping to find a more thin bladed Sativa AH leaner, going through 10, IF it is in there, I should see it, so not a lost cause.

Will just place them on the outside of the run, in the weaker light, only want to see phenotype anyways.

Speaking of run, need to go set my "net " now, the stretch has started and they are ready to explode any day now. Rather have it up, so they can grow up through it, than try and put it on later, when they are 4 foot tall and hard to deal with .

10 Likes

Net set just in case I need it. Wanted to have a “small” run, appears these plants have other idea’s! My God they were turned well under 12 inches tall, they obviously have forgotten that, lol

Appears OHGA will clone fairly well. Today is day 6 from cutting them off, never have wilted, vents been open 2 days already. Today the dome was not seated but left cracked. 2 more days I shall remove it completely.

One of these will be the Mom for OHGA as I have none yet. Only the one plant in the flower room now was a female, all the others from the first seed pop of OHGA were male!!! Cut was taken only a day or 2 into the flip, will not be an issue .

PEACE,

Jet

20 Likes

OHGA fan

Orange Goji Pheno 2 fan

Both of these ladies are going to Bud out beautifully I believe

20 Likes

Hope he has swift recovery

5 Likes