Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

Thanks @ifish. I will keep them at 1-3-3 for the next week or so. Is there a nute you would recommend that already has the proper ner to finish them or, should I just stick with blending my 10-5-14, and 5-15-15 to come up with the proper ratios? Thanks for the help.

Just popping in to say once again Iā€™m in awe of these strains, the octopots, and your enthusiasm and abilities @Jetdro! Iā€™m way behind on the thread, still have 400+ posts to catch up on, but loving what im seeing! Once caught up im not gonna fall behind on this one again!

1 Like

@SeymourGreen Anytime I am somewhere that sells nutes Iā€™m always looking at the back of the boxes or powders for a cheep suitable npk ratio ( garden centres , diy stores , Amazon etc not hydro shop ) , itā€™s easier to have the npk ratio that you want in one box or bottle but sometimes they are hard to find in them numbers or close and only mixing two products is what gets you there , we have to use whatā€™s available to us etc
The plant doesnā€™t care who makes the nutes or what price it was , all they care about is the simplified npk ratio ( what itā€™s pushing ) and the ec you feed at , for the present stage of growth and at a suitable ph for the media used , if coco tho you would have to work out the crazy cation exchange and add that in also to the working out of the ratios
As long as itā€™s complete and nothing says slow release , your good to go : )
You can use an amendment which is not complete as long as itā€™s in a mix with another nute that is complete , kind off : )
I am uk and I use chempak ( 2 for example in veg ) or elixir soluable firtiliser ( both cheap food ) they have some ratios I like
If your in USA I would hit @Jetdro or @Papalag as they will know whatā€™s best thatā€™s available there or point you in the right direction : )
Jetdro has a mix that gets him 1/2/5
And paps just came across an amendment thatā€™s 0/0/10 ( could maybe be used with your existing nutes to raise k and lower the n and p )

Here is the elixir one Iā€™ll be using for that stage 6/12/36 simplified 1/2/6

5 Likes
1 Like

Very close to what i will run this timeā€¦5/12/26ā€¦1/2/5 on the Jacks. Just a touch stronger, good find mang!!!

2 Likes

@SeymourGreen just remember , if you add any thing fancy extra to the mix also too , check there nothing else hidden in with it ie calmag ( n ) for example , as this changes the final mix simplified npk ratio slightly : )

2 Likes

Thanks @ifish. Iā€™m in the states and just got a bottle of General hyroponics liquid kool bloom. It is 0-10-10 or, a 0-1-1 ratio. Would that be ok you think to finish them off after week 8 on a 10 week strain?

@SeymourGreen No , that might just be an amendment and may not have all the other micro nutrients in it , ie iron zinc boron etc so canā€™t be givin as a stand alone nute it must be in a mix with another complete nute
Also 0/1/1 that has the same p as k in relation to each other ( pushing p and k )
In fall we want to be pushing k
1/1/3
1/2/5
1/2/6
Or around them numbers kind of
: )

The 0/10/10 would be good to amend your nutes to a good summer ratio tho , just remember if doing a 50/50 mix tho , then you may have halved you zinc iron etc in the mix , something to be aware off

3 Likes

Supplement (meaning bullshit) NOT full source of foodā€¦poor choice.

ALL the suppsā€¦ALLā€¦in my opinion are total BULLSHIT snake oil nonsense.

Fully complete nute with #'s you want or mix 2 -3 fully complete nutes like I do to achieve your NPK ratios.

Wanna push K in late fall mangā€¦like fishy is sayingā€¦1/1/3ā€¦1/1/4ā€¦1/1/5 ā€¦1/2/5ā€¦1/2/6
o/1/1 is not gonna pack on any weight.

That bottle was prolly expensive###### itā€™s MOSTLY WATER 0 /10/10/ā€¦and were it me, IF I ha not opened it, it would go back to whence it came, lolā€¦but just me!!!

YOU ASKEDā€¦we call em straightā€¦

3 Likes

@ifish. Thanks yet again. The bottle says itā€™s derived from mono potassium phosphate. I did some reading on another forum and one guy who used it said it burnt the crap out of his plants when he used it at half strength. Iā€™ll continue with my 1-3-3 ratio for now until I can find a complete nutrient with the right ratio to finish. Truly appreciate your help.

1 Like

@Jetdro. Yeah it was like $25. I didnā€™t use it yet thank God lol! Quick question if you donā€™t mind but, is it better to mix say half a teaspoon of nutes to get a half strength feed and lower ppm, or mix a full strength feed and dilute to get lower ppm but still the same ratio? Sorry with all the questions.

1 Like

Depends on plants and what there in and how they have been fed, and if you feed ever water.
We like to run the most PPM we can every water. By doing it very water we need very low PPM to achieve this.
I pushed mine last week, found the sweet spot and backed off to it. Each plant and growing conditions are different.

So for each ratio I feed them, i want it right at maximum. Ratio is same 1/2 or 1.5 teaspoons, only changes is the PPM.
.5 teas is same ratio as 1.5 teasā€¦just much lower ppm.

We are forward growing so we want the plant to have all it wants, but not to much to cause issues . I was able to induce tip burn by going up 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, so I was right on the edge. I backed back down 1/2 tea per and now know the plants limits.

Hope this makes sense. We want what ppm the plant can handle repeatably, with every watering, without burn or nute caused issues.

4 Likes

If your stateside just use what I am Jacksā€¦the 5 12 26 great ratio for late flower

2 Likes

Where are you Dankā€¦

Have seeds, will tradeā€¦

8 Likes

I doubt i have anything you want as far as seed

Honestly, only seeds I am interested in right now would be Dank Sinatra.

Moms getting too big, time for new ones :

10 Likes

15 Likes

Thst jacks seems to be working out pretty well

1 Like

YES, working just fine.

1st part did excellent (straight 10 30 20 ) , 2nd part did excellent(50/50 mix 10 30 20 5 12 26)

NOW, when week 8 starts (Monday) I will go part 3ā€¦straight 5 12 26 LOOKING FOR THE BULK UP

IF that does the trick, then I found my new flower nutesā€¦sure hope so, looking like so !!

8 Likes