Next Octopot run: OHGA , Gorilla Glue 4 JW cut, getting set up

Corn hull TP wipe would not be one of the things I would do TWICE!!!

HEY @OleReynard Can get some ibl Black Afghani from USC…what is your take on them ???

2 Likes

Yeah, his plants made my pants a little shorter.

Yeah you should see some seed development by now. There may be a few seeds deep in the buds, but doesn’t sound like you will get a lot. Hopefully enough to do an open pollination to hunt through the F2s.

1 Like

Get em, I got some only 6 or so, be sweet to get enough for a run with some selection.
Put them in capable hands and do em.

1 Like

DAMN…glad I did 2 plants then. IF I get 20 seeds I shall be HAPPY.

Guess I gotta throw down more Orange Goji’s and hunt for another nice male. I want to hit more ladies with it.

Certainly hit Space Monkey and Grape Pie with it…only have a tiny bit left, and from the looks of the GG4’s I hit with it, that will not be enough…argh…

1 Like

Was gonna throw down some seeds tonight…but forgot my heating pad is under the cuts right now. With outside temps in the 30’s at night, GOTTA have the pad under the seeds…so I gotta wait 2 weeks…argh…

The coco was “washed” really well, then cleaned of crap, then left in the sun to dry for 3 hours…all ready to use with no pests or shit in it now. This is 1/4 of that 3 dollar block.

2 Likes

9 Likes

You are describing the 1s from classic. Try this… do you have anymore seeds left?

"Soak tomato seeds or any fresh seeds in water for a day or two, remove tomato seeds and soak pot seeds in the water. Much of the reason old seeds don’t germ is because they lose an enzyme that allows them to open. They’re catalysts not reagents so you only need a tiny amount to help speed up the reactions I have seeds from the 70’z I’ve popped using that method.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t even do that once
and I had to clean out the outdoor outhouse when I was a teenager on the farm we had in Tennessee
THAT is a shitty job

4 Likes

I was thinking @Jetdro Maybe another wookie cross you’d like would be pinball wizard it’s crossed with a haze. I’m liking the lifta aspect of the Octo pots. Might have to try a few. Have you ever tried the auto water setup?

1 Like

In every since of the word

1 Like

I have not used an external rez/controller on them. I use to use that when I ran Water Farms. Now, just a 30 gallon garbage can with a pump in the bottom of it, and a hose to reach the pots…takes no time to fill them that way .

IF I were to be gone for days at a time, I would make one, but Im not so rely no need to complicate things and introduce potential leakage ! LOL

1 Like

Your OHGA is looking $$. Can’t wait to pop some. :v:

Yeah, came out better than I could have imagined her!!! She is getting fat now, with 3 more weeks to pile it on.
Not seen any issues with her, she has not given me any problems thus far.

Monday I switch ratio’s and nutes, to the "pack it on " ratio…she looks like she is ready for it!!
Covered in resin, great smell, she is gonna be a winner it looks like, sure hope so!!!

3 Likes

Thinking I sent you enough to play with…NO PACKAGE today, mail just came…bummer, I will keep watching for it !

1 Like

Oh ya more than enough :ok_hand:

Bullshit Canadian postal system super slow. She will get there :v:

2 Likes

Interesting :

So I had popped 8 seeds of OHGA a while back, looking to see if I could find a different pheno to the one I am running and have kept as Mom. 4 were ladies, and when they filled their Dixie Cups with roots(1 week) I placed them in small pots in the flower room, to finish out. They have been on the outskirts of the light since going in there .

2 are in 1 gallon pots, 2 are in small 5 inch by 5 inch pots…

The one in my octopot is killing it, no issues , no problems.

The 2 in the 1 gallon pots are also just fine, growing well.

The 2 in the 5 x 5 inch pots are HAVING ISSUES!!! POT SIZE is creating this i suppose.

Seeing the “CLAW” on both of the 5 x 5 container plants. Th volume of soil is not enough to buffer, and getting the same feeding as the lager pots, the plant is overdosing!! Right now, it is N toxicity, have a look.

Thought it was interesting…now KNOW in lil pots I cannot feed them what they get in the 1 gallon and larger sizes .

4 Likes

A few months ago I signed up for the “Boveda Challenge” , a free drawing to win some of their product. Since I use their packs for long term storage, figured I would try. Was selected, and today, Sunday, FedEx delivery !!!

It is a " Save Your Terps " package. 2 canisters, 1 62 Boveda pack, 2 grinders, pack of papers, and a lighter.

You are suppose to take 2 batch’s of fresh Bud, 1 in the canister with no Boveda pack, the other in a canister with a 62 pack. Leave for 14 days, then test for terps with included 2 grinders and papers, and lighter, lol

Boveda pack fits neatly into the top of the canister,

The canisters are really nice, even look and feel good. Problem is they are TINY…geared towards the grower but send me a 3 gram canister???

I filled both with bud, will test against the jars…really see no difference, have the Boveda packs in the jars too.
It is nice and neat and would be good to travel with I suppose…but with 3.5 grams it had better be only a “day trip” lol!!

Peace,

Jet

Think your suppose to put fresh bud in them, one with a pack, one without, wait 14 days, then test side by side.

NO WAY I am putting in FRESH bud, I KNOW what would happen.

I put in Bud that is 100 % dried already, let them “cure” in the canister .

12 Likes

I like those canisters. They make them in a variety of sizes. This is mine:

I’ve never put any bud into it that wasn’t ready for long term storage in a jar. It just keeps your daily smoke fresher than a jar because of the Boveda packs, and doesn’t dry out as fast as a jar you keep getting into :wink:

They are just a handy thing to have, but I probably won’t buy any more.

7 Likes

Nice gift even if the canisters are tiny my first time using vacuum jars and 62%packs I received for a Xmas gift . I also used dried bud not fresh been stored since the 27 th of dec comparing that weed against straight jarred the terps are more pronounced also the texture of the buds appear to be better also . The normal jarred weed is definitely drier with less smells than the boveda canisters .

4 Likes

I have always used Boveda packs to store my cured Buds in, in Mason jars. Works great, maintains the bud a long ass time. they say 60 days, I have found they work a year or more if left alone.

5 Likes