Nextlight veg 8 in my new vivosun 4'x2'x5'

I put my nextlight veg 8 in my new vivosun 4"x2"x5" with the 2 plants I have stated already. I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think??

I just set the tent up I am pretty sure the are a little less than 4 weeks old. Been feeding them emerald harvest 3 part professional which seems to be doing pretty well

3 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks @Bloomspect6 they look really nice. What’s your secret? May i also suggests making a thread for your grow, just click on “new topic” and you are all set… It will be easier for everyone to follow.

2 Likes

Hi @Bloomspect6 welcome to Overgrow!

As we’ve discussed by PM, I’ve split your posts from introduction topic to separate grow journal.

2 Likes

This one I am not positive about. Maybe someone can help me figure it out.

What exactly do you dislike?

This one particular seems compact and healthy… Next time shoot them before spraying water, it is hard to see if those water drops are not actually bugs :))

2 Likes

Yeah I should have shot them before wasn’t thinking. Do you think it’s too early to get an idea on the sex? I am not happy with how compact it is. I’m sure it will get taller but I was hoping to do some LST and super cropping. It is my first grow indoor so I’m open for ideas from any OG member or just someone with a bit more knowledge than me. Also I’m planning on putting a 600w bloomspect full spectrum with the veg and bloom switch.

Ad Sexing: look for preflowers - there could be some signs after 4 weeks of vegging. What is the strain?

They need to get a lot bigger to fill the tent with canopy. Getting more light is probably good solution. For start you can probably put lamp lower to supply more intensity.

I’m not familiar with “600w bloomspect full spectrum” but beware that current practice of sellers is to hide actual watt output, so it can easily be just 250W… Always look for power consumption, not for sellers’ label. Quality of chinese led is also debatable. Read more in forum about it under #led tag.

For example to 4 feet by 2 feet you can easily put 400 watt HPS.

1 Like

I am not sure the strain it was a random freebie

Energy consumption is a big issue with me I need to keep it less noticeable on the bill.

The Maui is looking great but the other has a bit of yellowing on one of the top leaves. Any help would be appreciated.

I would like them to get a bit taller but they have started since I posted this.

1 Like

I have been feeding them emerald harvest 3 part professional. It seems to be doing the trick. I did notice a little bit of yellowing on the unknown one.

1 Like

I realize you like the dark green but i would be worried about toxicity at this point. The swirl and wrinkle could be pointing to ph imbalance due to overfeeding. Your new center growth should be a emerald like green not dark. No hate here just offering an opinion.

5 Likes

UPDATE 5 weeks

So officially changed from the nextlight Veg 8 too the 600 W bloomspect. I hope it was a good decision. I had a hell of a time getting the bloomspect to hang it came with a ridiculous hanging set up. Wound up taking the crimped wire that were meant to go from one daisy chain to a single carabiner but it was so long I had my daisy chain all the way up and it was still less than I wanted between the light and girls.
Update on the ladies I made a couple clones from the Maui. Let me know if you think she needs special attention. Luckily a friend sent me 2 Auto CandyCane fem beans they broke and I got a carnival bean out of a bag I got. Went from only 2 strains to having 4 I am pretty happy about the progress. Have to get 4" insulated ducting and clamps for m filter and silencer. Will post more pics when I get those set up. The Maui is the one in the middle in these pics.Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

1 Like

Try again, no pics. :grin:

1 Like

I have to take more the pics were too big to upload

1 Like

Here are pics from 3 days after taking clones from the Maui and the auto are 3 days from when they popped the bean.

You should never leave cut stemps and leaves on the top of the soil. It can bring fungus and bugs to your plants and soil. Alwas keep everything 100% clean :slight_smile: Only soil and plants. Nothing else :slight_smile: keep grow

1 Like

A no-tiller may disagree with you :grin:

2 Likes