Nightime Temperature Brrrrrrrrrrr wth?

No federal emergencies here, just dealing with some new issues here. Coldness has kept this girl to a crawl. What are the lowest nightime temps you have had success with? How about air movement in a cold space? Am I just pissing in the wind?

Amend’d soil, solo-1-3-10-20 transplants. Seedling Born 12/15ish, BOG Sour Grape.

Plain water only, tap ph 7.0-7.4, not adjusted, just aired. I dont remember the ppms, middlin’ I suppose.

1:1 slurry revealed 7.4 upper soil ph(moist/straw mulched, roots to the top). Yikes. Time to check that too. Lil’ iron lockout rearing it’s ph’d headyness.:(, manganese and others waiting to go on strike :0

73ish lights on, 54ish out. Seedling mat keeping soil temp near 68, with aid of insluation. Running 600hps for the heat - 18-20" above. Contemplating drop to 400w cuz shes kinda small, but fear losing the heat. Thoughts?

12/12 since Friday 2/22.

So, temps and ph are my current bugaboos, gotta stay on the rails :slight_smile:

Don’t want to mistreat this plant any advice would be welcome.

4 Likes

BOG seeds are notorious for slow veg.( just what I read, have some on route as I type) But where i live is going through a serious month long cold snap. Every night a few mins before bedtime I fill a few large containers with very hot water and seal them up in my tent. It keeps it a few degrees warmer at night.

2 Likes

I’ve grown some BOG before, not alot, but lsd last year and sb the prior run(my first). This plant looks decent, but is old and slow. I just went through my soil recipes, trying to find something i did differently.

BAM, no ashes or langbenite added to this batch of soil. Could that really affect the ph that much?

Also seems my tap is out of whack, water test paper from the town said 7.2, but it is coming out at 7.4-7.5. Never adjusted ph before, but am condidering it now. 7.5 is too high, no wonder my soils are all rteading above 7.1

l

1 Like

Seems like you’ve found the issue, now to find the solutions…

Correct pH is too high…as far as colder temps, my nights are usually about 65 or a touch lower and they grow just fine, even throw me some purples

1 Like

Plant looks sweet, not seeing any deficiencies. I agree with @toastyjakes about getting you pH dialed in.

I wouldn’t worry about your temps. Night times are lower than optimum, not dangerous by any means. Higher day time temps would give some faster growth. To answer this question:

Mid to upper 40’s with dips in to the upper 30’s (F) night time. Low 70’s peak in the day for most of the 2nd half of flower cycle in 5 gallon DWC buckets. Was one of my best runs with that plant and I ran it for over 3 years. Had the best color and frost of any other run with it. The mother of that cross was Alaskan (Kodiak Gold) so that may have helped. I doubt a tropical variety would do so well.

I’ve never heard that. I’ve seen some great @BogSeeds grows. Of what BOG’s I’ve grown; Bogglegum, LSD, Lifesaver and Sour Bubble(BX3). I had no complaints, plants had as much or more vigor than a lot of the other stuff I’ve worked with over the years. I wouldn’t worry, I think you’ll be pleased. :grin:

2 Likes

This will likely raise ph helpful with more acidic soils, if your high in Ph leave the ashes out not sure about langbenite though

1 Like

Thanks Tiny, will not add either.

Ok Undead, glad to hear you did ok with chilly willy in the house. Fingers, toe, berries, all crossed for this slow growing mama.

Thanks for stopping by toasty, as in life, no problems just solutions :wink:

Did a bonemeal flush at 6.1 on one of my pots that was reading 7.5 slurry. Then fed some low org nutes the next day at 6.2. I’ve run organics before with decent results, this new water must really suck:(

Never had to deal with ph other than a strip here or there just to keep things honest. Bought my pen, some org up/down, and will now begin to pay close attention to ph going in. My new seedlings already are looking better than my last.

Here’s an LSD flipped at 25 days from seed: 3 gal, h2o only, so I have had some luck. But I give most of the credit to the breeder and to the many folks who came before me, led the way, and then put it on the internet for me to read, as I have no true mentors.

Got down to 50f last night, oye.

Thank you farmers :pineapple:

5 Likes

That’s some fine looking LSD. I miss having that around, it’s my all time favorite med strain. A natural muscle relaxer that kills migraines in minutes with no drowsiness.

3 Likes

Thank you, beginners luck, as it was my 2nd run. I yank lsd early for the buzz, dont need the extra week of weight, i need to be flying around the farm :wink:

1 Like

Lsd and Sour BluTooth and Lifestar veg fast of mine and several others actually. Some of my most indica strains veg slower but that’s always true.

Contact me for good seed deals at bogland72@gmail.com

Bog

5 Likes

Hi there @BOGSeeds, thanks for pokin’ in. Not overly worried about this girl, she seems really tough, as ive tied bent cracked her down pretty good. Temps this early in flower have me crapping, but i can only work with what i have, down to 49 last night. Got soil ph down a bit. Glad i can share some BOG here.

Tied

Sweet Cindy freebies are insane growers. 3 diff looking plants, #1 that is a beast, and this one I CANNOT clone. Any suggestions, I really want to keep her, but she’s in a scrog, so reveg is out. I do have a couple of cuts i am nursing with no roots, but not feeling the love. Cindy #2 and #3 cloned np, but i really want #1, never saw a plant flower so fast.
here are #2 Cindy and #3

Saw you mention Sour Bubble BX1 and BX2, and some others new stuff, would def be into some more BOG. Will email you later for a list of whats new over there on the farm. BTW, Mrs, BOG was ever so helpful, and your beans are exquisite.

6 Likes

This bird is about to get plucked. Anyone want to talk me off the ledge? 25 days of 12/12, and still no signs of true flower. I lowered her soil temp drastically today to try to induce some ‘fear’ in the plant. Fussy little thing, dont want to chop, but i have a few clones that would look very nice in that pot.

Thoughts?

tuff to chop a relatively healthy plant,

5 Likes

Try giving them extra hour of darkness. An 11/13 schedule may help. Also make sure there are no light leaks, that will do it.

4 Likes