NL x Haze regular test run

Was given a pack of 12 seeds to test out !

First off , appear very uniform in shape and color,very clean

All four cracked after a 18 plus hour soak

3/8 - 1/2 " deep ,new “organic” potting mix , nothing fancy , whatever was available
Peace and love all !
Overgrow !

25 Likes

Nice start for an interesting strain, let’s see how they grow, thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

As a huge fan of Haze that’s never gotten to try NL x Haze, but has been intrigued by it for a long time, I will be following along also! :popcorn:

7 Likes

I’m def tuned in…been wanting some oldskool nl5haze…

4 Likes

“You’ve reached your maximum amount of likes for today.”

I’m so curious to see how this unfolds!

3 Likes

Yikes, I did not know that Peak had these.
I remember when I first tried some Blue Dream that a friend had grown a few years back,
my initial impression was that it tasted like NLxHaze I grew many years before.
Memory can be a funny thing, but it seemed to me that I preferred the NLxHaze over the
Blue Dream.

Good luck with your grow.
I am interested in seeing how they perform.

8 Likes

Cool, best of luck on the grow man

2 Likes

2 of my favorites, GL

1 Like

Lucky you. I hope he starts selling that. I’ve never had it either but have always wanted to.

2 Likes

Welcome and thank you everyone! I’m very excited as well, feeling very lucky, shoulda bought a lotto ticket ! However I would have just spent on seeds anyway,haha so it worked out for the best ! I was inquiring about this strain and he asked if I’d like to check these out ,give some feedback,so you only need to ask ,he got them and I’m sure he wants to get them out there,
I didn’t ask for further information tho,he asked if I’d run a NL x Haze and I said that I would love to ! So anyone with any other stats or pics or anything related please feel free to chime in ,
Peace and love all !
Overgrow !

7 Likes

I got some coming also

5 Likes

So I would love to thank @MomOnTheRun for the heads up ,as I was reusing soil,and having serious issues starting seeds in new soil as well,well everything was screaming hot ! Damn ,so I flushed everything and will be better prepared for the rest,hope these 4 will pull through ! And I will be extremely cautious from here on out !
Peace and love all !
And thank you @MomOnTheRun !
Overgrow !

5 Likes

Yeah she is awesomeness to the max.

3 Likes

Oh man. I just sent an email over to PeakSeedsBC. I need some more Sweet Skunk and NL for outdoors next year anyway. Maybe I can snag a few testers. If I ask him nice!

2 Likes

I love Haze, thus my handle…NL x Haze was the shit back in the day!
Expect a fair bit of stretch in it, u may wanna flower at a foot or less. U could end up with 4 footers if flowered over a foot.
This strain in general will do this, cannot speak on the specific strain u have. Haze will stretch to the moon typically.
Good luck.

5 Likes

Yeah brother you got that right ! she does so much for the community ! I’ll get some pics up in a bit ! first chance that I get !
Peace and love yeah!

1 Like

Yeah ! I’m hoping for you ! I’d like to hear how you make out ! My research let me to a talk show with breeder Steve who talked about the selection and the time it was made sounded to me like the Sweet Skunk was an actual NL5 Haze recessive ! 2 outta 500 seedlings ! I sure hope I don’t have my tales confused,oh hell about due for another listen anyhow ! Hehe I got a 3plus hour plan for this evening ! Cheers !
Peace and love !

1 Like

Sounds great! I have only smoked a no ceiling strain once it was a Thai variety and man what a smoke it was ,had a quarter ounce and literally gave nuggs away to my friends,was to little to last ! A rip roaring 3 hour high ! And I had to share ! I’m hoping for something like that ! I do believe that the NL should bring the flower time down somewhat, although I’m prepared to let them run !
Appreciate the head up on the height possibilities,will have to keep in mind
Peace and love all !

1 Like

Yeah I asked Mike at PeakSeedsBC years ago. He said he thought it was a NL5 Haze he got mixed up with BC Sweet Skunk cuttings. It sounded like he was guessing more than guaranteeing. People need to have more respect for NL5 x Haze…with genetics that deep…who knows what you will find. Good look on the treasure hunt!

Edit:I was just thinking. If that is true…then Peak Seeds Northern Skunk is technically a cross of NL5xHaze? Just more NL less Haze. Interesting.

3 Likes

Okay,so this is what I got ,a female sweet pink grapefruit ,was pollenated from a mis labelled ,nl haze male ,(at the time,the male was thought to be a big Skunk) a recessive sativa leaner was selected out of a room full of Northern lights dominant ,498 were NL looking,might confirm that the sweet pink grapefruit is also an early Northern lights cut as well ,so one selection,of the two haze leaners is today’s Sweet Skunk cutting ! And I’m not sure which male is used from there to produce the next round of seeds, hope that makes sense ,but hey please feel free to update any info I may have wrong ! Best of my knowledge ,hehe yeah well
Peace and love all !

3 Likes