No Till soil HELP ... Read post 45

8 Likes

Off the top, calcium. I use eggshells, toasted and blended about 2tbsp per gal. (slow release)
#2 Worm farm, your fresh worm castings (and worms) will be far better than you can buy. EWC up to 20% total volume.
Compost of some sort, about equal proportions with the potting soil.
Perlite, as required.

{edit} I have found the hard way there is no “one” recipe. What’s perfect for one pisses off another :laughing:

Cheers
G

14 Likes

This I can do easily, just mix the dried, crushed eggs shells in soil from the start yes?

I can buy a bag of compost and mix in the whole bag ?

Can’t really do the worm farm just yet…

The only real problem I have is Potassium lockout usually mid way through flower, no idea why tho… to help I boil Bannana peels and make extra P… but sometimes I think I’m likely overdoing it and not actually helping lol

I have to use bottled water cause the tap water is horrible here and causes all kinds of bad crap to happen to the plants.

4 Likes

Exactly, and you can do the vinegar soak to make really accessible Ca.
I also feed some ground shells to the worms too.

Keep the compost <= potting soil. Generally more compost = more perlite.

I’ve done the pH potassium lockout…
that’s easy to fix once you figured it out :laughing:

You can also get into issues with CalMag fighting Potassium as well.

There’s some complex interactions in that chart…

I haven’t worked out the perfect mid flower nutriment scheme yet but top dressing mid flower helps. I use base soil mix + GG 2-8-4.

I’m thinking I need a tea with molasses in it for the myco. They all seem to get fussy with me about mid flower.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Here’s the KNF recipe for WCA - Water Soluable Calcium:https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/sa-10.pdf

4 Likes

Chop up the Banana Peels and scatter them in your mixture, Time Released Potassium, wa-la!!! Best of luck, enjoy a pleasant week, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll try all these suggestions this time round and see how things improve :wink:

1 Like

Use “Recharge” Mid-flower, plenty of what you need in that powder, use sparingly (volume wise). SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Almost impossible to get in Canada. Ive looked before.

4 Likes

I like using some kelp & barley as a top dress in flower

6 Likes

I can get Kelp and mix it in. I guess its got loads of trace minerals

2 Likes

The next time I get some of their Sample Packs, I’ll ship 'em your way. When in-hand (probably Apr/May timeframe), I’ll hit you up for Personal Info (I don’t keep member’s data, another quirk of mine). Keep on it, can be frustrating at times, but satisfying when you hit the “sweet spot”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Get the powdered Kelp, no need to pay for mostly water Liquid version, in my opinion. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Makes sense, any recommendations for brand or place to purchase from?

1 Like

Thanks brother. Super awesome of you.

2 Likes

Was thinking of either buying Bannana Powder or Green Bannana flour Or baking banna peels then grind them up to add into soil…

Same with Kelp, granules organic from Canada.
Powered Egg shells can buy or make easy…

2 Likes

Check out buildasoil.com find a rabbit hole to go down in regards to soil and just start doing some reading. Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go…you could start reusing soil by amending it each time. There’s no till, super soil, you could go super easy and just use an organic base mix and bottle feed organic nutes… @ReikoX has some great threads and posts on organic soil. Kinda gotta figure out what your goals are. If starting simple, building your base knowledge and making adjustments over time is your goal id say you’re definitely headed in the right direction.

6 Likes

Kelp4less.com, they do 2 for 1 on Tuesdays, I think. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks @misterbee ill check that out

What do you all think of this product?

Instead of just the kelp.

2 Likes