Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 2)

add a strip of magnesium + hood of a car = FUCKED engine block + concrete under the car. :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Tweets are reliable sources now? All the hallmarks of BS made to gin up outrage, and it works, of course.

I don’t know if I would say that…LOL
It would seem to me reliable sources have gone the way of the dodo. :woozy_face:

I think folks post on twitter because it reaches a ton of people very fast.
I think of it like independent journalism. :upside_down_face:

Sure it could be made up, a lot of news is today, so fair point.
But the way things are today…if this is not real, it is probably still happening somewhere.

I thank you for the polite discussion…your opinion is important to me, but I was informed this thread is not the place for this kind of discussion. :innocent:

Peace
Shag

2 Likes

16 Likes

oh I know! almost did that to a 1960s Saab owned by a guy who ripped my plants in college. decided we didn’t want an explosion. from gas contact so we crazy glued all the locks. crazy glues giant fan leaves to every window. and got bumper stickers made with unpeelable paper that said “I steal other people’s pot and smoke it”… message sent…

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1664501575690

6 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

There’s a High Street near me. I’ve wanted that sign for 25+ years. Problem is, it doesn’t last till the next weekend once its replaced, and then its like a year till its replaced again. Everytime I see it and “make plans”, its gone the next time I pass it.

4 Likes

Your purple buds are mere mortal compared to mine!

13 Likes

13 Likes

7 Likes

Used to call your mom “my hole” :grinning:

There’s an Easy Street not far from me and people stole the sign so often in the 90s and early 00s that they eventually painted it on a telephone pole for a few years. I think the signs might be back by now.

1 Like

THIS IS JUST AWESOME

I left my legacy on the island of Utila… First trip, saw trash in the water before a dive, and not ONE OTHER sign of civilization, just palm trees, natural beaches, not even a house in sight. I recall saying “what can I do!!! I’m just one little guy, this is heartbreaking”

Returned 9 months later for a 10 day trip, got involved in the local volunteer beach cleanup for pumpkin hill beach and dedicated 2 days of vacation to cleanings others trash off a beach I would be leaving in a few days.

Returned 3 months after that, for a 3 month stay to get my Divemaster and OWSI certs, ended up pushing the cleanups SO much, the dive center MADE IT A REQUIREMENT for all divemasters in training to attend at least TWO! Even made its own column on the divemaster board. 5 years later, 7 more dive shops on the island have followed suit. My beach, Big Bight Beach, went from a garbage dump you couldnt see sand on, to a gorgeous beach. Still needs weekly cleanups (every sunday the shop owner sends me pics :D) but I smile EVERY time I see those pics because I know that was MY PROJECT! That’'s my baby and my influence and my legacy…

MAD MAD respect to anybody who volunteers for a beach cleanup :slight_smile:

Our first cleanup for the dive center I was at… See the guy holding up something? Thats a brick of weed we found on the cleanup!! couple of kilos for sure, soaked, but made for the most awesome bonfire ever :smiley:

13 Likes

Garbage sadly finds its ways to the most pristine beaches in remote areas. Plastics water bottles and bags gotta be the worst.

2 Likes