Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 4)

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 9.26.32 PM

12 Likes

Hey they stole the idea for that thing from my sauna!

1 Like

This airship cake features LED lighting (perhaps there’s a very small grow inside! HA!) and dry ice steam. By Artisan Cakes

6 Likes

By Johannas Tartor

tumblr_n5vxoik6oj1s3hp12o4_1280

tumblr_n5vxoik6oj1s3hp12o5_1280

6 Likes

Steampunk "How Wings Are Attached to the Backs of Angels," Craig Welsh (1996)

3 Likes

2 Likes

The latest information on King Arthur points to a real person, as well as Merlin his magical side kick, who lived around 500AD and united the Britons during the Roman’s departure, and possibly how the sword in the stone, not to be confused with Excalibur which came from the Lady of the Lake and was returned to her on his deathbed, after a battle where he was mortally wounded, and may have been taken to Italy by the Romans when they left, although it does not match the same time period, so probably not the same one. So its not a myth anymore.

They recently found at Tintagel castle in Cornwall where he is always supposed to have resided, a stone deep in a well with an inscription dedicated to King Arthur.

Merlin has just been found in some ancient manuscripts held at an old library in Oxford, written in old French. It seems he was a very knowledgeable retired soldier who advised Arthur.

5 Likes

Saddened by the “Flag” for my Queer arts post… sad because whomever did it is waiving a flag of intolerance.

People are PEOPLE folks, and if you can’t find two women making fun of a man voicing a hand puppet without getting offended then I’m just sad for you.

Oh well, it’s not often I get disappointed here on OG but here I am… :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Follow-up post:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I read it after the flag, and didn’t even realize it was two women… it’s still not something I particularly wanted to see, though, regardless of who’s doing it. Sometimes it’s not all about identity politics.

6 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

7 Likes

Individual sense of humour, next on the list :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

During my psychotherapist time I have learned there is no normal. I have listened to some of the weirdest shit you can imagine, the sad thing is people suffer believing they are not normal and weird, when they are really just like everyone else.

If what people do is consent full by all parties and enjoyed, it does not matter what anyone else thinks.

Judgement is a mirror reflection of the self or ego, a part of ourselves that scares us, or we do not like it because it is also within us, but is considered not acceptable by society as a “norm” which creates self judgment in a negative way.

I am not one for religion, but a very knowledgeable person, Jesus, once said, Judge not, lest you judge yourself. Which to me is saying the same thing as my paragraph above.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20230327-072924

3 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes