Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

I would totally eat here.

“What’s the special today?”
“It’s a surprise…”

2 Likes

6 Likes

Could you tell me a little bit about how it’s prepared?

1 Like

4 Likes

OMG pretty good Vegan prank !

1 Like

Nice legend. I’m found of this kind of story.

1 Like

2 Likes

I wanna harvest spaghettis too !

1 Like

8 Likes

1 Like

Love Morbo!

I was completely thinking about your house when I posted that. Your front yard needs a little work, but your back yard is living art! Of course, you never did tell us the variety you’re growing in the front yard. You know, that really huge plant! :wink:

I had not considered that. A definite bonus! Keeps the riffraff at bay. (I’m not sure before today I knew how to spell riffraff correctly.)

Thank you so much for the harvesting spaghetti commercial! That is truly a classic! :rofl: :joy: :yum: There is nothing like freshly harvested spaghetti!

Yeah, them beasts move fast from displace to datplace. I believe that’s why they’re called displacers.

Sign me up!

No kidding! I want to too!

Two things I want to know - first, what is the picker’s pay based on? The bunch? The piece? What about short or broken pieces? I know if you are picking cherries, if you have too many without stems at weigh in, your pay is docked. Those are called “milked” cherries. They go bad much faster than a properly picked cherry with the stem intact. I personally never got docked any pay, but I was careful if slow. Lots of new pickers (mostly white kids like me) learned the hard way. The second thing I wanted to know is if the word ‘spaghetti’ a mass noun, but then, as I was thinking about it, I realized ‘spaghetti’ is the modifier here, and (the unspoken ‘noodle’) is the real noun. (I don’t know shit about grammar, however, I do know that etymologically ‘grammar’ is directly related to the word ‘glamour.’ Did you know that? Here it is in a free on-line etymology dictionary. Scroll down the page until you reach the ‘Glamour’ heading.)

2 Likes

Nope, I didn’t knew.

1 Like

Front yard food:

Espalier apple tree (6x varieties),
Tomatos (in pots),
Dinosaur Kale (edge row, will be cropped, dried, powdered and pilled when the 1st snow hits.),
Sugar Maple (gonna need a while but I figure it should be able to be tapped in my lifetime!)

Everything else is ornamental for the birds, bees & insects like the Honeysuckle, Butterfly Bush, Brugmansia, Datura, Ontario Field/Meadow Wildflowers, Geraniums, Wild Grapes, Cosmos, and of course the sacred herb Mugwort.

:hugs:

2 Likes

An awesome plant all around the world! I’ve always thought the leaves vaguely resemble a mutant weed plant’s leaves. And I just learned it’s also an interesting word etymologically. Of course, pick a word, any word, and I’d think it’s interesting! I’m a really simple guy. :slight_smile:

Me - boiling water

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm… reborn (Part 6).