Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

That’ so bad, not only did I have to think about it for a second, I laughed out loud when I figured it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, one actual good thing the church instituted. Of course they quit insisting a long time ago…

6 Likes

6 Likes

Think anyone can retire at 40 making a quarter million a fucking year!

3 Likes

…didn’t pay the power bill???

1 Like

WHAT FUCKING KID MAKES $250,000 A YEAR!!
Fuck- how many ADULTS even??

2 Likes

i’d have retired at 30 with that salary.

2 Likes

The kid who’s father runs the hedge fund he works for. Nobody here, methinks.

4 Likes

“When I opened my own business I had nothing but an idea, a dream, and a five million dollar inheritance from my father.”

4 Likes

Sure. It’s all about what’s really important to the person. And, though I think less so, what the person has done with the money they’ve already “earned.”

Never forget, every great fortune begins with a great crime. Smaller fortunes begin with smaller crimes (and under paying workers is criminal in my mind).

3 Likes

I did some work for a very wealthy “self made” guy several years ago, certainly self made in his own mind. This one day, I was painting several older double hung windows in his wife’s office, when he explained to me how HE was self made. (I think he was trying to identify himself with a working person.) You see, he tells me, when he went to Stanford his parents “only” paid for his academic life. You know, stuff every parent can afford to do. See, if HE wanted to, for example, go to a movie or out to dinner, HE had to earn that money independently. In this case, independently meant that summers he managed a paint store owned by a friend of dad’s. That money sustained him through the academic year. Self made. Self deluded douche bag.

8 Likes

Some people are clueless.

Nobody makes it in their own.

4 Likes

That is correct. Nobody.

3 Likes

I can’t guarantee it wouldn’t change me, but I’d like to have the chance to prove i would still be a good, humble, and generous person, with 250k a year, for, we’ll say 22 years (5.5 million, I can change a lot of lives)? C’mon any philanthropists around? I could turn myself into a non-profit,

Hey Billionaires! Hot Fresh Tax write-off right over here!

4 Likes

And at the very least know your audience and know when to shut up.

5 Likes

If you gave me a half a million dollars right now…it wouldn’t change my life very much. Still couldn’t afford a house.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sad this is your not wrong in a lot of places. Bought the house in 2018 before the property boom here in Oklahoma, somebody hand me 500k right now, I’m retiring, right then and there.

3 Likes

That’s not quite true. I could afford a house by taking out the maximum mortgage they would give us on top of the free 500k. Then lose it when interest rates double again.

If anything, it might make my life worse.

2 Likes

5 Likes