Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

7 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

Why do I have a feeling that is in a Walmart parking lot?

3 Likes

@THCeed, what could be more convenient? She probably bought it there!

2 Likes

3 Likes

IMG_5767

4 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

I think that’s more like elephant foot.

I have a friend who was a welder for the navy in Bremerton, WA. About 40 years ago, an aircraft carrier, I don’t recall which one, came into port for a full retrofit, a multi-year job.

Somewhere on one of the below decks, they found a large bulkhead that was not identified as a bulkhead on the plans. When they cut a door sized panel into it and went in, they discovered an entire machine shop still in cosmoline. Apparently some welder wasn’t paying attention when he sealed the shop and transformed it into a bulkhead! Of course, all of the stationary tools were out of date and had to be replaced. I don’t know what happened to the new “old” tools.

7 Likes

HA! I’m guessing that for most guys, that wouldn’t be even a vague consideration, and for me alcohol wouldn’t play any part in my decision.

1 Like

I’m a single dad. I have been since my pumpkin’s been 3. She turned 29 the other day. She is a better human than me in every way, and I’m the most blessed man on this planet.

5 Likes

I’ll bet that was USS Nimitz in 1989 or 1990. After that retrofit was done, we were off to the Gulf War in 1991. :slight_smile: She was tied up in Bremerton at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard at that time.

2 Likes

It was earlier than that, maybe the late 1970s. I know because my friend died in the mid-1980s.

2 Likes

Canadian flag

5 Likes