Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

4 Likes

My grandfather was an engineer for Standard Oil back in the 20’s & 30’s.
He traveled the world for the company and was an avid photographer, with the really old cameras. The collection of pics was mostly lost in a house fire 30 years ago, a few remain.
I remember pictures of ‘oil lakes’ and wooden oil rigs stretching into the distance across the desert. The coolest pic was a traditional ‘great white hunter’ shot with native guides and a dead boar taken in Papua New Guinea. Tragic to lose those photos but the camera survived…it’s huge.

6 Likes

What a shame all that history was lost. Nice, however, that you can remember some of the pictures. And that the camera survived.

I have to wonder if it was old then? Working for Standard Oil, I’d expect the camera was at least newish and probably top quality.

3 Likes

There were several cameras, the one my Dad ended up with had no film, it used glass plates. My father was quite the photographer too, still have his weathered Voightlander. Have not had a roll of film developed in 20+ years…I’ve got a Canon AE1 with all the bells & whistles that has been packed away…now I have a phone.

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

I love the muppets

3 Likes

5 Likes

Was never a fan of this show anyway…

3 Likes

7 Likes

Need a few fact checkers on this…don’t have any mangoes right now…

10 Likes

3 Likes

This one actually might be true. :wink: Not entirely clear, but that’s more because the science of the entourage effect is still slightly unclear, afaik. They do have high myrcene levels though.

5 Likes

I believe there was another post about this subject maybe last year. As I recall (HA!), the general consensus here (read anecdotally) was yes, it does enhance the high. Sadly, but not at all surprisingly, I don’t recall if it was this thread or another one.

4 Likes

13 Likes

The mind is always the first thing to go. Can you remember the song they were playing at the strip club last night ?

2 Likes

Hard outta likes.

Strip club? You must be mistaking me for some other mota! Management won’t allow me to attend their “gentlemen’s” clubs. I can’t tell you how often I’ve heard, “Hey, you ain’t no gentleman! Get outta here, hairball!” I always try to point out that my hair is neatly groomed, but to no avail. Woe is me. I am hairy woe. Pleased to meet ya!

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes