Noob questions

I consider myselft a noob and almost 1 year after starting growing some questions rise.

So male is a male, female a female, about hermies, how to know? I been getting some seeds from inside the buds, grown brown viable seeds from a green sack inside the buds, how to prevent?

Clones, would clone a clone matter when it come to the final result?

How long after clone the root will be visible if in a coconut 2in square?

When seed sac is becoming a problem?

1 Like

If you are getting seeds without males then you’ve got some hermaphroditism happening. How much is tolerable is up to you. A few seeds is no big deal but I wouldn’t use them.

For your clone roots 2 weeks is a good guess.

5 Likes

Learn to spot “bananas” at a glance, yellowish claw shape appendix…

Example from a skunk I grew, can you spot them?

Nanners can be anything from sterile to star buck, so yeah…

11 Likes

Why not use seeds from hermie plant without any males around?

1 Like

Yeah, I can see the claw, left of the plant. Nice tip.

Bingo.

They do start green and transition to yellow as they mature. Oh and they mostly come in quadruples, there are at least 10 singles/groups in the pic.

:+1:

One last thing… there are some “sneaky” hermies, the worst type… the pollen comes from inside the buds, very hard to find.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want the stress :grimacing: on anyone.

20220502_08_43_48

6 Likes

Here are two hermie pics, you can see both balls and pistills, any seed you use from them will tend also to hermie … beer3|nullxnull

10 Likes

I was only paying attention to the yellow horn but now I see, looks like tiny green bananas…
On this plants never saw anything like that, because I squeeze the bud bwfore grind it, the seeds pooped out, may have smoked 1 or 2…lol

2 Likes

Because those seeds will be hermaphroditic too.

It’s a long project and you don’t want to fail before you begin.

Plenty of good/cheap/free options I would put my faith in first.

Even if your buds aren’t ruined by seeds your experience will be ruined with uncertainty and doubt and extended banana hunts that are no fun.

Trust me, been there.

6 Likes

When I saw the second picture, I thought- well this is absolutely f’d

But also
Hahaha
Cheers :beers:

6 Likes

I hate hermies, first run without any so far, I’m crediting that to the optic foliar switch sprayed at days 7 and 17 of flower. They’re not a big deal in personal stash but seeds drastically reduce value in todays market if you’re dealing.

1 Like

Oh you think you’re tough eh? :joy:

This one got chopped 10 days too early because it was getting really ugly.

4 Likes

Well, I am in there mate, no way back.
I had white widdows feminized and still have it but they are the strain that gave more seeds and I had to try this fresh seeds, I have to be looking for bananas but better something than nothing.
But I am prepared to kill any male at sight.

1 Like

Yeh? Can yours throw nanners in between pistils and seed itself, creating 2 seeds in that single pod?! Thought so… :muscle: :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah that’s something alright.

2 Likes

Sorry for the hijack @TastyCrop, hermies is something, I think, we all feel strongly about :sweat_smile:

If you use seeds from a hermie-- almost all of them will also be hermies/seeded too…
And some are SOOOO Sneaky…looks like just pure unseeded buds-- then you find seeds deep in the buds-- USUALLY (not always) from a light leak in the room, heats tress or other stressors that cause a few banana to ‘pop-up’ inside the bud where you can not see them.

What’s this, a “my banana is bigger” ejem|nullxnull school days contest?frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

The ones I got were from heat and light stress, were down on the buds, been checking my album for bananas but no trace of them.

Some say they will drop seeds as well but only if stressed, otherwise will be like mom if unstressed.
I might get some males or hermies but if I get one female, worth it.

I remember my 1st time, went with some seeds that come in some buds I smoked, got a lot of nuts, 1st run, 3 females, 2nd run 3 males. All from same set of buds.

So I am giving them a try. May be a error but is on the way.

Anyway is always good to learn. And today I learned about cannabis and banannas😎

2 Likes