Northern Lights R2 Cut

Can anyone tell me the history of the Northern Lights R2 cut from the east coast of Canada? I recently got a pack of seeds which used that as the mother in the cross.

7 Likes

Whoa!!

This is a grail of mine, I have been seeking the R2 for years. Used to be a big production cut in the maritimes, I believe it originated from Shediac or Moncton. Lots of info over on Icmag on this. Interesting that its being used in this cross, have not seen it in over a decade.

6 Likes

If you’re interested. The seeds are available from green rose seeds. I got them on the OCS website

1 Like

Good 'ol government regulations…
2/3s of the label are mandated warnings… :smirk:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Why not reach out to GRS and ask them for some info. I’d be curious to know where they sourced the cut and why its been laying low for so long. Inquiring minds want to know. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Yeah the LP’s in Canada are magicians when it comes to “finding unicorns”
It’s like they research strains and say they have certain ones to boost sales. Canadas legalization is the biggest cannabis scam to date.

7 Likes

Yeah I would love to know haha, I have literally been looking for this cut, as have many people peripherally involved in cultivation from this area.

@Kushking902 I could not agree with you more, amazing how many unicorns have been found from 2018 until now haha

5 Likes

I just had a few grams of R2 over the weekend, I live in Maritime Canada where you can find it every now and again.

This was pretty good, not a huge kick though. Weird thing was that it tasted like garlic!

1 Like

Northern lights tasting like garlic? That’s odd

2 Likes

What a label! Seriously I prefer the fake ali baba Mylar bags at this point or just a plastic dime bag.

CAUTION: seeds.

1 Like

That’s longer than my will

All my seeds go to…

Eccchhhh gasp

That eeeeccch gasp guy is pretty lucky.

Foreigner did you notarize that sack?

I did yes I even used my stamp.

5 Likes

Hey. Just found out the R2 cut will be coming to market in Canada. They are just waiting for lab results and should be available soon. Cuts in April or May 2024

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4LQGVROziE/?igsh=MTBwYTE0em0zcDEzZQ==

3 Likes

I was actually talking with these guys recently it’s not actually the r2 cut.
They used a legacy grower that had r2 and got a genetic blueprint, then a craft breeder made a cross that was genetically similar to the r2 cut. He openly admitted it’s not an identical match to the original. They crossed Don’s Afghan x Steve Murphy’s Afghan and called it NL2/R2

6 Likes

:thinking: well that’s kinda messed up… Appreciate the info tho for damn sure!

I actually have one pack left of REAL R2 I’ve been meaning to reproduce. See if I can get to it this year…

11 Likes