North's 2022 Outdoor

Thanks bud! Happy to have you :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Plants are all doing very well. Found an interesting development though… a raccoon decided to take a dump in my Mango Smile pot. Little fucker!

I found a caterpillar nest in the Snow G plant but I removed that little bugger asap! I scanned the garden and that was the only nest. Damn months…

SDxSS is the beast of the garden with Snow G right behind it. They both have a very different structure but it’s been interesting to watch them grow out. SDSS just wants to bush out like crazy and has CRAZY vigour where as Snow G is concentrating on a Christmas tree main monster cola. I topped her though and have been training the branches and tops to encourage more bush like growth.

Here’s SDXSS, she absolutely reeks already… it’s honestly very exciting how strong this smell is!! I hope it carries forward. I topped her and spread her out. She has 4 main tops now but I was away for a few days and the tops got too tall for me to spread out without risk of snapping a branch so I pinched each top to encourage more of the secondary stems to grow and catch up. The branching on this girl is impressive! She’s going to yield very very heavy.

Here’s Snow G:

Here’s Japhy, also very vigorous and branchy:

Here’s Star Pupil, she has a very interesting structure. Also wants to grow just one single spear but I topped her last wk and have been spreading out the branches. She’s a bit of a slow grower in veg but I can’t wait to see her take off in the coming month when she starts to flower.

Here’s the Lemon Afghani from ACE Seeds, she’s growing very nicely. I pinched her top to encourage more side branching and she didn’t skip a beat. If you’ll remember, I started her seed a month behind the rest. She’s not too far behind the Star Pupil already.

Here’s CDLC from Mephisto looking majestic AF! She really short up in height suddenly over the last few days.

Here are my two Goji reveg plants. Number 4 and 8:

Here’s Mango Smile, smells amazing! Like ripe melons, sweet but musty and creamy:

Here’s Zkittles Auto, also smells incredible like sharp citrus with a musty creamy back end also, just a bit more sharp than the mango smile.

And finally here’s Wedding Cheese Cake, which is looking very very nice!

Tuesdays are SST feedings which I add Ful-Power and Silicon in a liquid monosilicic acid form. I recently listened to the Cannabis and Cultivation podcast with Tad Hussey about silicon and can recommend it as a good listen! Episode 98. Learned a lot. I need to figure out if this is ok to combine with Ful-Power. I’ll report back on what I figure out. My fermented alfalfa finished so I’ve been adding 30ml/gallon to the tea, coconut powder is added to the flowering autos.

Fridays are earth worm casting tea feedings. I’ve been doing the following:

5 Gallons filtered water
1-2 cups earth worm castings (pre bloomed)
1 tsp humid acid powder
1 tsp kelp powder
1 tsp TM7 (if I missed my foliar application that wk)
62ml molasses
150ml liquid fish
150ml activated EM1
1 tbsp insect frass
*bubble for 24hrs
At the end I add 30ml/gallon of my fermented insect frass

Scouting for pests daily. IPM sprays weekly. Switching between LABS, Sulphur power and insecticidal soap.

17 Likes

they look good :slightly_smiling_face:

that sdxss though. :green_heart: have you taken clones?

1 Like

Not yet, but I will!

1 Like

Nice. Free fertilizer! :wink:

3 Likes

Man I almost missed this whole grow!

Everything is looking beautiful out there northnorth!

I bet you’re gonna love that mango smile. A buddy grew one out a couple years back and it’s definitely hazy. One of my absolute favorites from Mephisto! I grew out a cdlc myself a few years ago that came out pretty good. Very much stardawg. Looks like the same height as yours. Meph auto’s seem to really shine in coco setups, that’s when they really put out the yield.

Anyways, glad I caught up before it’s over. Love your detailed posts ^^

4 Likes

LOL I know right?! I hear racoon poop is fkn toxic though… But stink in, stink out amiright!?

Thanks for the kind words Holy. Ya I thought the Mango Smile would stretch a bit but I think it has something to do with the timing of my process. I really cant wait to sample it! After all the research I’ve done on Mango Haze I think I’m really going to like it a lot.

3 Likes

YEAH GET THAT OUTA THERE ASAP! I would worry what migrates from it’s arsehole into the plant if you let it water in. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

From what I’m reading it’s not actually toxic to plants. They do carry diseases as well as most having roundworms though, and those can be passed to humans or other animals, so not particularly good to have around. The real downside to leaving it there and using it as fertilizer is that, if you ignore it, the raccoons will start using your plant as a communal latrine since it’s now been marked as the territory of that particular gaze… what a weird name for a group of animals. :man_shrugging: Better than a murder, I guess?

3 Likes

haha oh ya I double bagged my dogs poop bags and picked that shit up immediately after snapping a pic.

haha thanks for the nature lesson man… we get a ton of racoons around here so now that I know a heard of them is called a gaze I feel a bit more educated. I had a gaze of racoons living under my deck for a hot minute a few summers ago and one of them died! They just lived in and around it and continued on with their lives.

4 Likes

Things are getting BIG up here in the North!

Snow G is growing nicely and has bushed out with some strong branching.

I think a raccoon or something snapped her lower branch during a rain storm a few days ago. When I initially checked on it I didn’t take a picture but I noticed a good amount of small black bugs that looked like little specks crawling in and around the open wound of the branch and stock. Not sure wth they were but I’ve patched the branch, supported it and the bugs are all gone now. They were sort of tear drop shaped or shaped like an eye. I tried to get some pics but they were just so small!

Either way I blasted the plants with Bob Hemphills IPM recipe and haven’t seen any since.

Bobs IPM recipe is:
1 tsp Eucalyptus essential oil
1 tsp Peppermint essential oil
1 tsp Rosemary essential oil

• mixed together to combine

1000ml warm water
1/2 tsp of the mixed EO
1/2 tsp Dr Bronners liquid soap

Sour D x Sweet Skunk is an absolute beast. I am afraid of this plant but I also just want to jump into it and hug it at the same time. Like, I want to build a series of treehouses in it like the Ewok village.

Japhy, my CBD all star is bushing nicely.

Star Pupil has grown significantly as well. This is not much of a bush but I am enjoying the simple structure of this plant. I have good feelings about this one for some reason.

Here are the autos, from left to right, Wedding Cheese Cake, Zkittlez and Mango Smile.

Here are the Goji plants. They’re looking a bit too like green to me. I fed with some extra nitrogen in a foliar, which helped a little but I’m going to have to figure this one out.

Creme de la Chem is looking MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! I am so stoked on this plant. This is the best looking auto I’ve grow I think. I believe it has to do with my timing of potting outdoors combined with the pot in pot method.

Here’s the Lemon Afghani back there on the right.

Transition time is coming so that means it’s time to front load some calcium. For that I have water soluble gypsum that will be watered in with my SST and probably incorporated into my foliar regime. I’ll do this for the next 4 weeks at transition time for me is typically at the beginning of August. They’ll also all get a top dress in 2 weeks time. Gypsum also contains Sulphur so that will be a nice amendment to add at this time.

Found some other weird shit on one of the leaves… looks like bird poop but I could be wrong.

That’s a dumb image to leave this post with but I’ll post more later. I have a sweet update on my Neighbour’s plants that I donated to them!

16 Likes

A little update on the beans I gave my neighbours at the start of the season.

This is (Double Grape x 3 Bears OG) x Creme De La Chem from @BasementBeans
She’s thicc! Smells dank af too! Nice chunky main cola and frosty as all hell!

And this is Forum Stomper F2 from @Sebring
Not sure who actually F2’d these but so far it’s a pretty nice plant! Nice and frosty and a bit more of a stretcher than the other one.

14 Likes

Dude I’m embarrassed it’s taken me this long to find this thread, I gotta head back to the top and read down but from the flyby things look awesome! Setting this one to “watching” and gonna hang out bud! :call_me_hand:t2::v:t2::heart:

4 Likes

All good homie! Always welcome whenever. I miss a lot of threads also these days it seems. So hard to keep tabs on everyone at the same time.

Anyway, happy to have you! Maybe we can trade some flower at the end of the season.

4 Likes

I’m about due for my weekly update. Plants are exploding. I’m getting arthritis just thinking about all the trimming I’m going to have to do this fall lol… first world problems I guess.

I can no longer fit all the plants in a group shot so individually shots it is!

I top dressed all the photoperiod plants a few days ago and cleaned up the top of the pots by terminating the cover crop, re-amending with my craft blend mix (with added wollastonite) and covering it all with earth worm castings and my Bokashi bran that I made in the spring. I recently learned about wollastonite from Brandon Rust’s IG posts about front loading calcium. Wollastonite rock dust contains calcium silicate. So you not only get the benefit of calcium, you also get silicate in your soils as well, which has a number of really great benefits. I didn’t have as much worm castings on hand as I’d like but I think it’ll still do the trick.

Before and after on the top of the pots:

The Bokashi bran may not have made it in the picture but I did toss some down after the castings went down. That should help with breaking everything down.

Here’s SD X SS:

This is Snow G F2:

Japhy:

Star Pupil:

Lemon Afghani:

CDLC:

And the other autos (Wedding Cheese Cake, Zkittlez and Mango Smile) which are all getting really close to being finished.

Wedding Cheese Cake has been a pleasure to watch grow. Terps smell like skunk and cheese so far. I did no training on this plant, same with the CDLC. I think I’m going to try and just let them go from here on out like this.

Here’s so close ups of Zkittlez:

Mango Smile:

The Goji’s (on the left) are starting to bounce back as well. I think they were just hungry! I fed with some water solvable amino’s, liquid fish and also top dressed them. They’re slowly turning into a more deeper green colour. This pic is from about 4-5 days ago so they still look a bit lime green.

That’s about it for now. Raccoons are still annoying the shit out of me. Pooping all around the pots and digging them up and stuff. That’s about the biggest pest this summer. Also seeing these hornets that scare the shit out of me. They have black and white stripes on their butts. I googled and if this is correct then I’m afraid. They’re called a Bald-faced Hornet and can sting it’s prey multiple times without doing damage to itself. It also injects VENOM!

Guys… if I don’t update this thread send a helicopter out to scan rooftops.

17 Likes

dang, man. so many nice plants! the sdss and lemon affie tho :eyes: :fire:

you thinking abt trapping the trash pandas?

3 Likes

Dude! Things look Kush up on that roof. And fuck those hornets man, I hate those flying jerks

1 Like

Digging the grow man! Autos looking killer!

1 Like

Can’t do it. Too risky mang… we have strict bi-laws against harming those trash pandas. Huge fines for trapping or anything. I’m working on some kind of repellent. Fkn whores. Found so much more poop and pee this morning! I hate themmmmmmmmm….

Bruh! Tell me about it. I fkn hate hornets man, they’re flying death machines.

Thanks homie! :fist:t3:

4 Likes

Freaking beautiful @NorthNorthNugs !!!

3 Likes