Nostalgic Expo - Cannatrade 2002

When browsing through my archive of photos I’ve discovered very nostalgic folders with photos of Cannatrade 2002. It was held in Bern, Switzerland, at time were growing cannabis was legal there…

And this feeling just shines from the photos - flowering cannabis was practically everywhere as pure garnish… You couldn’t probably seen this anywhere else… Current fairs in Europe (spannabis, cannafest) sometimes have cannabis plant, but these are purely technical (without active THC).

There was even “pile” of cannabis plants in vegetative state, and after exhibition people where taking them home “free” as souvenirs :)…

Its amazing to see what kind of freedom it was back then… Of course many of brands are now not functional and many others have become world leaders :slight_smile:

Bea Bern Expo

1 Like

Pretty unique thing was also possibility to smoke vaporized marijuana in exhibition hall :)…

Smoking was allowed everywhere…

Or do harvesting / trimming :slight_smile: (Kermith brand)

Live marijuana grow boxes:

Plagron back in 2002 had these really simple etiquetes…

2 Likes

Some hydroponic and grow system were inspirational for us at the time…

We did like verticals…

This dosing machine was pretty pricey… More than 5.000 EUR… (of course in Swiss Francs)…

Advanced Hydroponics of Holland has just started their business…

Smoking was not something to hide…

Even hashish was not problematic :slight_smile: and police didn’t show up…

After closing the exhibition, some people were leaving with plants in their hands to let them flowering and budding home :)…

5 Likes

Thanks for likes !

Few more:

B’cuzz old designs :slight_smile: :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Not much changed on these hydro systems to date …

cannabis lectures

1 Like

Heat Gun Vaporizing set … :smile: not quite a pocket solution :smiley: :microscope:

1 Like

Not necessarily technical hemp :slight_smile:

BAE Expo hall overview - quite busy early evening…

And bonus one - first czech canna business representative :wheel_of_dharma: - now non-existant hotdog.cz clothing from Teplice.

wow !! bring back memories…
me and wifey made a report of cannatrade2003 for weedpost.com, my site back then.
I know I have the backups of the db somewhere… but they’re probably 4000 km far so…
thanks for posting this !!
:smiley:

Dig them out if you can, it would be wonderful to see … Few years later it was moved to Basel and Zurich probably…

CannaTrade in Bern is the place where it all started (first fair in Europe was there year before - in 2001).

It is weird to look at all those old bottle design, low-tech vaporizers and so… In some sense it is like “stone age” of cannabis farming :smiley:

1 Like