Not sure how many Floridians are on OG

But I sure hope you’re no where near Tampa, and if you are, that you’re already in your car headed down to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
Ian’s a big storm, and looks to be taking aim straight at Tampa Bay.

Lob

5 Likes

Miami here. Lucked out again. Good luck everyone in the path.

2 Likes

I lived in Tampa areafor 4yrs, still have lots of friends there. I’ve been telling all of them to head your way. No sense going North on this one.

Lob

1 Like

I am 50 miles east of Tampa and I have no plans on leaving. I have been through much worse.

2 Likes

At 50mi, I’d stay put also…
I lived just North of Clearwater, 100yds from the Gulf, and I would NOT stay put there, for this one.

Lob

4 Likes

Sat through Andrew 10 miles north of the eye. These things are no joke. Lots of friends houses were destroyed in Irma a few years back in the keys. Just play it safe take precautions and heed warnings.
If your in an evacuation zone, EVACUATE!

3 Likes

I got to sit thru Zeta a few years ago in Cozumel, right under the eye. Was insane to watch the wind change direction as the storm passed over us, first north to south, then east to west when it was overhead, and finally south to north once past us. We were idiots who BBQ’d outside “Just to say we BBQ’d in a Hurricane”. Those sausages were good, but an hour later our table was whipped up like 8ft, spun around a few times and slammed against the alcove we were smoking a bowl in. The storm itself wasn’t too bad, watching preparations at the harbor (we put our boat back in the jungle), was crazy! We lost power for 2 weeks but it was because it was the actual house connection, neighbors all had power. Didn’t take but a few weeks and the island was back to pre-storm status.

5 Likes

I’m not from Florida, but have a close friend there.
Just popping in to wish and pray for you all the best of luck and safety.

2 Likes

Predicted to go over my sister in law and family in cape coral now. Well not the eye but the worst of storm surge. I told my wife to invite them down south, mother-in-law invited them north east as well. Can’t teach stupid.
9-12’ storm surge for cape coral
3’ elevation above sea-level.

1 Like

I lived in jax for a year. Never understood you guys and those damn hurricane party’s lol. Now I’m reading hurricane bbq. Haha. Floridians never not impress me. Much prayer and positivity sent from my direction in souther Cali. If you’re in an evacuation zone. I agree. Evacuate. I have a feeling this one Gonna surge cause this heat wave that swept thru. Much love to everyone affected. Please stay safe.

2 Likes

I am not in Florida but I have been overhearing my wife and her Family in Cuba “Isla La Juventud” talking and it sounds like the winds are really bad (100+ mph) and the hurricane just sat on them last night and F’d up some infrastructure. I know the electricity is out and has been out but that is a normal day in Cuba.

Hope y’all are safe out there :call_me_hand:

2 Likes