Nothing to see here, Yet!

total newbie here hoping to get my grow on.
I got the stealth thing going on as the man still waging his war on the wicked weed in this neck of the woods.
I managed to acquire a fridge and after a bit of modification I think it’ll do the job.
I’ve got the ac infinity 4" fan with carbon filter to exhaust air., this fan is crazy quiet and sounds just like a normal fridge hum from the outside.
I did have passive air inlets but had issues with heat so I rigged up a 100 mm inlet fan with adjustable speed and changed the light which has the temps under control.
Light is a 100w dimmable led light.
there’s a small PC case fan for air circulation.
I cooked up my soil a few months ago which is based on the Coot mix and changed a few things around to suit what i could get locally.
the pot is 35l and I got a clover mix cover crop and a mulch straight out of the native bush.
All I need now is a plant!
Keen on any input from the more experienced ogers and hopefully will have some beans soon thanks to @cadman newbie giveaway.

37 Likes

That’s a cool looking setup you got there bud, gonna have to keep my eye on this thread. Best of luck.

5 Likes

That’s a serious size pot right there. Loving the living soil and wish you a smooth easy grow!

3 Likes

Very neat setup!

3 Likes

I like it, while your in there grab me a cold one would ya!

6 Likes

You got this man! Don’t overthink it all :slight_smile: plants like to grow and that coot mix is a great starting point!

Nice tomato :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks, the tomatoes are my first crack at cloning which gives me a good supply of growroom test subjects.

4 Likes

fun! So you cloned the tomato… Are you starting a plant soon?

1 Like

I would love to be able to pull up a chair and watch this one.
Very cool set up.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

@rabbit This is exactly what I wanted to see, New people getting engaged with the community and having fun growing. Great job :clap:

8 Likes

Sweet set up. Just put a sticker that there is no beer in this fridge.

6 Likes

hopefully will be all go soon, I have got the last 3 beans I have relaxing in a warm bath with a drop of hydrogen peroxide. I have not had any luck with the ones I have so far, they are a few years old and have not been stored well. Some of the good guys on here have sent me some seeds so hoping the are here soon and should be rocking.

5 Likes

Bit of an update. I chucked the seeds into jiffy pellets on the 01/05 and only the M.B.A from @CADMAN showed up to the party, she went straight into the big pot on the 05/05, when i flipped the pellet over the root was right out the bottom.

Everything seems to be humming along nicely at the minute, temps get up to 28° during lights on which is 20 on 4 off and humidity sitting around 46% and mid 50s lights off.
I dialed the light up to 100% over a few days and lowered at same time.
She also had 1.5l bottom water on 08/05

I have noticed the leaves starting to curl up near the middle edge. Maybe to do with cranking to light up so quickly?

6 Likes

I love your tie down points… :sunglasses: :+1:

All ready for a little ‘light bondage’.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Still humming along nicely, was without light for 14 hrs on the 10/05 because of a power outage.
Im thinking this is not a M.B.A as i originally thought, maybe @CADMAN you could let me know what you think.
This thing is unreal the growth its putting on, tight as nodes and a trunk like a tree and quite a unique smell.

3 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

@rabbit I don’t have the list anymore of who got what. All I know is whatever you signed up for is what you received. MBA is not pheno hunted to start with, so you may find some real fire in there.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. The set up looks great. Have fun. I’m happy for you. I have thought about that. Old seafood truck would work nice.

3 Likes

Still just cruising along nicely i have noticed a bit of clawing in the new growth.
I have not raised the light any yet and it seems closer then i figured it should be but i have nothing to measure the actual output on this thing.
Temp sitting at 28° and humidity around mid 40s.
I watered 6 days ago with 3l of water with a splash of seasol(seaweed) and a couple tbs of molasses.
I will wateragain tonight with plain water.

5 Likes